PDA

View Full Version : The MOST delicious Rye Whisky..??...

argonaut11xx
12-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Im currently finishing up my Grey Cup bottle of Gibsons...and its very tasty

That said, as i stare into my liquour cabinet, i am unsure which FLAVOR to open next..??...??

I have a bottle of Crown Royal Black, which i havent tasted yet, but the what to do, Weisers, Canadian Club, regular Crown, so many to pick from, and only 1 battle hardend liver to destroy

Sometimes the choices in life are tough...but as i write this, i settle on 40 Creek, ...which IMO is the yummiest.

With my hunny Lil Bec working til 1am, i do applogize in advance for my posts as his evening rolls forward....

hehe

argonaut11xx
12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
(why am i singing Neil Diamond songs to my dog?)

1argoholic
12-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Haven't been a rye drinker for a few years now but at Grey Cup in Calgary at the Argo Bash the new Weisers at the time kicked. It was spiced or something. Drank a bunch.

I'm a Moskovskaya Vodka guy and good beer. Friday the Craig St Brewery in Duncan will be serving me plenty of Shawnigan Lake Red Ale and Mount Prevost Porter. Nice to have a beer named after the mountain right next to us.

Rids
12-21-2012, 12:39 AM
If you ever make it down to Tennessee visit Lynchburg and tour the Jack Daniels distillery (pay the $10 for the tasting tour!). Made and bottled in a dry county!

Midnight Blue
12-21-2012, 04:06 AM
If you ever make it down to Tennessee visit Lynchburg and tour the Jack Daniels distillery (pay the $10 for the tasting tour!). Made and bottled in a dry county!

Have loved Tennessee Sour Mash for many, many years.

And Bourbon too !

Recently've been drinking Jim Beam's The Devils Cut.

The Devil sitting on my right shoulder says "Go for it!"

The Angel sitting on my other shoulder says "Yeah, ok. Why not. Never had better fun than with the Devil."

matthew
01-02-2013, 11:14 AM
My closet is bursting with ryes right now. Now that I have enjoyed my gibsons, I am on to still waters products now. They are a local distillery just north of the city.
http://www.stillwatersdistillery.com/

Very gracious owners there I might add and they also make a stunning single malt vodka from Canadian-sourced barley. They have a single malt rye whisky coming that i tasted from the almost ready to be bottled casks and its keeping me up at nights with bottles of it dancing like sugarplums in my head. Its gonna be a big hit.

CR Black is also good but comes on a little too strong for my tastes. Alberta Springs are always good pick ups and are very very good for their price. I am not a fan of cream drinks by and large but 40 Creek Cream is a wonderful way to warm up a cold winter's evening. I have gone through two bottles of that so far this year. Three if you count the bottle that was drained very quickly at my East Final party this year!!

if you want a good website for reviews of Canadian stuff: www.canadianwhisky.org (http://www.canadianwhisky.org)

1argoholic
01-02-2013, 02:11 PM
princeedwarddistillery.com in PEI has some great product. Visited my buddy and his wife two summers ago and brought a bottle of potato vodka home. yum.

Another distillery in those parts is Myriad and I still have a bottle of their 70% Straight Lightning. Lets just say HOOOLY CRAAAP!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8