PDA

View Full Version : Grey Cup week was very friendly to Argo fans.

1argoholic
12-03-2012, 05:06 PM
I heard only one or two Argos Suck chant and Rider fans were sheepishly quiet.One Ticat fan was yelling it after the game and I yelled back Champagne From The Cup and he came over a shook my hand. haha.
I did meet some super sweet Rider fans on Friday at Steam Whistle. These people almost begged us to come to Regina next year after I said that hardly any regulars that I know are going because Dash Tours has made a real mess of everything. They've got hotels not willing to to take any reservations until Aug. I still think it'll be the big green incestfest because they are making it very difficult for out of province fans. Even The Spirit Of Edmonton is in limbo. Too much!!

Will
12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
I got a few Argos suck chants, but I think at an event like Grey Cup anybody who is going to come to the host city (which happened to be us) and be belligerent against that team's fans is a bit of a zero anyhow. You have to remember that many Rider fans were cheering for the Argonauts as well so that may have played a factor although they were numerous as at any other Grey Cup. I have to wonder about the transactions that went on between Lions fans and Stampeders fans once the Grey Cup match-up was decided. There were still many Lions fans who I'm sure were fully expecting their team to be in the finals (as I think most of us were), and I suspect not as many Stampeder fans were scheduled to come to Toronto until their team beat the Lions in the Western Final.

294life
12-06-2012, 02:53 PM
We saw more Rider fans than anyone. My guess is they must have held all the empty seats at Rogers hoping for a 2007 repeat because there were many riderfans near those sections. Glad it didn't happen though. No 100 for you sask.

AaronInToronto
12-07-2012, 09:05 AM
My battle was with Toronto Maple Leafs fans more than anyone else. One guy in my section was yelling Go Leafs Go and Argos Suck. When I confronted him he said that the only real sports teams in Toronto were the Leafs and the Jays. It almost came to blows between a few of us. I offered to show him where the exit was, and reminded him that the Leafs steal his money and give him nothing back. What an arse.

T-Bone
12-07-2012, 09:12 AM
My battle was with Toronto Maple Leafs fans more than anyone else. One guy in my section was yelling Go Leafs Go and Argos Suck. When I confronted him he said that the only real sports teams in Toronto were the Leafs and the Jays. It almost came to blows between a few of us. I offered to show him where the exit was, and reminded him that the Leafs steal his money and give him nothing back. What an arse.
So what was he doing at the Grey Cup? That is just stupid. I personally can't stand the people wearing Leafs jerseys doing the "Go Leafs Go" chant at other sporting events outside of a Leafs game. It happens all the time at Jays games and I just don't get it. Why go to Jays game, then?

Will
12-07-2012, 10:10 AM
A "Go Jays Go" chant was started at a Leaf game late in the season last year, but that was more the fans "protesting" over yet another lost season.

ArgoRavi
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
So what was he doing at the Grey Cup?

That is the obvious question, isn't it? Why would he spend all that money to act like a moron?

Will
12-07-2012, 11:32 AM
That is the obvious question, isn't it? Why would he spend all that money to act like a moron?

Your the one who teaches psychology, Ravi. Your more qualified to answer the question than we are.

jerrym
12-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Unfortunately, its because he gets more of a rise out of hassling others than from enjoying the good things in life that are right in front of him.

LLB997
12-07-2012, 01:24 PM
1 guy gave me a "go Leafs" while walking towards the street fest on Blue Jays way because i was wearing my Argos cap. i replied with a very spirited "GO LAFFS GO". And after the game ended one guy was screaming in THE CORRIDORS " Bills suck, AAARRRGGGOOOSSS".

I was giving lots of love to Argos fans i came across. No fans deserve it more. Came up to a few guys and would compliment some of their nice old school 80s jerseys and just generally give them props. I am a fan of the team myself but the Argos diehards are a special lot in my eyes . All the Double Blue fans have long deserved a week to be in the spotlight in the city and i was just glad i was there to share in it.

ArgoGabe22
12-08-2012, 11:04 AM
On GC Sunday I was walking on Front Street by the hotel and the bellboy said "Go Bills Go!" to a group of Argo fans. I laughed but would've punched the guy and some guy responded "Buffalo? You're in the wrong city". Like seriously WTF, who says this.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8