PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Argo fans everywhere......

argonaut11xx
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
With less than a week before Christmas, i just want to wish all the folks on this forum, a VERY safe, and VERY Merry Christmas....

No matter your faith, please enjoy this season....its about family, friends, forgiving, love.....any so many other positive things

As a Christian, i wish everyone all the best....and please enjoy the day....for what it is to you.

(as for new years....thats "rookie's nite out"...be safe)

D & Lil Bec

1argoholic
12-20-2012, 06:51 PM
As an atheist I say GO .... Christmas. haha. Just kidding! I am an atheist but I do the normal Christmas type stuff just with no belief in the god aspect. It's a time to show the people I care about that I do care. My wife suggested that we celebrate Winter Solstice which seems fitting in these dull, rainy short days on Vancouver Island. Sounds a little to granola eating, hippy dippy for me though.

Have a great Christmas as Grey Cup Champions everyone.

ArgoGabe22
12-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone as well. Pretty sure saying Merry Christmas is banned these days in the workplace like in retail, happy holidays is the correct term lol

argonaut11xx
12-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Hey Gabe...the best to you and your family....and did you really think i'd start being politially correct ...haha....

Enjoy the holidays,.....(did i just say that...)

294life
12-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone as well. Pretty sure saying Merry Christmas is banned these days in the workplace like in retail, happy holidays is the correct term lol

Depends where you work i guess. some places say the opposite. either way....um.....happy drinkin' everyone.

ArgoGabe22
12-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Guys I was only joking but we did get a statement in work from someone higher up in the company saying we must say "Happy Holidays to customers because Merry Christmas is offensive" and I only work in a fast food restaurant.

matchuk
12-20-2012, 10:06 PM

i work for the ontario government....merry christmas is a no no.....people complained about the kids "christmas" party at work, because it was called christmas party and not holiday party...they actually had to re-type all the postings....its a joke

1argoholic
12-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Ok it's getting just a wee bit stupid. I may not be religious but I'm going to start saying Merry Christmas just to get under peoples skin. I'm pretty sure if we were to move to other countries they would bend over backwards for our Canadian traditions. My point about religion exactly. Shouldn't people of faith, no matter that faith respect others and their faith. hahaha. Religion has caused more problems in the world than good that's for sure. All a farce!

Midnight Blue
12-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Ok it's getting just a wee bit stupid. I may not be religious but I'm going to start saying Merry Christmas just to get under peoples skin. I'm pretty sure if we were to move to other countries they would bend over backwards for our Canadian traditions. My point about religion exactly. Shouldn't people of faith, no matter that faith respect others and their faith. hahaha. Religion has caused more problems in the world than good that's for sure. All a farce!

I agree completely. Although I am not religous either, I have always felt that there is some kind of spiritual thing that binds us all together. Mind you, there are a lot of freaks out there who call themselves "spiritual", so I cannot embrace that term entirely, due to their freakiness, though spirituality best describes my beliefs. But I make a point of saying Merry Christmas, and have been surprised to find, that 95% of people to whom I've said Merry Christmas to, have generally all answered "same to you". It's almost as if they are afraid to say Merry Christmas. Whatever.

Merry Christmas to all, and best wishes for a happy New Year !

And, as the Klingons might say, at every opportune moment,

Ka 'Pla !

argomANIA
12-21-2012, 08:50 AM
I work part time at a hockey rink as well as full time at a bank. I made a point of saying Merry Christmas to everyone leaving the rink all night and not one person got offended. I did have two respond with Happy Holidays. Which is all good. I'm also not religious at all, but it's always been Christmas to me, not Holiday. So I say Merry Christmas. Luckily my work hasn't yet told us not to say it.

Merry Christmas to all of you! Wishing you and your families a safe and happy New Year

I feel like I already got my gift....a drink from a shiny Grey Cup!

Will
12-21-2012, 09:04 AM
Driving down the road in Deerfield Beach, FL yesterday and there were banners on the street lights, one which said Happy Hanukkah (which makes sense because S. Fla has a lot of Jewish people) and one that said Happy Holidays. My mother remarked why they could say Happy Hanukkah but not Merry Christmas.

