http://www.argonauts.ca/article/toronto-argonauts-transactions-december-4

the following player has been released:
pos name status college

de ejiro kuale imp lsu

um...why?

wtf???????????????????

Wobbler
12-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Landry speculated (Twitter) that he asked for his release so he could take a shot at the NFL and Dave Naylor agrees with him.

Will
12-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Landry speculated (Twitter) that he asked for his release so he could take a shot at the NFL and Dave Naylor agrees with him.

Seems like a plausible scenario.

Terry Koshan on twitter says that Kuale asked for his release to tryout for the NFL.

294life
12-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Danny Desriveaux retired. Glad he got one more ring. Thanks argos.

dmont
12-04-2012, 04:47 PM

I hope that's the case with Kuale. If not, it would make me very nervous about where management's head is at.

1argoholic
12-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Well he could end up back in double blue by Sept.

As I waited for my wife and mom after Grey Cup a young Als couple came up and asked if Danny Desriveaux was still with Toronto? I said I believe he was on the pr.

ArgoRavi
12-04-2012, 04:50 PM

I hope that's the case with Kuale. If not, it would make me very nervous about where management's head is at.

That is totally what it is. Kuale was scheduled to become a free agent on Feb. 15th so the Argos let him out of his contract a bit early so that he could explore his NFL options. The hope, on the Argos' part, will be that he will be more inclined to re-sign with the Argos if nothing much happens for him in the NFL as they have now done him this favour.

Will
12-04-2012, 04:53 PM
That is totally what it is. Kuale was scheduled to become a free agent on Feb. 15th so the Argos let him out of his contract a bit early so that he could explore his NFL options. The hope, on the Argos' part, will be that he will be more inclined to re-sign with the Argos if nothing much happens for him in the NFL as they have now done him this favour.

You would hope so, but it isn't always the case.

See: Barnes, Jason

ArgoGabe22
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
I remember an article in which Kuale said he was too immature the last time he had an NFL shot and really wanted another chance. He can always be re-signed. They must see something in Alix to keep him around, does Pre's decision have anything to do to with this?

I think we just signed a sportscaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-W1hng_g-k No info on AJ Jackson.

ArgoRavi
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
You would hope so, but it isn't always the case.

See: Barnes, Jason

That is true but I have no problem with the Argos doing this for Kuale as we are only talking about two and a half months difference between waiting for free agency or releasing him now. IIRC, Barnes still had an option year left on his Edmonton contract when they released him but I think that there were a lot of "issues" (for lack of a better word) between Barnes and the Esks.

mchesher03
12-05-2012, 10:34 AM
I don't see a problem with it given his pending FA status. Best of luck to him - i follow him on twitter and the guy was always pumped up and seemed to be loving his time in Toronto for what it's worth. Hope he either gets paid or is back for another run next year.

294life
12-06-2012, 02:55 PM
At least one argo is returning home to Montreal. Desriveaux signed with the Carabins as a receiver coach.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8