PDA

View Full Version : Argos add QB Gale-Release QB Brink

gilthethrill
05-17-2013, 06:45 AM
MISSISSAUGA - The Toronto Argonauts Football Club is pleased to announce it has signed import QB Mitchell Gale (http://argonauts.ca/roster/show/id/6137).
Gale, a 23 year-old quarterback out of Abilene Christian, threw for nearly 3,000 yards in his senior season. He completed 60% of his passes and added more than 20 touchdowns in just 11 games. Over his four years with the Wildcats, Gale accumulated over 12,000 passing yards and 97 touchdowns in 45 games. Most recently, he attended mini-camp with the NFL’s St. Louis Rams.
The Toronto Argonauts also announced today that import QB Alex Brink has been released.

I thought we would have kept Brink around as experience behind Ricky, then leave him exposed for the Ottawa expansion draft in December.

argotom
05-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I do not understand the Brink release?
Why sign him a few weeks before and then cut him without giving his an opportunity to show.
Unless and I do not recall whether he attended the mini camp in Florida and is the release based on his performance.
That would make sense.

1argoholic
05-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Our third and foth stringers showed more than Brink last year. I think they are confident enough in what we have. Add another young qb to bring along and we are now the QB factory for the league. haha. I hope!!!

ArgoRavi
05-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I do not understand the Brink release?
Why sign him a few weeks before and then cut him without giving his an opportunity to show.
Unless and I do not recall whether he attended the mini camp in Florida and is the release based on his performance.
That would make sense.

Brink did appear at the mini-camp but I suspect that they simply like Gale better.

ArgoGabe22
05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
This could very well be a move to sign Arceneaux. Having 3 rookies is a cheaper alternative, who knows what Brink would have made.

bluto
05-17-2013, 03:03 PM
This could very well be a move to sign Arceneaux. Having 3 rookies is a cheaper alternative, who knows what Brink would have made.

hadn't considered that... but i like the way you think.
*thumbsup.gif

argolio
05-17-2013, 03:14 PM
And the jockeying for training camp spots continues.

Ron
05-17-2013, 06:40 PM
They decided there was no need for an "truly open competition" for the #1 QB slot.

OV Argo
05-19-2013, 10:33 PM
They decided there was no need for an "truly open competition" for the #1 QB slot.

Gee - ya figure? - Brink was going to push Ray for the starting job?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8