PDA

View Full Version : Ed Philion and Eddie Brown come to TO

294life
02-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Too bad Belli had to retire. The Bash Brothers would have reunited.

http://argosadmirals.com/2013/02/01/argos-name-ed-philion-and-eddie-brown-to-defensive-coaching-staff/

Stevoman
02-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Hopefully he doesn't teach them how to cut out a quarterback's knees...we had enough penalty trouble last season.

294life
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Khari Jones has to be peeing his pants with this news.

bluto
02-01-2013, 01:03 PM
http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argos-name-ed-philion-and-eddie-brown-to-defensive-coaching-staff

oh how i hated Ed Phillion...

welcome to the good ship Argo and our title defence, gentlemen.

as an aside: i love that the Argonauts have 11 coaches (some of whom will be among the league's highest paid). there's no SMS on your coaching and player personnel departments and it shows a commitment to stay on top.

1argoholic
02-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Hope Phillion has mellowed from his dirty, nasty, stinking playing days. Bluto took the words out of my mouth.

I did listen to him on radio coverage of an Argo/Als preseason game in 2011 and I believe he's from TO and loves the city.

Not the Eddie Brown I thought it was. I thought it was Downtown Eddie Brown who caught that amazing off the foot, in full stride, on a snow day TD catch against us in Hamilton at Grey Cup 96. Right infront of where we we sitting.

294life
02-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Hope Phillion has mellowed from his dirty, nasty, stinking playing days. Bluto took the words out of my mouth.

I did listen to him on radio coverage of an Argo/Als preseason game in 2011 and I believe he's from TO and loves the city.

Not the Eddie Brown I thought it was. I thought it was Downtown Eddie Brown who caught that amazing off the foot, in full stride, on a snow day TD catch against us in Hamilton at Grey Cup 96. Right infront of where we we sitting.

He was born in montreal but grew up in windsor. he's done a bang-up job doing color commentary for CJAD here. Former argo and TV analyst Pierre Vercheval has been approached for the assistant GM job left vacant by Marcel Desjardins.

doubleblue
02-02-2013, 02:34 PM
That was a surprise about Phillion. Good to see more Canadian Coaches in the League. Not surprised to see a change for a DL Coach, Stone didn't seem to have the respect of some of the veteran players from watching the body language on the sidelines IMO. Phillion will command that respect similar the Chris Jones.
Montreal has really been raided this off season in more ways than one.

Ron
02-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Oh how I hated Phillion and his dirty tactics that injured our QB's. Well he's an Argo now ... and I still hate him. Shame the team had to pick that prick to be a coach. Hope he does well.

294life
02-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Montreal has really been raped this off season in more ways than one.

corrected it.

294life
02-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Oh how I hated Phillion and his dirty tactics that injured our QB's. Well he's an Argo now ... and I still hate him. Shame the team had to pick that prick to be a coach. Hope he does well.

now you understand bipolar disorder.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8