PDA

View Full Version : IFAF Championship

OV Argo
02-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Junior (19 and under i think) match-up pitting a USA all-star team vs. "Team World" (a bunch of Canadians supplemented by some players from other countries that play some American rules football) - was held this past week; the World team built up a big lead and held on for a win vs. the American team - World team coached by Greg Marshall (ex- much mailigned Ticat HC "kollege coach" and current HC at Western); Manitoba Bisons RB Coombs - CIS al-star this past season - was the star of the game, with a lot of rushing yardage and a couple of TDs.

Canada - sort of - avenges a loss to the US in the Senior International challenge game last summer. But mind you - the Candian Junior team had beaten the Americans several times at the former Global Junior Championships that used to be held during Super Bowl week.

Precious little media coverage of this i guess football non-event; the IFAF has a website where you can see a recap of the game. The USA losing at "their game" to some uppity foreigners? - i don't get it?

:confused:

Argocister
02-03-2012, 11:25 PM
This was the first year the "world" team beat the USA at this age group. The USA team were all high school students under the age of 19 , many of which signed with their respective colleges that day.
The "world" team had a good number of Canadians, of these about 6 signed with NCAA teams for next year. Their were some players that were in university in Canada, but within the age limit. It was good to see the level of play the Canadians and other World players brought to the field. Good sign for more Canadian, and CIS players up and coming to the Argos et al.

1argoholic
02-04-2012, 12:18 AM
A local Victoria highschooler Terrell Davis played at Mt Douglas Highschool and in one of these events last year. He just signed on to go to Arizona St. He's a terrific rb. Wally most likely already has his eyes on him. I saw him play a few years back and he was like a little pro back then.

KCargosfan
02-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Maybe they were hungover?

marcwagz
02-07-2012, 09:40 AM
wow, this Will Finch, 17 year old canadian kid, looks pretty amazing...
75 yard td pass?

Where is he going to college?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8