PDA

View Full Version : Argos Resign Chad Kackert

jerrym
02-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Best news of the offseason.
“Chad is a young player coming into his own in the CFL who took advantage of an excellent opportunity", said Argos GM Jim Barker. "He played very well for us and he’s an important reason why we won the Grey Cup. Chad is well respected in our locker room and we’re thrilled to have him back in Toronto.”

http://www.cfl.ca/article/fa13-grey-cup-mvp-kackert-re-signs-intoronto

294life
02-15-2013, 05:04 PM
He should have an even better season this year. He just got his feet wet in 2012.

paulwoods13
02-15-2013, 05:18 PM
This is stunning -- the move to the Jets seemed to be all but a done deal. Well done, JB and company, and welcome back, Firecracker.

294life
02-15-2013, 05:20 PM
i doubt he had much of a shot in new york. he's a perfect fit for the cfl. as in giving other defences fits.

Rich
02-15-2013, 05:33 PM
This is such great news, I thought he was gone for sure. There's no question he's talented enough for the NFL. Certainly there are backs smaller than Kackert who get considerable NFL starting time at TB, like Dexter McCluster. But he opted for the sure thing here, and I think it was a good decision for him to make.

People say good RBs are a dime-a-dozen, but special backs like this guy are worth a lot more. How many backs with Kack's speed and quickness are also the consumate professional that he is? How many free-agent backs with talent are genuine team players like he is? Not only was he the MVP of the GC and the Eastern Final, but he was a player who rallied and inspired his teammates. You could see in the locker-room videos from after the game just how well-loved Kackert was by his teammates. It's like he's MVP and Mascot rolled into one. Talent+effort+team player+locker-room uniter -- that's a rare player worth every penny and more that Barker's paying him.

eiben35
02-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Great to hear that Chad is back with the Double Blue.

1argoholic
02-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Firstly as to the reports from earlier in the day, Twitter can go yam it!!!! I'm pumped about this. Hopefully we can sew him up for longer as the season winds down but for now I'm pumped that he's back. Time to order my Kack Attack t shirt.

argotom
02-15-2013, 07:42 PM
The Jets loss is definitely our gain.

OV Argo
02-15-2013, 10:29 PM
This is such great news, I thought he was gone for sure. There's no question he's talented enough for the NFL. Certainly there are backs smaller than Kackert who get considerable NFL starting time at TB, like Dexter McCluster. But he opted for the sure thing here, and I think it was a good decision for him to make.

People say good RBs are a dime-a-dozen, but special backs like this guy are worth a lot more. How many backs with Kack's speed and quickness are also the consumate professional that he is? How many free-agent backs with talent are genuine team players like he is? Not only was he the MVP of the GC and the Eastern Final, but he was a player who rallied and inspired his teammates. You could see in the locker-room videos from after the game just how well-loved Kackert was by his teammates. It's like he's MVP and Mascot rolled into one. Talent+effort+team player+locker-room uniter -- that's a rare player worth every penny and more that Barker's paying him.

Agreed Rich - great signing for the Argos; love to see Chad stick around and be an Argo star tailback for years to come (i wonder if they would grant him an NFL out tryout next year though?).

If the Argos stick to plenty of ground game (as in the GC win) - I'll predict Kackert leads the league in rushing and probably yards/carry average too. Some very good RBs in the CFL game now - Cornish, Harris, Chad Simpson (very impressive with the Bombers IMO), Sheets, Messam (if he can return to form), Whitaker (if he stays / rebounds from injury) - Chad K is up there as most talented IMO (though Cornish still deserves that crown for now IMO).

matchuk
02-15-2013, 10:36 PM
thank god!

Stevoman
02-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Pretty pumped that he's back! It's great to see that in successive years, we've had Owens and now Kackert choose the Argos over an NFL offer.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8