PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts are with the folks who lost children in the lastest US tragedy.

1argoholic
12-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Also to the powers that be to the south of us. Get your CRAP together as your country has worse problems than it's economy. I for one am not sure I want to spend my money travelling to such a messed up place.

As a matter of fact I've had only one very uneasy sketchy incident in my 50 years and it was in Niagara Falls NY years ago coming home from a bar. My buddy got lost and because we were in a nice Trans Am a cop pulled us over and he came to the car with gun drawn. He realized that we were lost Canadians and gave us directions to get the hell out of dodge.

If this incident does nothing to show law makers how screwed the right to bare arms bs is than I have no clue what it will take.

For now I'll continue to travel in a safe country that I'm glad to be from and live in.

294life
12-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm actually travelling to connecticut in 4 weeks. My thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

matchuk
12-14-2012, 10:32 PM
makes me physically sick thinking about it

294life
12-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Also to the powers that be to the south of us. Get your CRAP together as your country has worse problems than it's economy. I for one am not sure I want to spend my money travelling to such a messed up place.

As a matter of fact I've had only one very uneasy sketchy incident in my 50 years and it was in Niagara Falls NY years ago coming home from a bar. My buddy got lost and because we were in a nice Trans Am a cop pulled us over and he came to the car with gun drawn. He realized that we were lost Canadians and gave us directions to get the hell out of dodge.

If this incident does nothing to show law makers how screwed the right to bare arms bs is than I have no clue what it will take.

For now I'll continue to travel in a safe country that I'm glad to be from and live in.

Riiiight , where we dismember and behead people. Our shooting sprees may not be as massive but we still have 'em

1argoholic
12-15-2012, 12:51 AM
I'll take my chances in Canada where I've never had an issue and don't fear our streets. We aren't a gun nation. There are over 300 million guns owned in the states. I heard that today and that's flat out screwed. Yes there are issues everywhere but everything is always bigger in the US. Slaughtering 5 year olds? When do they wake the hell up. Might be way too late for that country. As my wife said tonight that they's have an internal war if they tried to pass serious gun regulations. I don't like the fact that my wife will be travelling to California next month. She's traveled to the states quite a bit and really isn't to thrilled to anymore but her folks winter down there now. I haven't hit the states since the CFL had teams in Baltimore and Sacramento. My last two trips.

294life
12-15-2012, 03:18 AM
70 million gun owners last I heard. Not one of them is going to flinch. The guy obviously had mental issues. Responsible gun owners aren't going to take the fall for the crazies.

Midnight Blue
12-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Criminals and crazies prey on defenseless people, in places where they know citizens are generally not armed.

Crazies are afraid to try this in, say, Texas, where some of the law-abiding citizens just might fight back.

No doubt we'll hear more calls from Obama and the left for gun control and registries.

It has always amazed me that some segments of our society are simply unable to grasp,

the simple fact that, criminals and crazies do not register their firearms.

I'll spare you my underwhelming opinion of lefties, at this tragic time.

shayman
12-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Criminals and crazies prey on defenseless people, in places where they know citizens are generally not armed.
Crazies are afraid to try this in, say, Texas, where some of the law-abiding citizens just might fight back.

From a list of mass shootings in Texas -

1. Oct. 16, 1991: A deadly shooting rampage took place in Killeen, Texas, as George Hennard opened fire at a Luby’s Cafeteria, killing 23 people before taking his own life. 20 others were wounded in the attack.

2 .Aug. 1, 1966: Charles Whitman opened fire from the clock tower at the University of Texas at Austin, killing 16 people and wounding 31.

3. Nov. 5, 2009: Thirteen soldiers and civilians were killed and more than two dozen wounded when a gunman walked into the Soldier Readiness Processing Center at Fort Hood, Texas, and opened fire. Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Hasan is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.

4. Sept. 15, 1999: Seven people were killed and seven others injured when a gunman opened fire inside a crowded chapel at Fort Worth’s Wedgewood Baptist Church. Some worshipers believed that Larry Gene Ashbrook was pulling a prank and continued singing after the shooting began. The murderer killed himself.

