PDA

View Full Version : Another Argo beat writer moves on

ArgoRavi
01-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Chris Zelkovich is leaving the Toronto Star as per his Twitter account. I don't know who the new beat writer will be for the Star but Zelkovich joins Mark Masters and Terry Koshan as recent Argo beat writers who have moved on (although Koshan still works for the Sun and occasionally writes about the Argos).

bluto
01-28-2012, 07:56 AM
crap.

on the other hand...

Ravi, Angelo, get your resumes in there! :D

Will
01-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Chris Zelkovich is leaving the Toronto Star as per his Twitter account. I don't know who the new beat writer will be for the Star but Zelkovich joins Mark Masters and Terry Koshan as recent Argo beat writers who have moved on (although Koshan still works for the Sun and occasionally writes about the Argos).

Rick Matsumoto didn't retire too long ago either. I'm not sure if there's another writer at the Star who is all that interested in the CFL. Their coverage of the league isn't great to begin with.

AngeloV
01-28-2012, 11:10 AM
No great loss here. Masters is the only one of that bunch that I feel was really into the gig of covering the team. The other goes were simply there because they were assigned to be there by their bosses.

Too bad we don't have guys like Jim Hunt and Matsumoto covering the Argos anymore. Guys that really liked to cover them.

Invader
01-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Rick Matsumoto didn't retire too long ago either. I'm not sure if there's another writer at the Star who is all that interested in the CFL. Their coverage of the league isn't great to begin with.

C'mon, the Star is the largest newspaper in Canada and they update their Argo site at least once a year!

http://www.thestar.com/topic/Argos

:)

ArgoGabe22
01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Maybe Damian Cox will get the gig. I remember he was at practice to interview Rob Murphy and asked the PR person who Rob Murphy was. "Is that him?"

7dj83r8f78t4alf8