PDA

View Full Version : Byron Parker & AB3 Released

ArgoGabe22
01-18-2013, 04:16 PM
According to Farhan Laji, BP has been released by the Lions. I can see him going to Hamilton, Edmonton or Calgary. We lost Carroll but I doubt Jones will want him in his defence. I would love to see him back in double blue though.

ArgoGabe22
01-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Now according to Dave Naylor, Arland Bruce has been released. Is tomorrow bonus money pick up in BC?

ArgoRavi
01-18-2013, 05:28 PM
According to Farhan Laji, BP has been released by the Lions. I can see him going to Hamilton, Edmonton or Calgary. We lost Carroll but I doubt Jones will want him in his defence. I would love to see him back in double blue though.

Parker will likely end up in Hamilton with Orlando Steinauer. I know that Area 51 did not believe that Parker was good enough to play a lot of man-to-man as is required by Jones' defence and I suspect that the Argo braintrust believes similarly. Steinauer will probably run more of a Rich Stubler-type "bend but don't break" defence which Parker is a better fit for.

ArgoRavi
01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Now according to Dave Naylor, Arland Bruce has been released. Is tomorrow bonus money pick up in BC?

There may be bonuses due at the end of this month or beginning of next month but neither the release of Bruce nor Parker could be considered surprises as both saw a decline in their play in 2012 and didn't exactly come cheap.

1argoholic
01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
I think both can still play but it won't be in Toronto.

matchuk
01-18-2013, 08:27 PM
would welcome either one back in toronto, but it wont happen....

1argoholic
01-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Well if Jones ends up as the head coach in Montreal Parker might be wanted back in TO depending on who we have to replace Jones. I really hope Jones stays.

KCargosfan
01-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Will be surprised if Parker doesn't end up in Hamilton. Bruce... who knows? He may get a look somewhere, but this could be his last year as father time is catching up with him.

hugoagogo
01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Early reports are Parker has signed with the Als tonight.
edit: Confirmed, a 1+1 contract signed.

1argoholic
01-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Good for Parker and he wasn't unemployed long. Now he's bounced around Canada with his forth team.

bluto
01-20-2013, 02:41 PM
glad to have him back in the East as he's a fun to watch player. good for him that he got picked up so soon after release. Popp is no dummy, if he thinks Parker still has good football left in him, then he does.

is it too much of a stretch to be happy that he's in Montreal as this may be a sign that Chris Jones won't be going there?

ArgoRavi
01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
is it too much of a stretch to be happy that he's in Montreal as this may be a sign that Chris Jones won't be going there?

That thought has certainly crossed my mind. I think that Popp will pick someone that we are not expecting.

AngeloV
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM

That thought has certainly crossed my mind. I think that Popp will pick someone that we are not expecting.

I don't think it makes a difference one way or another. Just because the Als signed Parker, it doesn't mean he's guaranteed to make the team. If he were to get cut, he wouldn't be the first vet FA signing not to play a game for the team that signed him.

KCargosfan
01-20-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't think it makes a difference one way or another. Just because the Als signed Parker, it doesn't mean he's guaranteed to make the team. If he were to get cut, he wouldn't be the first vet FA signing not to play a game for the team that signed him.

As usual, AV is right on. No doubt Parker was one of the better secondary players in the league circa 07-10, but my guess is he's lost a step. He had a decent regular season, but the image of him getting burned repeatedly by Maurice Price in the West Final is stuck in my mind.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8