294life
12-15-2012, 03:00 PM
a family member told police he had a form of autism. likely asperger's like myself.

guns and autism are a bad mix which is why i never keep any

1argoholic
12-15-2012, 06:27 PM
It's the fact that there are so many guns in the states. Last night someone on CNN said 300 million guns. I didn't just pull that number out of the air. Look at this killers mom, she owned those guns.
I know for a fact that if we had guns in our house when I was a young teen I would have shot the place up. I was an only child and we dealt with my dads alcoholism for years before he quit. My mom used to deal with her frustration by losing it and yelling. It was hell at times. I can recall saying, if there was a gun in this house we'd all be dead. Thankfully everything ended up ok.

Just did a google search and the numbers of guns in the US is unreal. Some say 270 million. Another site said between the general public and law inforcement it's works out to one gun per US citizen. Holy ! They'll never clean up their act.
It's this right to bare arms and how easy it is too load up with serious fire power down south.

294life
12-15-2012, 10:56 PM
It's a very extreme case but this kid had to have a TON of rage to pull something this heavy.

1argoholic
12-16-2012, 01:34 AM
It's more than rage. He needed help. Right to bare arms but no right to medical coverage. This guy needed someone to talk to years in advance to this. To slaughter 6 year olds? Unreal, but no threat to him. Very easy knowing he was going to off himself. Hopefully this was the final act like this to get some government action on gun controls.

Mulder
12-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Very sad.

What I've found interesting in the aftermath about this one is more people are talking about mental heath and how with universal health care this could have been prevented, than about gun control and banning weapons.

294life
12-16-2012, 08:26 AM
It's more than rage. He needed help. Right to bare arms but no right to medical coverage. This guy needed someone to talk to years in advance to this. To slaughter 6 year olds? Unreal, but no threat to him. Very easy knowing he was going to off himself. Hopefully this was the final act like this to get some government action on gun controls.

Very well said.

I know a Lions fan in Alabama where guns are the norm who is passionate about guns but would never pull something like this. Responsible gun owners get a bad rap because of crap like this.

Midnight Blue
12-16-2012, 09:41 AM
From a list of mass shootings in Texas -

1. Oct. 16, 1991: A deadly shooting rampage took place in Killeen, Texas, as George Hennard opened fire at a Luby’s Cafeteria, killing 23 people before taking his own life. 20 others were wounded in the attack.

2 .Aug. 1, 1966: Charles Whitman opened fire from the clock tower at the University of Texas at Austin, killing 16 people and wounding 31.

3. Nov. 5, 2009: Thirteen soldiers and civilians were killed and more than two dozen wounded when a gunman walked into the Soldier Readiness Processing Center at Fort Hood, Texas, and opened fire. Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Hasan is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder.

4. Sept. 15, 1999: Seven people were killed and seven others injured when a gunman opened fire inside a crowded chapel at Fort Worth’s Wedgewood Baptist Church. Some worshipers believed that Larry Gene Ashbrook was pulling a prank and continued singing after the shooting began. The murderer killed himself.

I'm aware that mass killings have taken place in Texas, and no doubt in other Southern States, but the point is that at least down there, a shooter/murderer has a chance of being taken down. In fact that is what happened to the former Army Psychiatrist, former Major, Nidal Hasan, who was wounded, if I recall correctly. As for the guy in the clocktower, only a bazooka would have taken him out. So that leaves the cafeteria shooting in 1991, and the church shooting in 1999. Well, even in Texas, not every citizen is armed. But compared to the rest of killings history, Texas seems relatively safe. I'm working this weekend (luckily a rarity) so I don't have much time for internet research, but I have read many times in fact, that killings and gun crimes have gone down, in States where law-abiding citizens have been granted the right to carry arms. It makes criminals think twice, knowing their victims may shoot back.

Now, having said all that, it is easy for anyone to walk into a store in the States, and buy a gun. It is in their Constitution. But I would argue, that even here in Toronto, any criminal/gang-banger can probably purchase a hand-gun on the street for $500, probably less. I'm sure that's the case in the States too, no matter how many gun laws, registries, "gun-free zones", the politicians can come up with. Papering-over the problem with registries, is just that --- papering over. It allows politicians to give the appearance, the impression, that they are doing something about the problem, when all they are doing is dis-arming the citizenry, much to the delight of the criminals.
Also, I like the fact that one needs a license to purchase and own firearms in Canada (this has been the case for a long time), but again, criminals and other crazies don't take out licences, nor do they register their firearms.

