PDA

View Full Version : Most Improved Team So Far - - Argos By A Landslide

Area 51
02-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Even if Toronto doesn't sign a single FA, the team and coaches are much improved. No other team has come close to the kind of upgrades Toronto has made so far. Actually, I think the other 7 teams are much weaker now than they were at the end of the season.

BC - - Lose their best defender (Elimimian) and best OLineman (Olafioye).

EDM - - Lose their franchise QB.

CAL - - Lose their DC.

SASK - - Lose their best defensive player (Freeman).

HAM - - Lose their emotional leader & starting RB (Cobourn) and starting NI G (Rottier).

WPG - - Lose the defensive leader (Brown).

MTL - - Lose their OC and DC.

Obviously some teams agre going to improve after Feb 16, but everyone can't sign Fantuz.

Will
02-04-2012, 11:02 AM
The Tiger-Cats have also lost Thigpen (temporarily) to a tryout with the Dolphins.

However, the off-season will heat up after 02/16 as you said so this might change before the season starts.

294life
02-04-2012, 12:21 PM
It'll be nice to watch the argos Not blow for a change. :sick:

backer@oldclarke
02-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Yea, Toronto for sure, but still more pieces of the puzzle so to speak yet to be signed. In B.C.; Randy Melvin - D-Line coach has resigned to pursue an NFL offer with the Dolphins that he couldn't turn down. Edmonton with the signing of Rottier will be O.K.; thus the coaches must work with Jyles capabilities too however.

Oarsman
02-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I am a little cautious about claiming the Argonauts as the most improved team...yet. Milanovich is still unproven as a headcoach. Let's hope Ricky Ray does not fall into the same category as Tracy Hamm when he was with Toronto. We still need receivers and we have a ton of FA of our own to sign.

Will
02-04-2012, 08:05 PM
I am a little cautious about claiming the Argonauts as the most improved team...yet. Milanovich is still unproven as a headcoach. Let's hope Ricky Ray does not fall into the same category as Tracy Hamm when he was with Toronto. We still need receivers and we have a ton of FA of our own to sign.

For all the Tracy Hams out there; there are also Condredge Holloways, Matt Dunigans, Doug Fluties and Damon Allens that were successful for the Argonauts. The key will be to retain Ray for longer than we kept the other quarterbacks. Still your point about Milanovich is truthful, and there is a good portion of the off-season to go, but Area 51 does acknowledge that in his initial post.

ArgoRavi
02-04-2012, 09:07 PM
As of right now have to give the Argos the lead, but FA is only 12 days away and a lot can happen. IMO every other team looks to be improving and the Als look like they're going to fall hard, the end of an Era I suppose.

On the surface, the Als do appear to have more problems than they have had in many years but I am hesitant to conclude that their era of success is about to end when they have Jim Popp as their GM and Anthony Calvillo as their QB still.

1argoholic
02-05-2012, 01:37 AM
I need to hear more signings like a quality second string qb and some more receivers.

KCargosfan
02-05-2012, 11:57 PM
On the surface, the Als do appear to have more problems than they have had in many years but I am hesitant to conclude that their era of success is about to end when they have Jim Popp as their GM and Anthony Calvillo as their QB still.

And they have the best set of receivers in the league, imo.

OV Argo
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
And they have the best set of receivers in the league, imo.

Watkins just retired there; and while the Als have Richardson & SJ Green - maybe the best 1-2 punch in the CFL as slotbacks, the rest of their receiving corps is now pretty average or not that proven IMO; and not near what they were when Cahoon & Watkins were key parts.

It is an interesting poll / question though - re best CFL team receiving corps. I think I'd vote for the Stamps group - with 3 veteran thouand yard season guys (Lewis, Rambo, Bryant) and some young talent (Forzani, Arthur, Talley, Parker, + just added Bauman (who IMO is not the write-off some believe)). BC's group includes a couple of real proven vets (Simon & Bruce) + some good young guys; the Ticats unveiled some very impressive young guys from last season to go along with a clutch vet like Stala; and the Riders - IF they get Fantuz and Bagg back to go with Dressler & Getzlaf, Koch - are right up there too.

And bringing up the rear (unfortunately hands down at this point IMO) would be the Argos corps; BUT - that could change by the start of the new regular season - I hope.

KCargosfan
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Watkins just retired there; and while the Als have Richardson & SJ Green - maybe the best 1-2 punch in the CFL as slotbacks, the rest of their receiving corps is now pretty average or not that proven IMO; and not near what they were when Cahoon & Watkins were key parts.

It is an interesting poll / question though - re best CFL team receiving corps. I think I'd vote for the Stamps group - with 3 veteran thouand yard season guys (Lewis, Rambo, Bryant) and some young talent (Forzani, Arthur, Talley, Parker, + just added Bauman (who IMO is not the write-off some believe)). BC's group includes a couple of real proven vets (Simon & Bruce) + some good young guys; the Ticats unveiled some very impressive young guys from last season to go along with a clutch vet like Stala; and the Riders - IF they get Fantuz and Bagg back to go with Dressler & Getzlaf, Koch - are right up there too.

And bringing up the rear (unfortunately hands down at this point IMO) would be the Argos corps; BUT - that could change by the start of the new regular season - I hope.

To each his own but I'll take Richardson, Green, London, Deslauriers and some 5th guy along with Calvillo and go into battle.

Though if I could have only 1 WR in the league I'd probably take Fred Stamps narrowly over Richardson.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8