PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore remembers the CFL! WBAL salutes the Stallions!

Ron
02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
4 great audio interviews. (Mathews, Ham, Speros and swac)

http://www.wbal.com/article/86122/50/template-story/WBAL-Salutes-The-Baltimore-Stallions (http://www.wbal.com/article/86122/50/template-story/WBAL-Salutes-The-Baltimore-Stallions)

ArgoGabe22
02-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks for sharing. Lawrence Phillips one of the best runningbacks Matthews has ever seen in the CFL?

294life
02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
baltimore stallions forever.

Midnight Blue
02-03-2012, 01:01 AM
I thought that it was great that the CFL tried to expand to the US. It didn't work out, but what the hell, at least they tried. Anyway, here's a thought: A fifth Eastern team has always been talked about (after Ottawa comes back, Winnipeg will move back west), and while Quebec City, Moncton or Halifax would be ideal, I keep hearing/reading many reasons why it won't work (stadium/sponsorship/marketing money, etc.), so, why not put a CFL team into a US town that loves Football and is starved for Championships? That's right - Buffalo. The fifth Eastern CFL team. I think there are enough fans on both sides of the border to go around. They'd probably all visit both the Argos and the Buffalo Bulldozers. I'm serious. As long as management for the Argos and the Bills don't get their collective panties into a twist. I think the more Football the better. Just thinking outside the, um, box.

Midnight Blue
02-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Oh ... OH ! Sorry, but I almost forgot about Hamilton. Generally, if I'm not mistaken, Hamilton always sells out when the team is doing ok, so, I'm guessing that a team in Buffalo shouldn't scare away the Ti-Cat owners, especially since Buffalo CFL fans would probably go to Hess Village (a REALLY cool downtown Hamilton bar/band/party place - kinda like Yorkville in Toronto used to be - though I haven't visited Hess Village in four years), and those Buffalo fans would probably not even make it to Toronto - hell, I almost didn't make it back to TO, last time I was in Hess Village. I mean, if owners think away from pure protectionism, they may find that Football fans just wanna have fun.

Midnight Blue
02-03-2012, 01:44 AM
PS - Should you ever party in Hamilton's Hess Village, and should you ever be inclined to occasionally drink excessively (as Football fans are wont to do), I would recommend that you start at the top of Hess Street, and work your way down. The incline is generally directly proportional the your balance coefficient. Nevertheless, it Rocks!

Will
02-03-2012, 09:08 AM
At least Matthews still thinks that the Flutie-led Argo teams were still the best teams he coached. I half expected him to say the Stallions to placate the audience in Baltimore.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8