PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

Will
04-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Anybody else watch? I know that this is supposed to be an exciting season, but I find myself wanting after three episodes. I felt Diana Rigg stole the scene she was in and Peter Dinklage was excellent in the last episode, but this might be the first time I noticed that the multiple storylines is impacting the show.

Mulder
04-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Anybody else watch? I know that this is supposed to be an exciting season, but I find myself wanting after three episodes. I felt Diana Rigg stole the scene she was in and Peter Dinklage was excellent in the last episode, but this might be the first time I noticed that the multiple storylines is impacting the show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

Will
04-15-2013, 02:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

Yeah, I know it's a book series, but I'm wondering if staying true to the books (as the show has done) is starting to become an issue.

Ron
04-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Watched the first two of season 2 and thought they were excellent.

Ron
04-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Just watched the 3rd. This one IMO had a bit too much wasted time in it.

Mulder
04-16-2013, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I know it's a book series, but I'm wondering if staying true to the books (as the show has done) is starting to become an issue.

The first one and so far 1/4 of the second one are extremely close to the books.

Remember that this season is only approximately half of book 3. Which probably means they had to drag out some chapters.

ticatfan
04-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Will, I thought the same. I watched episode 3 there seem to be too many story lines right now.

Midnight Blue
04-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Will, I thought the same. I watched episode 3 there seem to be too many story lines right now.

After reading the above posts, I think I will make an effort to get started on the books, and then one day check out the TV series. Cool.

BTW, and this is off-topic; I would recommend Patrick O'Brian's series of British Naval historical-fiction books, a series of 17 or so novels, beginning with "Master and Commander". I've read the entire series of books, three times over, 15 years ago. Then the movie came out, which is based on three of the first six or seven books. If you liked the movie, then you will be absolutely blown away by the books.

Cheers !

Will
04-19-2013, 10:50 AM
I enjoyed the movie, and my dad does have quite a few of the books, but I have never been able to get into them.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8