T-Bone
12-21-2012, 10:19 AM
I have always felt that there is some kind of spiritual thing that binds us all together.
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2011/246/4/b/aurebesh_by_eugoldlareg-d48slhk.jpg

or if you prefer:
http://static.zoovy.com/img/gkworld/W135-H135-Bffffff/M/maytheforcestickerkjafkbbvsd.jpg

Shouldn't people of faith, no matter that faith respect others and their faith.

I'm going to start saying Merry Christmas just to get under peoples skin.

So, you're saying people of faith should respect others. Aren't these two statements together then hypocritical or do atheists not have to respect others? Isn't the whole point of saying Happy Holidays to include everyone religious or not? I'm an atheist and I prefer to say Happy Holidays for the very reason that it can apply to everyone. I'm not going to be offended if someone says Marry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Chanukah, etc. to me but everyone is different. I love the Christian defense of saying Marry Christmas because "Christ is the reason for Christmas and don't forget the reason for the season." Meanwhile Christian's adopted an already existing Pagan tradition way back when to celebrate the birth of Christ that the majority of religious historians agree did not occur on December 25th. Why this stupid debate comes up every year, I don't know. There are far more important things to worry about in the world then this. Anyway, everyone have a safe and Happy Holiday season and here's to the world not ending!

1argoholic
12-21-2012, 10:46 AM
If it offends people so much, I'm in to stirring the pot. You should all know that about me by now. All done in fun but difficult to show that over a computer. Plenty of smiles as I type most of the stuff I do on here. Besides religion is a joke to me.

argonaut11xx
12-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Only 2 more sleeps......

Then the world will celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ....on Christmas day......

And like i said at the begining of this thread, no matter your faith...everyone enjoys the Christmas season...my jewish pals...my sikh pals...and even my AGNOSTIC pals...(sorry you wanna be athiests...your actually agnostics).

"Im dreaming of a white Christmas"...should be changed to "Im dreaming of a DRY Christmas"...BC sucks.....

Lil Bec and i send all our love....enjoy the season...its all about good things....

lets not debate this one...lets just enjoy it.....as i will take off any holiday (even cinco demayo..hehe)...

actually, i take that back...CANT do ramidan...love food TOO MUCH...hehehe....

Will
12-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Happy Chinese Food and Movie Day!

T-Bone
12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
lets not debate this one...lets just enjoy it.....
I'm all for enjoying the holidays but if you're going to make statements like this:

sorry you wanna be athiests...your actually agnostics.
I'm going to ask you to please clarify.

gilthethrill
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm all for enjoying the holidays but if you're going to make statements like this:

Merry Christmas T-Bone and a Happy New New Year to you and your loved ones!

T-Bone
12-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Merry Christmas T-Bone and a Happy New New Year to you and your loved ones!And to you gilthethrill!

Scotty
12-24-2012, 10:25 PM

I can only imagine he is referring to the reality that most people who claim to be atheists generally have the two confused, however he could also be in everyone's heads and be determining peoples religions that way.

1argoholic
12-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Call me what you want but I don't believe in heaven, hell, god, the devil. Call that what you wish. However I like the cool aspect and use of the devil in rockabilly music and the like. I don't care who believes in what, to each his own. I was dragged to an Anglican Church as a young kid and it was never my cup of tea. Too far fetched for me.

294life
12-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Call me what you want but I don't believe in heaven, hell, god, the devil. Call that what you wish. However I like the cool aspect and use of the devil in rockabilly music and the like. I don't care who believes in what, to each his own. I was dragged to an Anglican Church as a young kid and it was never my cup of tea. Too far fetched for me.

I call that 'sane'.

Now to count down 2013.