We are lucky in Canada, that mass shootings don't take place as often, but then again, we have a smaller population than the States, so therefore a lesser percentage of crazies per general population.

And finally, I've read many times that situations in the States where a shooter pulls out a gun and maybe kills one or two, before being taken out by a law-abiding armed citizen, generally go unreported. Such scenarios do not generate headlines, nor do they fit in with the over-whelmingly left-wing media agenda, in the States and Canada.

Perhaps some retired members on this forum, might have time to dig into this research further, if they want to.

My condolences go out, to the families and friends, of those killed.

It's the fact that there are so many guns in the states. Last night someone on CNN said 300 million guns. I didn't just pull that number out of the air. Look at this killers mom, she owned those guns.
I know for a fact that if we had guns in our house when I was a young teen I would have shot the place up. I was an only child and we dealt with my dads alcoholism for years before he quit. My mom used to deal with her frustration by losing it and yelling. It was hell at times. I can recall saying, if there was a gun in this house we'd all be dead. Thankfully everything ended up ok.

Just did a google search and the numbers of guns in the US is unreal. Some say 270 million. Another site said between the general public and law inforcement it's works out to one gun per US citizen. Holy ! They'll never clean up their act.
It's this right to bare arms and how easy it is too load up with serious fire power down south.

Sorry about your childhood, but whether there are laws for it or not (there are, here in Canada), guns should always be locked up at home, or at least be kept out of the reach of children, and young youths.

Glad you made it through though, man.

shayman
12-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Michael Moore on Twitter: "If only the first victim, Adam Lanza's mother, had been a gun owner, she could have stopped this before it started."

294life
12-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Michael Moore on Twitter: "If only the first victim, Adam Lanza's mother, had been a gun owner, she could have stopped this before it started."

there are many ways this could have been avoided. unfortunately, as always, everyone in this story is deaf,dumb and blind to the truth.

shayman
12-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Moore's comment is meant ironically, of course.
Apparently Adam Lanza's mother actually supplied the guns.

1argoholic
12-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Yah it was the mother who owned those guns. It basically come down to way too many guns in the US. Those guns bought on the streets of Canada by gangbangers come from the States. It only takes one mentally ill person per day, week or month in the States to cause these horrific incidents. When does something click that too many guns are given away way to easily.

I for one have just applied for my first passport ever. I have very little interest in heading tothe States. I watch plenty of US based police and jail based US reality shows. The First 48 happens to be my favorite based on real homicide detectives solving real murder cases. These shows make you think twice about that crazy country to the south. You's better mind your p's anf q's while traveling there because it only takes one nutter with a gun to cross your path. Seems like way too many guns under peoples shirts in the Good Old US or A.

294life
12-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Moore's comment is meant ironically, of course.
Apparently Adam Lanza's mother actually supplied the guns.

Same story as Kimveer Gill's (2006 dawson college shooter) mom accepting that he had all those guns in the house. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he didn't have asperger's too. When an autistic person starts getting too much into guns the results become predictable. best to stick to sports like me.

I don't have autism, I have argonautism. way healthier. aaaarrrrgoooooos.

T-Bone
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
When tragic events like this happen the media starts the hype machine and people tend to react more often than not with emotion before fact, which is understandable. No matter which side of the fence you are on about gun control I think the majority agree that this was a horrible event and are angered by it. However once emotions settle we need to step back and start looking in to facts before making sweeping generalized statements. Gun control and crime is a complex issue and there is no clear cut answer to all the problems.

Perhaps some retired members on this forum, might have time to dig into this research further, if they want to.
You don't have to be retired to take a few minutes out of your day and use Google (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Firearms+crime+in+states+with+concealed+permits ) to do some quick research.

If you start reading the many articles in the Google search above you will see that the current consensus is more research is needed to come up with a more accurate answer to whether places with concealed firearm permits have more or less firearm related crimes. Current stats show neither an increase nor a decrease.

No doubt we'll hear more calls from Obama and the left for gun control and registries.

