PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Ricky Ray/Chad Owens in list of people "who made Toronto better this year"

Rich
12-29-2012, 02:22 AM
It took winning the Grey Cup to get the Argonauts some love from the alt-weekly The Grid, but better late than never. Go place your vote for the dynamic duo:

http://www.thegridto.com/city/people/2012-menschies/

There are some very fine people on this list, if you're gonna vote, you should use all three votes allotted so they don't think we're stuffing the ballot box for the Argos. Here's the text of the Argos blurb. Maybe next year the Argos can be heroes for more than one day to some of these readers.

FOR PROVING THAT WE CAN BE HEROES, JUST FOR ONE DAY

Ricky Ray and Chad Owens
The Blue Jays are suddenly cool again, and the Maple Leafs are apparently worth a billion dollars. Big whoop—the Toronto Argonauts were the only local pro team to win it all this year (duh), and they did it in style, beating the Calgary Stampeders 35–22 in the 100th Grey Cup. To make things just a tad sweeter, the game was played at home, in a sold-out Rogers Centre. Leading the charge were quarterback hero Ricky Ray and league MVP Chad Owens. The soft-spoken Ray didn’t lose his cool when the Argos fell behind in the semi-final against arch-rival Montreal, and he recovered from a bumpy start against Calgary. The five-foot-eight Owens (a.k.a. “The Flyin’ Hawaiian”) simply rewrote the CFL’s regular-season record book, annihilating Pinball Clemons’s mark for total yards. Without either one of these guys, one of the grimmest years in the city’s sports history would’ve been a whole lot worse.

ArgoDave
12-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Done! Good find.

ArgoGabe22
12-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Finally found where to vote. I voted for Marty the horse

jerrym
12-30-2012, 07:09 PM
It took a while to find where to vote but I finally found it (on the last page). I voted for Ray/Owens, Marty the horse and Melanie Fiona (great pic).

ArgoRavi
12-30-2012, 08:10 PM
I too voted for Ray/Owens and Marty the horse.

1argoholic
12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I want the bagel!!!! I voted.

Will
12-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I didn't even realize I could vote for multiple entries.

Scotty
01-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Just for one day... Is that really the best they could do? Blatant shot at the fact that the city for the most part cant be arsed to care about this team.

294life
01-02-2013, 10:15 AM
bahahahaha......Alex Anthopolos wins the sports award. what a joke.

argomANIA
01-02-2013, 11:27 AM

??? The voting doesn't close till the 6th. The results will be posted on Jan 10th

AngeloV
01-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Almost makes me ashamed to be of Greek heritage. Can't wait for his bubble to burst.

Rich
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Not bad folks, Ricky/Chad finished tied for 5th (tied with Anthopoulos) out of 55. Marty the Horse was 4th.

http://www.thegridto.com/city/people/and-the-mensch-of-the-year-is/

ArgoGabe22
01-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Well if I knew Marty had the chance do better than Ray/Owens I would have never voted. They could've been 4th.

What is this award even for like seriously a butter sculptor 1st place? Oh yeah Toronto was a better city in 2012 because they had a butter sculpture of Rob Ford.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8