View Full Version : Defensive Line

mchesher03
04-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Again maybe over-excited given the season is still over 2 months away, but was thinking about the roster and current needs that will hopefully be addressed through new signings and I think our biggest concern coming into the season is D-Line.

Currently through scouring the roster this is what we have:

Defensive End

Jeremey Geathers
Kenny Horsely
David Lee
Christopher Lyle
Mohamed Marah
EJ Nduka
Donte Paige-Moss
Alexander Robinson

Lee and Robinson being the only non-imports and to be honest outside of following transactions this year and knowing Nduka and Horsely just signed here, I have only heard of Horsely and Paige-Moss otherwise. Any thoughts on how this shakes out? I know Chris Jones liked to rotate the D-Line so we probably have a rotation of at least 3 and I've got to think that David Lee takes one of the available spots. Horsely is a giant at 6 foot 7 although I see Robinson is 6 foot 6 himself - height can't hurt in Jones's system where they are dropping back into zone coverage.

I'll do D-Tackle in a separate post.....

ArgoRavi
04-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Geathers and Lyle both played in the final regular season game against Hamilton and played very well as the defensive line was often in Burris' face that night.

1argoholic
04-25-2013, 05:56 PM
After last year I have all the faith in Barker, Jones and the rest of our team in finding and playing the right guys. I do want to see more Lee. The guys motor never stops. Hope he gets more reps.

mchesher03
04-26-2013, 11:00 AM
Geathers and Lyle both played in the final regular season game against Hamilton and played very well as the defensive line was often in Burris' face that night.

Oh thanks for that Ravi - interesting. In that case they definitely will be in contention once training camp opens which is great. Off topic but that may have been my favourite game of the year, wasn't even sure my Dad and I would even bother going since we figured the tabbies would take it to our back-ups and how wrong I was on that case. Watching the poor tabbie fans watch us just maul and embarass their squad was a sight that wiped away the horrible homestand earlier in the fall (Saskatchewan - Montreal - Edmonton) and couldn't have been more fun to watch.

Alright I think we are fine at Defensive End - or at least have enough depth to start the year off. I see why we weren't in a rush to sign Foley either - especially with David Lee filling an NI spot and having a great motor.

I'll fire off the D-Tackle stuff next - always enjoy the insights on this board.

OV Argo
04-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Jermaine Reid has plenty of CFL experience now, and has some ability/experience at DE as well as DT; him and Lee could be swing guys in a rotation on the D-Line to get in the needed 7th NI only need apply for the Argos, if they require a NI on D to meet "ratio problems" ?

jerrym
04-27-2013, 01:21 AM
I think Reid/Lee would work great as a combo for the last NI and would have the added advantage of providing a Canadian to fill in if another Canadian went down due to injury during a game.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8