PDA

View Full Version : Grey Cup at Leaf Game

Ballstothewall
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
As anyone hear, if the leafs are going to invite the Argos to a Leaf game and celebrate the Grey Cup win for this city. Much like Canadians do in Montreal

294life
01-22-2013, 11:45 AM
hopefully Leaf fans take notice and give the ovation they deserve.

Mulder
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
with most if not all players back home, I don't see this happening. Raptors didn't do it either.

It would have made sense to do in in Dec. not so much now

ArgoGabe22
01-22-2013, 01:24 PM
with most if not all players back home We have players living locally. The Cup still travels from schools to businesses usually with our local GTA players (Black, Durie, JJ even Younger is still around)

AngeloV
01-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Leafs did it in '04. I was at that game.

AngeloV
01-22-2013, 02:29 PM
We have players living locally. The Cup still travels from schools to businesses usually with our local GTA players (Black, Durie, JJ even Younger is still around)

I'm also pretty sure that guys like Ray have it in their contract to do promotional things for the team. If the Leafs were to do it, I don't think the Argos would have an issue flying him in.

294life
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Can't blame the argos if the NHL started this late. Whoever's available will do. Just to rub the Leaf fans' noses in it.

Mulder
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Leafs did it in '04. I was at that game.

Very Interesting. Could you provide more details?

I mean, NHL was locked out that entire season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004%E2%80%9305_NHL_season

I really hope you were just joking!

Bleeds Double Blue
01-22-2013, 07:23 PM
It would probably be too time consuming since they would have to explain to the Leaf fans what a championship trophy is all about.

AngeloV
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Very Interesting. Could you provide more details?

I mean, NHL was locked out that entire season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004%E2%80%9305_NHL_season

I really hope you were just joking!

Shoot..am I getting that old? Could it have been at a Raptors game? I remember being at the ACC and Damon Allen and a couple of others were there with the cup. I don't pay to see either of those teams (even though I love the Leafs but they are priced way out of my budget range), so I'm sure I had comp tickets.

Mulder
01-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Shoot..am I getting that old? Could it have been at a Raptors game? I remember being at the ACC and Damon Allen and a couple of others were there with the cup. I don't pay to see either of those teams (even though I love the Leafs but they are priced way out of my budget range), so I'm sure I had comp tickets.

I was researching it to figure out what it was. Can't find anything. It was probably a Ratpors game.

I know the Marlies introduced the team this year.

294life
01-22-2013, 11:10 PM

I am getting old too. Even as a montrealer i should have figured out it was impossible. lol.

paulwoods13
01-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Maybe it was when hockey came back in October of '05 -- we were still the champions at that point!

Seriously, even though the Argos have established a bit of a working relationship with the Leafs (by getting their merch into Realsports), I doubt the Leafs would honour the Grey Cup champs. Too much of a reminder that their own teams have not won anything for decades, and I just don't see MLSE serving any interests other than its own at this point. Maybe I will be wrong because of the new Bell ownership stake in MLSE, but I doubt it.

T-Bone
01-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Anyone see this?:
http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/52df29f8641311e2b82c22000a1fbca3_7.jpg

294life
01-23-2013, 04:10 PM
verrrry classy, and perhaps just what the leafs needed.

ArgoRavi
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM

I seem to recall something like this too, Angelo, and didn't catch on to the impossibility of it happening in '04 until Mulder pointed it out. It must have been at a Raptors game instead.

JY26
01-25-2013, 01:03 AM
Feb 2 guys

1argoholic
01-25-2013, 01:09 AM
Nice move by the Leafs and they have to show the fans what a Championship Trophy actually looks like. haha. Thankfully I'm old enough to have had the Leafs win a few in my lifetime although I was only 5 the last time. Being an NFL Viking fan I always say to my wife that I feel for the season ticket holders of NFL teams who have never won. With the Vikings that's what, 52 or 53 years now? YIKES!!!

jerrym
01-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Nice move by the Leafs and they have to show the fans what a Championship Trophy actually looks like. haha. Thankfully I'm old enough to have had the Leafs win a few in my lifetime although I was only 5 the last time. Being an NFL Viking fan I always say to my wife that I feel for the season ticket holders of NFL teams who have never won. With the Vikings that's what, 52 or 53 years now? YIKES!!!

I'm old enough to have seen the last 4 Leaf Stanley Cup wins and was even a Leaf fan at the time but after years and years of the Harold Ballard clown show I gave up on them. Oh well, they're still ahead of the Cubs in years without a championship.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8