It has always amazed me that some segments of our society are simply unable to grasp,

the simple fact that, criminals and crazies do not register their firearms.
Registries are only one form of firearm control and I agree with you that they do not work for the very reason you have stated. Criminals are not going to register illegally obtained firearms. That leaves legal firearm owners to register their weapons and the majority of them do not cause problems. That is one of the reasons that the Canadian goverment dismanteled the long-gun registry (http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/12/11/gary-mauser-why-the-long-gun-registry-doesnt-work-and-never-did/).

Yah it was the mother who owned those guns. It basically come down to way too many guns in the US. Those guns bought on the streets of Canada by gangbangers come from the States. It only takes one mentally ill person per day, week or month in the States to cause these horrific incidents. When does something click that too many guns are given away way to easily.
Luckily these types of mass murder shootings are rare. There are studies that show on a global scale that countries with stricter firearm control laws have less firearm related problems however like I said earlier there is not a clear cut answer to firearm control. Here is an article (http://boingboing.net/2012/12/14/what-science-says-about-gun-co.html) that I think does a good job of being objective.

I for one have just applied for my first passport ever. I have very little interest in heading tothe States. I watch plenty of US based police and jail based US reality shows. The First 48 happens to be my favorite based on real homicide detectives solving real murder cases. These shows make you think twice about that crazy country to the south. You's better mind your p's anf q's while traveling there because it only takes one nutter with a gun to cross your path. Seems like way too many guns under peoples shirts in the Good Old US or A.
Fear mongering is not the answer to this problem, if you don't want to travel to the US that is your choice. Not once have I ever felt unsafe in my travels to the US and I've been to NYC, Chicago, Vegas, LA, Columbus, Indianapolis, etc. I'm not afraid because I'm not involved in criminal activity. How often is a murder that is being investigated on the "First 48" a completely random victim? Murder is a personal crime the majority of the time and the perpetrator is usually known to the victim. People don't usually kill people for no reason and that is why events like these mass shootings get so much attention and are so shocking. Anyway I encourge people to more research on the subject and you maybe surprised at what you find.

Midnight Blue
12-17-2012, 02:40 PM
When tragic events like this happen the media starts the hype machine and people tend to react more often than not with emotion before fact, which is understandable. No matter which side of the fence you are on about gun control I think the majority agree that this was a horrible event and are angered by it. However once emotions settle we need to step back and start looking in to facts before making sweeping generalized statements. Gun control and crime is a complex issue and there is no clear cut answer to all the problems.

You don't have to be retired to take a few minutes out of your day and use Google (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Firearms+crime+in+states+with+concealed+permits ) to do some quick research.

If you start reading the many articles in the Google search above you will see that the current consensus is more research is needed to come up with a more accurate answer to whether places with concealed firearm permits have more or less firearm related crimes. Current stats show neither an increase nor a decrease.

Registries are only one form of firearm control and I agree with you that they do not work for the very reason you have stated. Criminals are not going to register illegally obtained firearms. That leaves legal firearm owners to register their weapons and the majority of them do not cause problems. That is one of the reasons that the Canadian goverment dismanteled the long-gun registry (http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/12/11/gary-mauser-why-the-long-gun-registry-doesnt-work-and-never-did/).

Luckily these types of mass murder shootings are rare. There are studies that show on a global scale that countries with stricter firearm control laws have less firearm related problems however like I said earlier there is not a clear cut answer to firearm control. Here is an article (http://boingboing.net/2012/12/14/what-science-says-about-gun-co.html) that I think does a good job of being objective.

Fear mongering is not the answer to this problem, if you don't want to travel to the US that is your choice. Not once have I ever felt unsafe in my travels to the US and I've been to NYC, Chicago, Vegas, LA, Columbus, Indianapolis, etc. I'm not afraid because I'm not involved in criminal activity. How often is a murder that is being investigated on the "First 48" a completely random victim? Murder is a personal crime the majority of the time and the perpetrator is usually known to the victim. People don't usually kill people for no reason and that is why events like these mass shootings get so much attention and are so shocking. Anyway I encourge people to more research on the subject and you maybe surprised at what you find.

A very fair, very balanced, and very reasoned perspective, you have offered.

