View Full Version : Mitchell Gale

Wobbler
05-05-2013, 11:28 PM
According to this article (http://www.ktxs.com/sports/gale-invited-to-rams-rookie-mini-camp/-/14769664/20024234/-/edykusz/-/index.html), we have interest in Abilene Christian University QB Mitchell Gale (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=103781&draftyear=2013&genpos=QB). Anyone seen him play?

doubleblue
05-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Sounds interesting, although his 40 time isn't outstanding. You would like to see a CFL running QB be in the 4.7 range, but he is probably faster than Ray or Cavillo.
You like to have depth in case of injuries, and better is better, but I like our two young QB's from last year going forward.
Funny how we have to find Argo information this way instead of from our local Media.
Good job Wobbler.

Will
05-06-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm not shocked by that though doubleblue. It's a matter of perspective, American college towns like to keep track of their ex-players. What I'm saying is whether this player has enough notability to have gotten on any local writers' radar.

1argoholic
05-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Boatman and Gales usually don't get along. I know dumb but I can't help it.

Wobbler
05-16-2013, 09:06 PM
Apparently Gale wasn't signed by the Rams, so we followed through and signed him today (http://argonauts.ca/article/argonauts-add-pivot-mitchell-gale). Interesting that we see him as an alternative to Brink; I don't think Angelo will be happy with our apparent intent to start the season with one veteran QB.

ArgoRavi
05-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Apparently Gale wasn't signed by the Rams, so we followed through and signed him today (http://argonauts.ca/article/argonauts-add-pivot-mitchell-gale). Interesting that we see him as an alternative to Brink; I don't think Angelo will be happy with our apparent intent to start the season with one veteran QB.

I think that it is Paul that is more concerned about having only one vet QB. I am not terribly concerned as both Harris and Collaros now have a year under their belt so I think we would be okay if anything happens to Ray but admittedly I only have their limited play from last year to go by so I am mostly just going with a gut feeling.

OV Argo
05-16-2013, 10:32 PM
I'd rather go with 3 promising but inexperienced young guys rather than have a proven mediocre stiff like Brink as an experienced back-up for the sake of it.

paulwoods13
05-17-2013, 06:51 AM
I think that it is Paul that is more concerned about having only one vet QB. I am not terribly concerned as both Harris and Collaros now have a year under their belt so I think we would be okay if anything happens to Ray but admittedly I only have their limited play from last year to go by so I am mostly just going with a gut feeling.

Yes, it was me, and I'm still not comfortable going into the season with no one who has taken meaningful snaps in the CFL behind RR. Hope he stays healthy and we never have to test my thesis.

mchesher03
05-17-2013, 09:34 AM
Well having an experienced QB just netted us 3 ugly home losses in a row last season so may as well bring the younger guys in to compete - couldn't be worse than that series of games. IMO I don't think Brink would have done drastically better either but its all speculation of course....

paulwoods13
05-17-2013, 09:54 AM
Well having an experienced QB just netted us 3 ugly home losses in a row last season so may as well bring the younger guys in to compete - couldn't be worse than that series of games. IMO I don't think Brink would have done drastically better either but its all speculation of course....

Those three losses were not solely on the shoulders of Jarious Jackson. He also did other stuff that contributed to winning the Grey Cup, and should not be cavalierly dismissed the way some on here have done.

As long as Ricky Ray is an Argonaut and stays healthy, it doesn't matter who our backups are. Collaros and Harris both have shown signs of promise, and the organization is apparently high on Gale, but I hope we don't need to find out how good they are in a post-season game against Calvillo, Burris, Lulay, etc.

AngeloV
05-17-2013, 11:56 AM
I don't think Angelo will be happy with our apparent intent to start the season with one veteran QB.

I can understand the confusion though, as I have stated that I think Brink can be pretty good on a better team. I was apparently in the minority in stating that IMO Brink is better than Elliot.

bluto
05-17-2013, 12:15 PM
I can understand the confusion though, as I have stated that I think Brink can be pretty good on a better team. I was apparently in the minority in stating that IMO Brink is better than Elliot.

i think that given time, coaching and mentoring, Brink could have been better on a better team. i don't think that cutting him has any bearing on the Brink v Elliot debate though.

i figure that we had 3 backup QBs, none of whom were willing to sit on the PR for a year, so one had to go.

AngeloV
05-17-2013, 03:38 PM
i don't think that cutting him has any bearing on the Brink v Elliot debate though.

Agreed. I was just trying to explain why Wobbler may have thought I would be upset with the move.

Wobbler
05-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Agreed. I was just trying to explain why Wobbler may have thought I would be upset with the move.
Nah, you're just my first guess whenever I suspect someone might get upset. ;)

Wobbler
05-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Here's another article about Gale (http://enidnews.com/sportslocal/x508509427/Ex-Alva-QB-signs-for-CFL-s-Argonauts). Nothing revelatory, but it gives some insight into his personality I think.

AngeloV
05-22-2013, 05:00 AM
Nah, you're just my first guess whenever I suspect someone might get upset. ;)

LOL. I can see that.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8