PDA

View Full Version : Tony Washington

bluto
12-20-2012, 07:38 PM
For a guy who joined the team late (pretty much around when it became obvious that the all-non-import O-Line experiment of 2012 was not going to be good for us) he really seems to have taken the team to heart... or at least about 7 inches away from his heart ;)

In this thread: we appreciate the big guy from 'Nawlins who wears #65 in our beloved Double Blue.

ArgoGabe22
12-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Pretty sure that's Wayne Smith in the 2nd photo but yeah he did fill in nicely especially when we needed it most. There aren't stats but I'm pretty sure the amount of sacks went down as the season progressed.

argonaut11xx
12-20-2012, 08:14 PM
This guy is something....seems to have overcome one of the most mindblowing crimes ever....

im surprised he was ever let across the border, ... that said...

he appears to be a decent man now....by the grace of God....

bluto
12-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Pretty sure that's Wayne Smith in the 2nd photo but yeah he did fill in nicely especially when we needed it most. There aren't stats but I'm pretty sure the amount of sacks went down as the season progressed.

crap! google image fail!

fixed.

Wobbler
12-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Much better.

flafson
12-20-2012, 09:56 PM
I like him. I fell in love with him when in one of our final games a guy charged him so he moved a side and smacked him in the back and guy fell, i really liked that.

gilthethrill
12-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I like him. I fell in love with him when in one of our final games a guy charged him so he moved a side and smacked him in the back and guy fell, i really liked that.

That was in the EF, the player he clubbed in the upper back was John Bowman who beat him for a sack on the play before...I laughed when Duane Ford lauded Washington for his technique.

ArgoRavi
12-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Washington is very appreciative of the opportunity that he has been given in Canada. No NFL team would touch him despite being ranked by the experts as being no worse than a second round draft pick. Hopefully he will have a nice long career with the Argos.

Midnight Blue
12-21-2012, 04:19 AM
That was in the EF, the player he clubbed in the upper back was John Bowman who beat him for a sack on the play before...I laughed when Duane Ford lauded Washington for his technique.

I remember that and I absolutely loved it. I'll have to try it on Winnipeg Mosquitos (only Winnipeg Mosquitos have earned the right to be capitalized), should I ever travel to Swan River again.

Midnight Blue
12-21-2012, 04:21 AM
Washington is very appreciative of the opportunity that he has been given in Canada. No NFL team would touch him despite being ranked by the experts as being no worse than a second round draft pick. Hopefully he will have a nice long career with the Argos.

+1. ^^^ Absolutely Agreed. ^^^

Cheers !

mchesher03
12-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Look at Jim Barker out there picking another diamond in the rough - who needs Tillman? ;)

jerrym
12-23-2012, 03:03 PM
I agree that since his arrival the offensive line has stabilized and steadily improved until it dominated in the Grey Cup game.

argonaut11xx
12-23-2012, 08:29 PM
i forgive him...and honestly think that he has taken full advantage of the SECOND chance he was given......this guy has talent....hopefully he doesnt get greedy(NFL), and hangs around for a long long time

7dj83r8f78t4alf8