By the way, I would respectfully suggest, that it takes more than "a few minutes", to do proper research.

And "Google" (or Gaggle, as some of us call it) is not a reliable source for balanced views.

Gaggle is a company with an agenda, which is fine. All companies have agendas.

Gaggle tends to bury important stories that do not fit in with their views, several if not a dozen pages down the list.

But here is what has pissed a lot of us off:

Until a few years ago, Gaggle did not see fit to honour Remembrance Day in Canada, nor Veterans Day in The States. Sure, many obscure holidays and births of unknown people were awarded a special Gaggle commemoration, but apparently honouring Soldiers was not acceptable to them.

Readers can draw their own conclusions, as to Gaggle's political side of the spectrum.

Oh and it was only public pressure, and the shame heaped upon their company, that made Gaggle relent and begin to commemorate Remembrance/Veterans Day. No doubt for them, it then seemed like the politically correct thing to do.

T-Bone
12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
By the way, I would respectfully suggest, that it takes more than "a few minutes", to do proper research.

And "Google" (or Gaggle, as some of us call it) is not a reliable source for balanced views.

Gaggle tends to bury important stories that do not fit in with their views, several if not a dozen pages down the list.
Fair enough but look at the articles in that search for an hour or so, there is a lot of information there. You can find lots of articles for varying viewpoints on Google. This isn't the first time I've looked in to firearm related violence. I did a project on it for a police foundations course I took a few years ago.

Midnight Blue
12-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Fair enough but look at the articles in that search for an hour or so, there is a lot of information there. You can find lots of articles for varying viewpoints on Google. This isn't the first time I've looked in to firearm related violence. I did a project on it for a police foundations course I took a few years ago.

I'm sure that on the internet, as in political polling, and in real life, anyone can find any answers that fit in with their pre-conceived agendas.

But I meant it when I said that you presented a very fair, very balanced, and very reasoned perspective, in your other post above.

shayman
12-17-2012, 04:18 PM

No doubt you have evidence you will share with us of this odd claim.

Midnight Blue
12-17-2012, 05:23 PM
No doubt you have evidence you will share with us of this odd claim.

These claims are self-evident, or at least they were several years ago. Who knows how much internet evidence has been "cleaned up".

Most people just "Google". Man-made global warming claims are given full play, whereas evidence that the warming is natural are given down page status. Attacks on Republicans are given front page, whereas negative things about Obama are hidden deep down. I don't have the time nor the interest to spend my free time digging for such well-known examples for you, nor do I have any intention to waste my time trying to convince you. I have found it to be a waste of time, trying to argue with lefties. A long time ago. I invite people to do their own research, and to draw their own conclusions.

So if you don't believe me, I find it preferable that you waste your time, doing the research, instead of me wasting mine.

We Conservatives are efficient, at protecting our free time, at keeping our (and your) taxes low, and at preserving respect for our Military.

Now, go take a flying ... er, I mean, have a nice day!

[Insert emoticon smile here.]

Cheers !

By the way, it pains me to have a disagreement with a member (perhaps the leader/conductor) of The Argonotes.

I really hope I don't end up stuffed inside a Tuba, going over Niagara Falls, for instance.

Whatever. We Kozaks don't care. We'll probably invent new schnorkel gear.

Ka 'Pla !

shayman
12-17-2012, 05:37 PM
By the way, it pains me to have a disagreement with a member (perhaps the leader/conductor) of The Argonotes.

Ka 'Pla !

It's OK - I'm used to it! People in the band disagree with the leader all the time, usually over minor issues like "what piece is it we are supposed to be playing" or "how fast does it go".

Midnight Blue
12-17-2012, 05:51 PM
It's OK - I'm used to it! People in the band disagree with the leader all the time, usually over minor issues like "what piece is it we are supposed to be playing" or "how fast does it go".

I had the same problem with the casual twins, before I met my latest cool Girlfriend.

If I may be so bold, I would suggest that you take full and utter control, and brook no contradiction, Sir.

Cheers !

(By the way, I played a one-valve horn in the RCAF Cadets, and a full trumpet in Grade 9 in High School. Now, I'm just into Kick-Ass Rock, and half-time Bands.)

Ka 'Pla !

