View Full Version : Grey Cup Trophy re-design

AaronInToronto
03-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Anyone know the status of the GreyCup re-design?

"The trophy, one of Canada's best known symbols, will run out of room for new additions following the 2012 Grey Cup. The league has announced that the base will be redesigned but will remain similar in shape to its current design."

Nice to know the Argos have their name on it more times than other team, but what happen now? Is the top ripped off and apended to a whole new blank base? Will it even look the same? Sad that we're losing history in the presentation, though I know its been damaged and gone through iterations over the years.

Midnight Blue
03-14-2013, 11:59 PM

"The trophy, one of Canada's best known symbols, will run out of room for new additions following the 2012 Grey Cup. The league has announced that the base will be redesigned but will remain similar in shape to its current design."

Nice to know the Argos have their name on it more times than other team, but what happen now? Is the top ripped off and apended to a whole new blank base? Will it even look the same? Sad that we're losing history in the presentation, though I know its been damaged and gone through iterations over the years.

I'm just guessing, but I imagine they'll add a stack/layer to the bottom, to make room for future glory.

No doubt the handles will be reinforced too, with titanium bolts, so that next year, our man Belli, doesn't break it again. Gotta love old school. Adriano Belli Rocks!

294life
03-15-2013, 09:07 AM

maybe they should redesign the top to have that 1908 hamilton engraving removed once and for all. ;)

Midnight Blue
03-15-2013, 09:55 AM
maybe they should redesign the top to have that 1908 hamilton engraving removed once and for all. ;)

Hey 294, I like you but don't go messin' with Southern Ontario tradition. We Argo and Ti-Cat fans may not like each other, but we certainly agree that we wouldn't want an engraving of some double-shot, thrice steam-rollered-over Alouette pigeon, being engraved there instead. Nothing personal. But pigeons shit everywhere. Please try to keep them within the confines of your own Province/Country.

(Just kiddin' - well, almost.)

Cheers ! (Salut !)

AaronInToronto
03-15-2013, 10:24 AM

Haha, I totally agree with that!

294life
03-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Hey 294, I like you but don't go messin' with Southern Ontario tradition. We Argo and Ti-Cat fans may not like each other, but we certainly agree that we wouldn't want an engraving of some double-shot, thrice steam-rollered-over Alouette pigeon, being engraved there instead. Nothing personal. But pigeons shit everywhere. Please try to keep them within the confines of your own Province/Country.

(Just kiddin' - well, almost.)

Cheers ! (Salut !)

My own province/country rejected me so i'm doing my best to bleed double blue, or maybe i should opt for black and gold. :rolleyes:

7dj83r8f78t4alf8