PDA

View Full Version : Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole leaving for Fox Sports

ArgoRavi
05-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Will Onrait and O'Toole be missed by many on here? To be honest, I rarely watch SportsCentre these days as I usually look for any reports that I am interested in at tsn.ca. Furthermore, I must admit that I have never been a huge fan of sports anchors trying to be comedians but that is just me. Will you miss Onrait and O'Toole? BTW, I just heard Onrait say on CTV News that they hope to bring some curling and CFL highlights to American audiences. :)

1argoholic
05-04-2013, 01:40 AM
WOW, I never heard this. I like these two clowns. I'll miss them.

argolio
05-04-2013, 01:42 AM
Most younger fans seem to like them but they were never my cup of tea.

ArgoGabe22
05-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Don't care. I thought Onrait was annoying.

LLB997
05-04-2013, 11:26 AM
These guys turned Sportscentre into a night at the Apollo

1argoholic
05-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I think they bring some much needed light hearted banter to sports highlights. Especially during the NHL season which every player interview is like dry white bread, plain and boring.
Onraits silly comments during Spring training baseball highlights were very funny. He'd make a silly comment about the ad on the wall as a guy was making a catch infront of it. You'd have some local hotel ad and he'd make a comment in where you'd thought TSN would be in legal hot water. Funny stuff though.

Will
05-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Never paid much attention to the two of them.

ArgoGabe22
05-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I was actually thinking about this earlier. If I had the chance to work at TSN or to move to FOX for more money I would have to say I would rather stay for less $ and live in Canada. Well that's just me.

1argoholic
06-06-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm with you. Life isn't all about money.

argos1873
06-14-2013, 11:18 PM
I was actually thinking about this earlier. If I had the chance to work at TSN or to move to FOX for more money I would have to say I would rather stay for less $ and live in Canada. Well that's just me.

I agree with you too, but then again I haven't been given the offer. I think even the most staunch of us would at least think about reconsidering when the Brinks truck rolls up in front of our house. Unfortunately this world is setup pretty nicely to make even the hardened sell-out.

That being said, I don't care much for Jay and Dan. They try too hard to be funny. Some people like that. Not me.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8