1argoholic
12-18-2012, 12:38 AM
In Sacramento we heard guns going off during the day while walking around which was a shocker. We went down to watch the Argos lose the same night Joe Carter hit his World Series winning homerun. Also a police officer on bike patrol told us to stay away from the area where we were talking to him at night. At night some fools were tossing pipe bombs on bums. I'll never forget those exact words. For those that don't think the US is more violent I'm not sure what you consider violent. I've never heard more sirens than in Sacramento. In Baltimore on another Argo trip, this time a bus trip we saw some eye openers. The big old highschool right across from Menorial Stadium was all borded up and just shut down because it was so messed up with violence is what we were told. Lori Bursey had met some folks that she was in touch with for years that had become Stallion fans and he would never head into downtown Baltimore without a gun because it was so violent. People travelling to the US have to have their wits about them because it isn't Canada.

T-Bone
12-18-2012, 08:31 AM
So if you don't believe me, I find it preferable that you waste your time, doing the research, instead of me wasting mine.
I just want to point out that you made the claim so the burden of proof (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof) falls to you to prove it, not anyone else. If you don't want to provide proof that is your choice but it only weakens your position.

For those that don't think the US is more violent I'm not sure what you consider violent.
I don't believe anyone said the US doesn't suffer from more violent crime than Canada. However there are far more dangerous places to travel in the world than the US and people do with out incident.

People travelling to the US have to have their wits about them because it isn't Canada.
People travelling anywhere even with in Canada should have their wits about them, that's part of being a smart tourist. Any place you go is going to have safer areas and more dangerous areas and as a tourist it is your responsibility to read up on where you are travelling. If you are smart about things when you travel chances are you're not going to have issues. I wouldn't walk threw Central Park at midnight nor would I walk threw Jane and Finch. Also if you look at crime statistics for both the US and Canada they were more dangerous in the 70's and 80's than they are today.

Ron
12-18-2012, 03:30 PM
I have a couple of neighbors that are cops. They tell me that Canadians would shit themselves if they knew how many guns were out there in our "gun free" country.

1argoholic
12-18-2012, 03:40 PM
No doubt there are plenty of specially illegal guns on our streets. We've all seen what happens in gang wars in TO or Vancouver.

argonaut11xx
12-18-2012, 06:17 PM
i agree...The Strictest possible GUN CONTROL laws are nessessary, and maybe Flouride in the water systems to turn the populace into sheep..just like they did in 1930 Germany, um...er...or is it the Canada of today?

Unfortunate events happen, unfortunately...gun control laws do NOT apply to criminals, nor do they stop mentally ill people from going on a rampage (see the greyhound bus beheading in winnipeg)

If someone SNAPS, they use whatever is at their disposal...and the criminal element...well see what Ron said above...

The situation in CT is very sad, God Bless all those family's

Will
12-18-2012, 08:24 PM
No doubt there are plenty of specially illegal guns on our streets. We've all seen what happens in gang wars in TO or Vancouver.

TO or Vancouver? What about Montreal, ever since Don Vito got out there have been numerous shootings.

argonaut11xx
12-18-2012, 08:41 PM

What a STUPID insensitive comment by a man who staged many of his phoney so-called documentaries...this is not a time for Moores left wing spin, its a time for prayer, and heeling.

Micheal Moore would be eating his corn-on-the-cob, with no F*cking teeth if i got ahold of him after this stupid insensitive comment

1argoholic
12-18-2012, 09:24 PM
I didn't include Montreal because when old school mob hits are done they hit who they wanted to hit. They don't spray a whole school yard with bullets. Too many guns and too many mellon heads in the US plain and simple.

Midnight Blue
12-19-2012, 06:33 PM
I just want to point out that you made the claim so the burden of proof (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_burden_of_proof) falls to you to prove it, not anyone else. If you don't want to provide proof that is your choice but it only weakens your position.

The first part of my proof is below, in bolded lettering:

But here is what has pissed a lot of us off:

Until a few years ago, Gaggle did not see fit to honour Remembrance Day in Canada, nor Veterans Day in The States. Sure, many obscure holidays and births of unknown people were awarded a special Gaggle commemoration, but apparently honouring Soldiers was not acceptable to them.

