PDA

View Full Version : Barnes or Mann

Will
12-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Both had good games this season, but weren't quite as consistent as we had hoped, although Mann was hurt at the beginning of the season. Who do you rather keep around? I go with Barnes. Is it possible both are brought back?

jerrym
12-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Bring them both to training camp along with Inman and Owens (of course) but also bring in some new people and let them fight it out for the job. Owens obviously should make the team and Inman should make it because as a rookie he was better than Mann and Barnes. With regard to the latter two, I could see both, one or neither of them making it depending on what the competition is like.

paulwoods13
12-01-2012, 05:08 PM
I think both could be back for the entire season. Both showed flashes of brilliance, and Mann in particular showed that he can block downfield as well as catch. Obviously there will be others vying for spots, including Tranks, but I saw enough out of both guys this year that if they end up sticking again next year, I'll be fine with that.

ArgoGabe22
12-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I liked how they used them both at the end of the season, both should be back but if I had to I would say Mann (his blocking was excellent vs CGY). Tranks should be back and all of the CDNs will be back at training camp. I'm thinking Rambo will be let go before then.

argolio
12-01-2012, 05:22 PM
What, no love for Rambo? (kidding!)

ArgoRavi
12-01-2012, 06:55 PM
I agree that both should be back and there should be another healthy competition at the receiver positions in training camp. I look forward to seeing how second-year Canadians like Feoli-Gudino and Hurst do. I wonder if they will bring Kouame back. I can't see them bringing Rambo back and I look forward to seeing Tranks push for a job in camp next year. Of course, I am sure that there will be at least one new receiver whom they sign who will contribute as well.

matchuk
12-01-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm hoping they are both back. Happy to see Barnes accept the pr role for a bit, then came back ready to play. I like both these guys.

doubleblue
12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
You never know when some players just up and retire for what ever reasons, but if Mann and Barnes still want to play I would bring them back. But as others have said, keep looking for hidden gems in those tryout camps Jones holds in the off season.
Another receiver like Montreal's Green or Richardson would be an upgrade IMO over Barnes or Mann.

I hope the Argos can upgrade their Canadian talent at WR and an eventual replacement for Jeff Johnson at RB. Most of the other teams in the CFL have better overall Canadian talent at those two positions. I like Bradwell as a ST guy and for the five pack receiver set but my jury is still out on the rest of them as far as them being starter material.

However looking at this years draft, the strength seems to be O and D-Linemen. Barker believes (rightly so) in drafting the best athlete. That might be a future O or D Lineman with the eight pick this year.

hugoagogo
12-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I think it took a good chunk of the season for Ray to find his rhythm with the offensive scheme. Now that he's got his groove, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Unlike the offense he ran in Edm, Ray doesn't have one or two "go to" guys. Each different receiver has the potential to be a 1000 yard guy. I think both Mann & Barnes have the ability to contribute, but at least one of them will be part of the $ numbers game next year.

1argoholic
12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
It was a strange year with so many new faces and then Mann had the injury early on but bring both back. I think someone would have to clearly beat them out at camp.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8