PDA

View Full Version : Worst month to be a CFL fan?

KCargosfan
12-25-2012, 01:13 AM
January, March or April?

Invader
12-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Any month without the CFL is the worst. This month has been pretty light on CFL news...a couple signings and a couple players released. In January many of the teams take holidays and there's not much going on...perhaps speculation about the HUGE free agent signings in mid-Feb. Then the 2013 schedule should be released. After that there's a bit of a lull until the Evaluation Camp and HUGE CIS draft and accompanying media frenzy. Then were close to the mini-camps. By the end of May it's the much anticipated rookie camps, then the main training camps and happy days are here again!

ArgoFan1
12-25-2012, 02:03 AM
To me, it is the time from after the Super Bowl until the CFL schedule is out. Not that I am a big NFL fan, but I watch it anyways because it is football. When there is absolutely no football, then the time drags out. Once I get the upcoming schedule I mark all the Argo ang Ticat home games on my calendar and then check to see what road games I could possibly make and start setting up my summer schedules. Then I at least have somtthing to look forward to and before you know it, training camp opens.

294life
12-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Makes you wish for the XFL again........mmmaybe not.

Will
12-25-2012, 10:07 AM
I think it is December-February because that is when there is absolutely little news whatsoever pertaining to the CFL.

mac_davy
12-25-2012, 07:32 PM
To me, it is the time from after the Super Bowl until the CFL schedule is out. Not that I am a big NFL fan, but I watch it anyways because it is football. When there is absolutely no football, then the time drags out. Once I get the upcoming schedule I mark all the Argo ang Ticat home games on my calendar and then check to see what road games I could possibly make and start setting up my summer schedules. Then I at least have somtthing to look forward to and before you know it, training camp opens.

haha, im out in BC, so after grey cup i start watching the Seahawks, so this year im getting treat with Russel Wislon on fire. but yeah right Superbowl i get board, and no hockey either ( well im recording world Jr ), might spend some time thinking about a new ottawa team name should be, looking forward to July, kind of miffed Ottawa isnt here this year, thanks friends of Landsdown for that one

i get a laugh out of these people, hard to belive they delayed things by 2 years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617ryHTSP0E

1argoholic
12-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Hands down for me the worst month starts right after Grey Cup ends. Going to Grey Cup every year it's sad when the season is done and your friends all head home on the Monday. I start to pickup when the World Jrs start but this year sucks with game times. First one starts 2.5hrs at 1am here in coastal BC.

mac where are you in BC? Few of us on here.

Stevoman
12-26-2012, 10:04 AM
haha, im out in BC, so after grey cup i start watching the Seahawks, so this year im getting treat with Russel Wislon on fire
I"m in the same boat out here in BC and the Seahawks have been playing awesome of late but I too will be feeling like something is missing after the Super Bowl. That's probably when I'll start watching "Any Given Sunday", "The Program", "Gridiron Gang", "Remember the Titans" and other football movies to tie me over.

mchesher03
12-26-2012, 11:03 AM
the time until the schedule comes out. I like to lock in our games in the calendar and start scheduling around them.

jerrym
12-26-2012, 02:32 PM
The first month of withdrawal is always the worst.

mac_davy
12-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Hands down for me the worst month starts right after Grey Cup ends. Going to Grey Cup every year it's sad when the season is done and your friends all head home on the Monday. I start to pickup when the World Jrs start but this year sucks with game times. First one starts 2.5hrs at 1am here in coastal BC.

mac where are you in BC? Few of us on here.

Vancouver, im a lions fan of course, Argos are my 2nd team cause i got to keep it in the family ;). LOL. plus i want them to do well for the over all health of the leauge. Durging grey cup i couldnt find any argos gear out here, so i had to buy a double blue rugby shirt from Marks, the only thing i could find that came close lol

argotom
12-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Off season is like winter, dark and grey.
That's why we need a CFL dedicated channel all year round.
Speaking of which, does anyone have an educated guess as to how much it would take to apply for said channel with the CRTC, start up costs and annual budget.
Or, is it cheaper to buy a current one.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8