Readers can draw their own conclusions, as to Gaggle's political side of the spectrum.

Oh and it was only public pressure, and the shame heaped upon their company, that made Gaggle relent and begin to commemorate Remembrance/Veterans Day. No doubt for them, it then seemed like the politically correct thing to do.

I have the links to further proof on my computer, and will dig them up, if the links haven't disappeared from the internet. I work for a living, and I also have a social life, so you may have to wait a bit until I find them. But this is a well-known phenomenon for Gaggle; they've been caught at it many times. I also don't have to prove that the Earth is round, so any attempts to bury me in research will prove futile. The above bolded, should at least convince some out there, that Gaggle follows a left-wing agenda.

Midnight Blue
12-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Here are a couple of "Gaggle" examples --- I've seen several more, and will try to find them:

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331106,00.html

Link: http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/06/google-shuts-do.html

Any readers out there interested, can research this for themselves. I suggest you use Yahoo, or some other non-Gaggle search engine, to do an internet search.

Cheers !

294life
12-19-2012, 09:56 PM
What a STUPID insensitive comment by a man who staged many of his phoney so-called documentaries...this is not a time for Moores left wing spin, its a time for prayer, and heeling.

Micheal Moore would be eating his corn-on-the-cob, with no F*cking teeth if i got ahold of him after this stupid insensitive comment

Couldn't have said it better.

294life
12-19-2012, 09:58 PM
I didn't include Montreal because when old school mob hits are done they hit who they wanted to hit. They don't spray a whole school yard with bullets. Too many guns and too many mellon heads in the US plain and simple.

not even the hells angels would pull something like this.

Looks like this story is pretty much wrapped up. autism seems to be left aside as this is an isolated case with the focus being more on better gun control. just hope this doesn't happen again. bad for the autism community's image.

shayman
12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I appreciate you digging up the links but those hardly count as proof that Google has a political agenda.

I'd see them as proof that Google's PageRank algorithm - which Google is constantly tweaking to fight off spammers and search-engine-optimization cheaters who want their stuff to appear first - is complicated, constantly evolving, and sometimes will deliberately not index low-quality sources or exclude non-news-sites from the 'news' index. People actually do set up networks of blogs that contribute nothing new other than all mutually linking to each other, all to pollute Google's indexes which (among other things) rate web sites by how many sites link to them. If you can get your site to rank unusually high in a Google search, you'll make more money off of ads. It's tough to build a quality index and fight off people gaming the system at the same time.

Midnight Blue
12-19-2012, 10:57 PM
I appreciate you digging up the links but those hardly count as proof that Google has a political agenda.

I'd see them as proof that Google's PageRank algorithm - which Google is constantly tweaking to fight off spammers and search-engine-optimization cheaters who want their stuff to appear first - is complicated, constantly evolving, and sometimes will deliberately not index low-quality sources or exclude non-news-sites from the 'news' index. People actually do set up networks of blogs that contribute nothing new other than all mutually linking to each other, all to pollute Google's indexes which (among other things) rate web sites by how many sites link to them. If you can get your site to rank unusually high in a Google search, you'll make more money off of ads. It's tough to build a quality index and fight off people gaming the system at the same time.

I'd say that eliminating Anti-Obama sites constututes a political agenda. Not to mention the disrespect for Soldiers, or the banishing of the critic of the UN. But people are free to believe what they want to.

Midnight Blue
12-19-2012, 11:01 PM
I'd say that eliminating Anti-Obama sites constututes a political agenda. Not to mention the disrespect for Soldiers, or the banishing of the critic of the UN. But people are free to believe what they want to.

Should read : constitutes.

1argoholic
12-20-2012, 02:08 PM
I'll say I'm glad I'm Canadian and I'm glad I'm free, I wish I was a dog and Harper was a tree. That classic started way back in the Trudeau era.
I've mentioned my theory as to who gets into politics on here before. They are the dorks who got the crapped kicked out of them in school and now they come back to torcher the rest of the population as adults.

shayman
12-20-2012, 02:51 PM
A Google search for "CFL" returns 37,900,000 matches.
A Google search for "NFL" returns 367,000,000 matches.