T-Bone
12-27-2012, 08:09 AM
Call me what you want but I don't believe in heaven, hell, god, the devil. Call that what you wish. However I like the cool aspect and use of the devil in rockabilly music and the like. I don't care who believes in what, to each his own. I was dragged to an Anglican Church as a young kid and it was never my cup of tea. Too far fetched for me.You may not mind being called whatever but I personally don't like other people trying to tell me what I believe and that is what this statement implies:

That is why I have asked for clarification as to what this means.

ticatfan
12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
You may not mind being called whatever but I personally don't like other people trying to tell me what I believe and that is what this statement implies:

That is why I have asked for clarification as to what this means.

Here is dictionary.com....

An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.
An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine.

argonaut11xx
12-27-2012, 11:45 AM
T-Bone...chillout....

my comment was a friendly jab at 1-Argholic...thats all...and alot of times on this board the context of a comment is misinterpreted...

thats all....hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas Holiday, and has a safe and happy new years....

T-Bone
12-27-2012, 12:11 PM
T-Bone...chillout....
I am chill.

alot of times on this board the context of a comment is misinterpreted...
It can happen but this statement is pretty clear:

What is unclear, is why? Hence why I have asked you to clarify.

Mulder
12-27-2012, 12:28 PM
and alot of times on this board the context of a comment is misinterpreted...

Probably my favorite comment thus far.

I mean, how many times do I have be called names accused of being overzealous and abusing my "power" when all I did was remove a swear word and asked people to stop swearing? Not sure how my request gets misinterpreted, but it does.

1argoholic
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Oh why don't you all just shut the _ _ _ _ up. hahahahaha.

I don't sit around thinking about what my beliefs are called or are not called. I know what I don't believe. I love to joke about most things including religion even though I don't care what people believe in. I can get my mom going pretty good even though she's not over the top religious. I joke to her about holy rolling. haha.

T-Bone
12-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh why don't you all just shut the _ _ _ _ up. hahahahaha.

I don't sit around thinking about what my beliefs are called or are not called. I know what I don't believe. I love to joke about most things including religion even though I don't care what people believe in. I can get my mom going pretty good even though she's not over the top religious. I joke to her about holy rolling. haha.
"At the end of the day, it's our actions, not our beliefs that define who we are." Still I don't see why they can't be discussed. I've asked a simple question.

argonaut11xx
12-28-2012, 05:12 PM
i'll start a new thread AFTER the Christmas season T-Bone..."Agnostic v Athiest"

at that point we can argue debate, and have some fun with it (heck, you most likely with have 1-Argoholic, on YOUR side for a change)

but for me, the Christmas season is about love, friends, and family....quite honestly, i got no "fight in me" til after....

sorry for being so happy and peaceful, ...but i promise to come out, guns a blazing then...for now im enjoying the CHRIST in the Christmas season...thats all.

1argoholic
12-28-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm not on any side. I have my beliefs or lack of. I don't go around telling people what they should believe it's just not for me. My favorite aunt who we stayed with in Burlington for three nights after Grey Cup is heavily involved with her Anglican Church. It works for her but it doesn't mean I love her less. My mom is religious but not as much and doesn't hit church. Now her I like to get going. haha.

I still say Merry Christmas or Merry Christymas and my wife is named Christy.

argonaut11xx
12-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Merry Christymas and my wife is named Christy.

That is JUST AWESOME......

294life
12-29-2012, 11:48 AM
well christymas is over and done with. movin' on to chinese new year. year of the sssssssnake i believe.

T-Bone
12-30-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't go around telling people what they should believe it's just not for me.
I agree with you here to a certain extent. As I quoted earlier:

"At the end of the day, it's our actions, not our beliefs that define who we are."
Though true, many peoples actions are based on beliefs. For instance, the Creationist have been pushing to have their beliefs taught in schools in the US for quite some time now. Should we sit back and let them? Or should we stand up and tell them their beliefs have no business in public schools? That is just one example of faith vs. reason and I find religion fansinating despite being an atheist. That is why I have been asking about this statement:

It implies that argonaut11xx is forcing his beliefs on to other.

i'll start a new thread AFTER the Christmas season T-Bone..."Agnostic v Athiest"

at that point we can argue debate, and have some fun with it
Ok. if you would prefer to answer my question then, sure.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8