PDA

View Full Version : EJ Kuale an Alouette according to Dave Naylor

bluto
02-25-2013, 04:15 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1797398721/naylor_normal.jpgDavid William Naylor ‏<s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(187, 187, 187);">@</s>TSNDaveNaylor (https://twitter.com/TSNDaveNaylor)
Mtl has signed former Argo LB Ejiro Kuale. <s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(102, 181, 210);">#</s>cfl (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cfl&src=hash) <s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(102, 181, 210);">#</s>als (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23als&src=hash) <s style="text-decoration: initial; color: rgb(102, 181, 210);">#</s>Argos (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Argos&src=hash)
Details
(https://twitter.com/TSNDaveNaylor/status/306147019779633152)
Have to say that this caught me flat footed.

1argoholic
02-25-2013, 04:39 PM
What? I'm just sick and tired of the movement and flip flopping of players in pro sports. No wonder fringe fans tune it all out.

Will
02-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Uh huh, we have our Mike O'Shea folks!

mchesher03
02-25-2013, 05:20 PM
So the Argos did him a favour with releasing him early to pursue NFL options and he turns around and signs with one of our rivals (who is on the decline as well FWIW)??

bush league stunt, completely bush league.

ArgoGabe22
02-25-2013, 06:04 PM
No hate from me. He was a FA anyways, its past Feb 15 and he's free to sign for anyone. With a young daughter and with football being a short career, cash in when you can.

ArgoGabe22
02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Does mean Ron Flemons may be back? Won't be surprised if he is brought back now. Lots of cap space available and with him taking a paycut, seems plausible.

zontar
02-25-2013, 06:35 PM
What happened to "exploring NFL opportunities but he'll be back " ?

294life
02-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Hey thanks guys. we can't have enough defencemen apparently. dunno if there's still room for anwar stewart who's been released by the stamps.

ArgoRavi
02-25-2013, 08:14 PM
No hate from me. He was a FA anyways, its past Feb 15 and he's free to sign for anyone. With a young daughter and with football being a short career, cash in when you can.

I am not thrilled by this but we did benefit from a similar situation a year ago when Jason Barnes signed with us instead of re-signing with Edmonton after they let him go early to explore his NFL opportunities. I am surprised that Kuale made this move but it is what it is.

KCargosfan
02-25-2013, 08:14 PM

Agreed. If he received more money from Montreal you can't blame him.

matchuk
02-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Very big loss Imo. I don't blame him for trying his chance with the NFL and signing as a free agent with another team. For all we know the Argos might have not even offered him a deal.

1argoholic
02-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Sounds like a bit more coin and the chance to play more linebacker which he loves. Sports these days sucks. I'm so sick of the constant movement of players. Pinball and Masotti were very rare guys who played long careers with one team.

argolio
02-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Good riddance to that cheap-shot artist! (he said three seconds after reading this thread)

And it should make Argo-Alouette games a lot more interesting this season.

paulwoods13
02-26-2013, 07:06 AM
It's not a huge loss. He was a good special teamer and had some value on defence because of his versatility, but was also prone to cheap shots and not a good representative of the team in the community, judging by some of his offensive tweets.

paulwoods13
02-26-2013, 08:59 AM
What I find really interesting is how Jim Popp has gone away from his usual strategy of doing his own recruiting. He's loading up this offseason on other teams' castoffs and free agents. Maybe his new approach will work as well as the successful strategy he has employed for the past 15 years, maybe it won't. Will be interesting to see, either way.

AngeloV
02-26-2013, 10:10 AM
He obviously enjoyed the strip joints in Montreal better than the ones in Toronto....Why else would he go there?

Seriously, a good ball player IMO, but only a part time starter. I think the signing of Yurechuk made the Argos have little or no interest in bringing Kuale back.

KCargosfan
02-27-2013, 02:42 AM
What I find really interesting is how Jim Popp has gone away from his usual strategy of doing his own recruiting. He's loading up this offseason on other teams' castoffs and free agents. Maybe his new approach will work as well as the successful strategy he has employed for the past 15 years, maybe it won't. Will be interesting to see, either way.

I'm betting it won't, especially with Hawkins at the helm. Montreal is heading deeper down the mountain they've been descending the past 2 years.

Now that I'm on record with that, the Als will probably go 16-2 and win the whole, thing, haha.

KCargosfan
02-27-2013, 02:43 AM
He obviously enjoyed the strip joints in Montreal better than the ones in Toronto....Why else would he go there?

Seriously, a good ball player IMO, but only a part time starter. I think the signing of Yurechuk made the Argos have little or no interest in bringing Kuale back.

haha, good one AV.

matchuk
02-27-2013, 09:07 PM
So the Argos did him a favour with releasing him early to pursue NFL options and he turns around and signs with one of our rivals (who is on the decline as well FWIW)??

bush league stunt, completely bush league.

apparently kuale did give the argos the first chance at signing him after the steelers didnt pan out....guess they didnt offer a deal?

ArgoRavi
02-27-2013, 10:26 PM
apparently kuale did give the argos the first chance at signing him after the steelers didnt pan out....guess they didnt offer a deal?

They more likely didn't offer a deal to Kuale's liking.

Entropy19
02-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Kuale was a stud IMO... Guy is mean and could really unload...

jerrym
02-28-2013, 02:24 AM
Kuale probably saw greener pastures on an aging team in Montreal after three year as a good but part-time starter in Toronto and Montreal probably offered enough money to make a move worthwhile.

ArgoGabe22
08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Speaking of Kuale in the other thread, he has just been released by the Als. Can't say I watched him other than when he injured Ray but surely he isn't the reason the offence isn't clicking and why guys are fumbling. Reminds me M.Knowlton is still a FA. When he was released he said "they want me to score points for them too?"

gilthethrill
08-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Quick, we should sign him!!!!!!

ArgoRavi
08-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Speaking of Kuale in the other thread, he has just been released by the Als. Can't say I watched him other than when he injured Ray but surely he isn't the reason the offence isn't clicking and why guys are fumbling. Reminds me M.Knowlton is still a FA. When he was released he said "they want me to score points for them too?"

Kuale did make a big play to preserve the win over Edmonton. The grass certainly wasn't greener for him though.

matchuk
08-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Kuale did make a big play to preserve the win over Edmonton. The grass certainly wasn't greener for him though.

yes, that goal line stand was awesome...

294life
08-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Als look on the verge of falling apart. Not gonna be pretty. But hey, they can still play golf today.

Midnight Blue
08-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Hey is it just me, or did anyone else enjoy Ejiro Kuale's play and contribution last year?

I remember him making great plays all of the time.

If he has recently gotten into trouble again, then he should be re-signed by the Argos,

and put on Mr. Michael "Pinball" Clemons' rehabilitation list, not for his sake,

but for Mr. Clemons' sake; Pinball hasn't had any serious restructuring to do since

Robert Baker. Sure, there have been others, but presently it seems that Pinball needs a new project.

Football has always been a game for bad-asses.

Why are people surprised that bad-asses are sometimes attracted to the game?

Ka 'Pla !

7dj83r8f78t4alf8