Proof of Google's anti-CFL agenda!
:-)

294life
12-20-2012, 04:28 PM
I'll say I'm glad I'm Canadian and I'm glad I'm free, I wish I was a dog and Harper was a tree. That classic started way back in the Trudeau era.
I've mentioned my theory as to who gets into politics on here before. They are the dorks who got the crapped kicked out of them in school and now they come back to torcher the rest of the population as adults.

seems like that theory should become law.

Rids
12-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Very sad.

What I've found interesting in the aftermath about this one is more people are talking about mental heath and how with universal health care this could have been prevented, than about gun control and banning weapons.

Universal health care can't help those that don't believe there is an issue. There are a lot of issues at hand here and many were undiagnosed that should've been caught much earlier in school.

There should be more rules on gun control but they should be in respects to proper storage. However the likelihood to enforce these rules in a proactive sense makes it fairly impractical. Really you wouldn't know they were improperly stored until there was an issue and then you're just piling on. The current gun control laws don't work in either country. The city of Chicago is technically a "gun free" area and yet 10 people were shot there Friday night by a trio of individuals driving around the city's downtown.

In this particular issue the gun laws actually worked. Adam Lanza had tried to purchase both weapons and ammo through a couple of retail outlets and been declined. So instead he did it the way most lawless individuals would, he took weapons that had been purchased legally and used them both against the owner and others.

In the end you don't stop criminals with laws, you stop them with the enforcement of the laws. Save money from paying politicians and hire more police officers.

294life
12-21-2012, 02:14 AM
Ironic that an autistic killed another. for anyone wishing to help.

http://www.dougflutiejrfoundation.org/Donate-Joeys-Fund.asp

I've donated my 28.27$

Midnight Blue
12-21-2012, 03:10 AM

Respectfully, 1argoholic, it was you, who brought up politics in two recent threads, to which I felt inclined to respond.

The first one was just after the US Election in November, where after you praised Obama's win, you went on to crap on right-wingers.

And even though all of us right-wingers do not share the same beliefs, I decided to respond.

On this above recent thread, I decided to respond again, after you suggested that right-to-carry arms laws, were at least partially if not probably, responsible for this latest tragedy.

Personally, I have no interest in changing people's opinions, because generally it is a waste of time. And I do value my time.

I will though, make clear that not all of us on this site, share the same political views.

I am happy to leave it at that.

If you, or anyone else decides, that their way of thinking is not to be construed as the predominate, prevailing, opinion on this forum, then I, will not have to contravene, to suggest that at least 3 to 5% of us on this forum, are proud Conservatives. And Libertarians. We are right-wingers, and we will drink you under the table, because, we have had a lot of experience at drinking.

Perhaps if no one starts political rants, no one will have to intervene.

Cheers !

And, Ka 'Pla !

argolio
12-21-2012, 02:00 PM
WTH was the NRA thinking with that press conference? Even Republicans are now trashing them.

They should have kept their mouths shut and let things blow over.

T-Bone
12-21-2012, 02:03 PM
WTH was the NRA thinking with that press conference? Even Republicans are now trashing them.

They should have kept their mouths shut and let things blow over.
I'm glad they didn't. People are finally starting to see the foolishness of their logic.

Ron
12-21-2012, 10:41 PM
They did make a very good point about how much armed security we are surrounded by every day.

Will
12-21-2012, 10:52 PM
They did make a very good point about how much armed security we are surrounded by every day.

I was in a Barnes & Noble yesterday in Boca Raton with an armed security guard!

T-Bone
12-21-2012, 11:01 PM
No where near the amount as in US and it's not necessarily a good thing to have armed guards everywhere (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245074/Walmart-security-guard-shoots-shoplifting-mother-dead-parking-lot-tries-escape-young-children.html).

Wobbler
12-22-2012, 12:19 AM
The current gun control laws don't work in either country.
I'm curious about this. What do you mean by "don't work", and is the definition of effective firearm legislation the same for both countries?

294life
12-22-2012, 11:13 AM
No where near the amount as in US and it's not necessarily a good thing to have armed guards everywhere (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245074/Walmart-security-guard-shoots-shoplifting-mother-dead-parking-lot-tries-escape-young-children.html).

for 1argoholic's own safety, i agree. :D

7dj83r8f78t4alf8