PDA

View Full Version : Argos sign four off footballs scrap heap.

1argoholic
02-11-2013, 05:17 PM
http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argonauts-sign-one-on-offence-three-on-defence

I guess Barker is looking for the next Marcus Ball. One guy hasn't played in four years. They must be guys from one of the free agent camps. Here's hoping.

294life
02-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Am enjoying watching the grey cup from my restaurant table in Montreal right now. Thanks Argos. Thanks Etienne and Danny. haha!

ArgoRavi
02-12-2013, 12:24 AM
http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argonauts-sign-one-on-offence-three-on-defence

I guess Barker is looking for the next Marcus Ball. One guy hasn't played in four years. They must be guys from one of the free agent camps. Here's hoping.

My guess is that these are free agent camp findings. I don't know if anyone watched the Hail Mary series about the Esks this past season but the beginning of the series shows these free agent camps and emphasizes just how few of these players secure even a training camp invitation from one of these camps.

1argoholic
02-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I trust Barker and Jones based on last year. Just like a story they had on local sports last week about Wally and how he just knows how to find the right talent for the CFL especially qb's. No one is going to try harder to make a pro team than a talented guy who's fallen through the cracks for various reasons. Once again look at Marcus Ball who's engine didn't stop running from start to finish last year. If we can find another guy like him going this route I'd be thrilled.

bluto
02-12-2013, 03:23 PM
I trust Barker and Jones based on last year. Just like a story they had on local sports last week about Wally and how he just knows how to find the right talent for the CFL especially qb's. No one is going to try harder to make a pro team than a talented guy who's fallen through the cracks for various reasons. Once again look at Marcus Ball who's engine didn't stop running from start to finish last year. If we can find another guy like him going this route I'd be thrilled.

pretty sure they've earned my trust. you'd have to figure that going into year 4, Barker has a pretty good handle on what his team needs and is on the case. he knows what areas we need to upgrade or replace our starters at and where we could have stronger backups.

side note: the thread title's use of "Scrap Heap" doesn't sit right with me...

1argoholic
02-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Not saying the guys are crap just over looked lets say. When your out of football for four years you'd be very lucky to find yourself being picked up by a pro team. So scrap heap just was the first thought that came to me.

doubleblue
02-12-2013, 07:20 PM
With the name like Darnell Jackson (5'11 205) he just has the sound and size of a good running back.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8