PDA

View Full Version : New Skydome layout - Windows Restaurant is gone

shayman
03-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Take a look at this picture the Jays sent out today. The Windows restaurant has been removed, and replaced by an open terrace where, apparently, any fan can go and wander during the game. Wonder if this will be open during football?

(click to enlarge)

gilthethrill
03-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Not sure why you would wander there during a game when you pay good $$ for a seat. Windows was so 1990's though, a change was needed.

Midnight Blue
03-28-2013, 01:46 AM
Not sure why you would wander there during a game when you pay good $$ for a seat. Windows was so 1990's though, a change was needed.

They should put in a bar, and let us smokers have a cig there at half-time, when the roof is open. That's fair, isn't it?

Not wishing to bring up a smoking debate, but I think it is safe to say, that Football fans are a bit wilder and perhaps slightly more reckless than say, golf, or tennis, or even (Gasp!) baseball fans. Please remember that we've probably had a few drinks before the game, and stepping out at half-time for a beer and two smokes, would certainly be a nice touch. My point is that I suspect many Football fans like to have a cig occasionally. If 15-20-25% of the population smokes, then I would safely imagine that maybe 30-35% of Football fans smoke, if not more. Let the smokers back into the Dome, at least when the roof is open. It certainly wouldn't hurt attendance. Though no doubt there are probably some Ontario nanny-state rules in place to prevent smoking there as well.

Maybe the Argos management can negotiate an exception. Would be nice.

I'm surprised no one has blamed cigarettes for Global Warming/Cooling/Extinction/Meteorites/Climate-Change, yet....

Ka' Pla !

mchesher03
03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Why / how does the ACC let smokers go outside between periods and the SkyDome doesn't at halftime / between innings? I guess policy is different but if the stuck up ACC lets it go why not the 'Dome?

Once upon a time I remember when the only restriction was that you had to be in the concourse to light up - things were slightly different in 1989 though I guess....

mchesher03
03-28-2013, 09:34 AM
I assume it will be open during football - actually think it looks good and given the windows restaurant has been empty /vacant it is a good thing.

294life
03-28-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm surprised no one has blamed cigarettes for Global Warming/Cooling/Extinction/Meteorites/Climate-Change, yet....

Ka' Pla !

You should be seeing warning labels soon with cool outer space pics to further that argument ;)

Midnight Blue
04-01-2013, 12:16 AM
You should be seeing warning labels soon with cool outer space pics to further that argument ;)

I've always suspected that you were brilliant. And not just because of your hot new avatar picture.

Perhaps they can use my avatar picture, on the warning label, with the words:

"Eat all of the cows now, to prevent the build-up of methane in the Earth's atmosphere....

And shoot all the bean-eaters too."

(Just kidding, about the cows.)

Ka' Pla !

7dj83r8f78t4alf8