PDA

View Full Version : Receivers - Argos

OV Argo
01-15-2013, 11:47 PM
An important position group in the CFL and the Argos style offence.

Looking good for next season?: Owens - what a season last year - stepped up to prove many wrong (including me) that he could be a top CFL receiver; Durie - a lock again? - had some hands issues last season, but still a dangerous YAC yards guy if used in his role; Inman - very impressive rookie season (but what if he wants an NFL shot now too - like Armstead or Kuale or Kackert ?) - those 3 could form a nice nucleus, but - after them - veterans like Barnes and Mann, or Watt and Bradwell (if another NI receiver gets playing time - still need back-ups though) - those 4 in the mix again?; will Feoli-Gudino get a real shot? Bound to be plenty of new guys signed for TC, and maybe a decent prospect thru the draft.

???
:hi:

Midnight Blue
01-16-2013, 01:12 AM
An important position group in the CFL and the Argos style offence.

Looking good for next season?: Owens - what a season last year - stepped up to prove many wrong (including me) that he could be a top CFL receiver; Durie - a lock again? - had some hands issues last season, but still a dangerous YAC yards guy if used in his role; Inman - very impressive rookie season (but what if he wants an NFL shot now too - like Armstead or Kuale or Kackert ?) - those 3 could form a nice nucleus, but - after them - veterans like Barnes and Mann, or Watt and Bradwell (if another NI receiver gets playing time - still need back-ups though) - those 4 in the mix again?; will Feoli-Gudino get a real shot? Bound to be plenty of new guys signed for TC, and maybe a decent prospect thru the draft.

???
:hi:

Dude ,

Love your insight; as always....

But those round, blue, teethy, one-handed questioning Clowns, may scare some people.

Though not me. I am made of sterner stuff.

Ka' Pla !

1argoholic
01-16-2013, 02:47 AM
I'm really liking the sound of the two WR's Barker signed in early to mid Dec. AJ Jackson played at California University of Pennsylvania and in 09 was up again Trevor Harris and a few other as top Div II player in the country. tHe is 6'5" and something like 230lbs. Some articles said he was a Terrell Ownens type reciever that was very difficult to cover. Not sure what he's done since.
Also Tyler Beiler a 6' wr from Bridgewater who was a final cut of the Steelers looks good and he can return punts as well. Some of these guys who fall through the NFL cracks could really help us out. Problem is that if they do great in the CFL we could lose them quickly. No different than what happens to BC every year.

mchesher03
01-16-2013, 02:46 PM
I like the core group of Owens, Durie, Mann and Inman (i'm sure this post will haunt me in mid-season). Inman and Mann have some height and Inman especially likes to to up and make plays.

Bradwell seems slotted the possession receiver type role (poor man's Paul Masotti). Barnes turned it up when it mattered last year but also was a healthy scratch for a long period - Ricky obviously likes/trusts him as a receiver but does Marcus Brady?

Given the way our offence was last year - YAC are the key to moving the chains and maintaining possession - the Owens/Durie/Kack guys excel at this.

1argoholic
01-16-2013, 07:05 PM
I agree about Bradwell and given more playing time he could become more of a Masotti type reciever. The guy has great hands.

KCargosfan
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm probably in the minority here but at this point I wouldn't mind going ahead without Barnes and Mann.

paulwoods13
01-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Someone's gonna have to beat out Barnes and Mann for a roster spot, IMO. Both guys showed by the end of the season that they had value, both as receivers and as downfield blockers. That's not to say we couldn't upgrade. But I'll be very surprised if both are not in camp and atop the depth chart when it opens.

mchesher03
01-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Someone's gonna have to beat out Barnes and Mann for a roster spot, IMO. Both guys showed by the end of the season that they had value, both as receivers and as downfield blockers. That's not to say we couldn't upgrade. But I'll be very surprised if both are not in camp and atop the depth chart when it opens.

not much to add here - if someone comes in and beats them out - great but i don't see it happening in training camp, maybe as the season progresses though...

KCargosfan
01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
http://argonauts.ca/article/argos-extend-wr-spencer-watt-through-2014

Watt re-signs

Rich
01-17-2013, 11:31 PM

In the stretch run Mann became a real go-to guy, I loved the way he could keep drives alive by fighting for the first down yards. I'm not quite as big on Barnes, but while he didn't catch a lot of passes in the end, he ended up making some real important, key receptions, like the the one in the EF. I'm sure RR would love to have both back.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8