PDA

View Full Version : I hate the BC Lions

KCargosfan
02-24-2013, 01:35 AM
For some reason I hate BC more than any other team in the league. Wally Buono comes off as a smug, arrogant prick and so does Lulay. They also seem to get lucky in personnel moves (Olafioye, Mitchell and Elimimian coming back, Lulay turning into a star, most of their draft picks working out very well, Harris being a great RB).

Unfortunately, I think they're going to be the best team in the league if Lulay stays healthy. Their DL and LBs are awesome which will likely give them the best defense, and they have the best young Canadian offensive skill talent in the league.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, because I'd like nothing more than to see Buono miss the playoffs.

LLB997
02-24-2013, 02:33 AM
mark off Hamilton and their goofball fans for me.

294life
02-24-2013, 08:21 AM
The Argos won the cup without having to beat BC so they can be as good as they want.

OV Argo
02-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Wally & BC were probably brought back down to earth with that play-off loss last season; i bet they thought they were going to waltz to a 2nd consecutive GC win. They will probably be inspired to make up for last season.

IMO - they have plenty of talent, especially on D (but they were not the dominant force there i thought they might be - maybe tougher this season). Lulay is a very good young QB, but if he were to get injured ... Still comes down to coaching smarts a lot of the time in football - moreso than "talent" IMO; Benevedes is a young HC; Chapdelaine has experience as an OC but has also ran some very predictable and mediocre offences before (showed again last season IMO); Stubler as DC with all that D talent they have = very good and they could win with the strength of their D + if old guy McCallum can put together another fantastic FG kicking season.

1argoholic
02-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Lulay is a good guy as is Wally. We have the Cup and I hate Sask most.

294life
02-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Lulay is a good guy as is Wally. We have the Cup and I hate Sask most.

Defending it in Regina will be quite the challenge. Can Ray duplicate Flutie?

ArgoRavi
02-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Defending it in Regina will be quite the challenge. Can Ray duplicate Flutie?

Just having a full season under their belt with these new offensive and defensive systems will make the Argos better in 2013. If they can get their special teams back on track, then look out!

OV Argo
02-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Just having a full season under their belt with these new offensive and defensive systems will make the Argos better in 2013. If they can get their special teams back on track, then look out!

I believe you are possibly under-estimating the losses the Argos have suffered on D this off-season Ravi: Flemons, Armstead and maybe Foley at D-Line; Carroll and McCullough at DB = possibly 5 good starters gone; I realize Jones is a smart DC and can find good new talent (like Ball & Armstead last year; Watkins & Carroll were more know commodities at least from NFL experience); is Jones going to be able to add more of his experienced guys like McCune and Issac, or just assume he can easily plug & play some new imports on D? - a big question mark IMO.

I expect the offence to be much better - with experience together, keeping Kackert and maybe one of those new receivers with the fine US ball resumes pan-out as well as Inman did? - O-Line still a bit iffy maybe but they did put it together down the sretch and into the GC.

Kicking game still a question mark IMO.

I expect the Argos to be strong, but I guess I'm not the eternal Argo optimist that you always are Ravi ;o)

argonaut11xx
02-25-2013, 11:57 AM
The BC Lions...YUK....anything with BC in it sucks, this whole province sucks....

My LEAST fav CFL teams..#1 - The Ti-Cats, #2 - who ever is playing the Argo's

Entropy19
02-27-2013, 10:47 PM
Over the years I have to agree that BC is my least Fav team too. The thing that gets me the most is that Wally is literally 20 yards on the field for most of the game... I dunno why but it drives me nuts. But second least fav would be any team burris plays for...

AngeloV
02-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Over the years I have to agree that BC is my least Fav team too. The thing that gets me the most is that Wally is literally 20 yards on the field for most of the game... I dunno why but it drives me nuts. But second least fav would be any team burris plays for...

Let me guess...You're from Riderville? LOL!!!

Will
02-28-2013, 01:38 PM
I have never had any particular qualms against the British Columbia Lions. Most of my venom is directed at the Hamilton Tiger-Cats or Saskatchewan Roughriders.

1argoholic
02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
I hate the Riders and all of the people who flooded out of Sask like rats off of a sinking ship in the bad times. Now they live in other CFL cities and show up in green and make it look like they've traveled in for the game. They live in the friggin city.My wife had seasons in Calgary for years and folks would wear Stamps gear until the Rioders came to town and they'd show up in green.

Entropy19
03-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Let me guess...You're from Riderville? LOL!!!

that obvious eh? :D

7dj83r8f78t4alf8