PDA

View Full Version : How much ya bench?

KCargosfan
05-02-2013, 08:22 PM
What was your best 1-rep or 2-rep on the bench press?

Mine was 225 once when I was a senior in high school.

Not very impressive, I know. I was always better with dumbbells than barbells.

1argoholic
05-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Try and sit on a bench anytime one is around. haha Never really got into bench pressing especially since back in the day I was 5'9" and about 150 lbs. Played hockey, baseball and ran cross country. I couldn't put weight on for the life of me until I hit 40. I just use lighter dumbbells and these cool elastic bands now. Too many joint issues from landscaping. Not those kind of joints. haha.

KCargosfan
05-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Try and sit on a bench anytime one is around. haha Never really got into bench pressing especially since back in the day I was 5'9" and about 150 lbs. Played hockey, baseball and ran cross country. I couldn't put weight on for the life of me until I hit 40. I just use lighter dumbbells and these cool elastic bands now. Too many joint issues from landscaping. Not those kind of joints. haha.

Dumbbells and elastic bands are better for you anyway from what I've read. The bench press has to be one of the most overrated exercises as the range of motion is very limited.

DanTheFan
05-04-2013, 01:08 PM
I haven't attempted to bench since high school. My exercise routine consists of stationary bike, push-ups, crunches, and various dumbbell workouts with 2 20 and 2 30lb weights.

Midnight Blue
05-04-2013, 03:41 PM
I've done elevator Tai-Chi. This is really cool, whether going up or down.

I've actually done 95% of all T'ai Chi Chuan, I've ever done, in an elevator.

When other people walk in, in like, other floors and shit, I just freeze in whatever position I am in.

(Ok, just kidding about freezing in position, but if I wasn't interested in still living where I do, then I would.)

And oh yeah, it wouldn't be the same without the surround-sound mirrors.

The view can be distracting, but it's ok as long as you don't get too full of yourself.

Great for swordsmanship when surrounded by 37 Klingons. Or just 3 when you're sober.

Ka' Pla !

argolio
05-04-2013, 05:39 PM
I once benched 1 lb 225 times. Damn near killed me!

Midnight Blue
05-05-2013, 09:50 PM

That's the spirit, Argolio !

Never say die !

Besides my world record attempt (still ongoing), of most Tai-Chi time in an elevator,

I also like to lift cases of beer, from like waist-high, to near nose-crushing elevations,

in elevators (of course) in order to stay in shape for Tai-Chi,

and for breakfast and house cats.

Ka' Pla !

KCargosfan
05-13-2013, 12:30 AM

haha, now that is impressive.

Wobbler
05-27-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm curious about that myself. I have a Weider Crossbow which is a useful machine, but doesn't offer resistance comparable to free weights - so who knows! Next time I have the opportunity I'll try to find out.

Midnight Blue
06-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm curious about that myself. I have a Weider Crossbow which is a useful machine, but doesn't offer resistance comparable to free weights - so who knows! Next time I have the opportunity I'll try to find out.

Great stuff, Wobbler !

I actually found your video on the internet; enchanting....

And I like your Double Blue helmet !

But you really need some facial hair, to intimidate charging Cavalry.

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HagCuGXJgUs

Ka' Pla !

7dj83r8f78t4alf8