PDA

View Full Version : Advice for the Fords

ArgoRavi
05-25-2013, 04:09 PM
I think that Rob and Doug Ford should hire Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos as a consultant. Anthopolous fields mediocre teams year in and year out and yet gets very little criticism from the Toronto media. Surely, he could provide the Fords with some help on how to avoid the bad press that they receive.

Mulder
05-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Seems like sound advice. 50 games in and 10 back. During their recent "surge" the media went gaga over (going 7-3 in last 10 prior to this series) they only managed to gain 1.5 on the top in division. At that rate they should be rounding into form about January/February of 2014.

1argoholic
05-26-2013, 01:34 AM
NOt a fan of the Ford bros but if Rob was a crackhead he's bucked the trend in a big way. He's the only fat crackhead that still has fair teeth. I think it must have been a pot pipe followed by a feeding frenzie at some fast food chain.

I agree with Ravi's comments. When everyone called the Jays front runners before the season started I could see this thios type of year unfolding. You can't buy a new team and expect to rip the league up. Maybe sod in the dome will help. haha.

Argo57
05-26-2013, 09:24 AM
As it turns out "Tommy Boy" is the life story of Rob Ford. As for the Blue Jays after this season they could be left with a bunch of over priced aging stiffs that they will have trouble unloading, kind of makes you long for the days when Pat Gillick was in charge , the guy had the golden touch!!
On the bright side Toronto is still the city of champion.

argolio
05-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Advice? Rob should probably stop smoking crack. Or if he can't stop, he should get someone to buy crack for him so he can smoke it at home instead of visiting the crack dealer and smoking the crack at the dealer's home. That would also greatly reduce the possibility of getting filmed smoking crack by his crack dealer (or by a member of his posse).

Doug should probably consider the possibility that the provincial Conservatives will tell him they don't want him to run in the next provincial election.

Wobbler
05-27-2013, 09:35 PM
FWIW, I'm >4Mm from Toronto and in a different country, but I've heard Rob Ford's name mentioned more than once this week.

This (http://i.imgur.com/wypOHQt.jpg) is one of the reasons. Oh my...

1argoholic
05-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Nice picture of the loser right after a huge hit on the pipe. He's all clASS!

Midnight Blue
05-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Nice picture of the loser right after a huge hit on the pipe. He's all clASS!

In the entire history of civilization, a left-winger has never, not once won a political argument
against a right-winger.

Hence the natural response of lefties, for name-calling, and making fun of an opponents appearance.

For those unfamiliar with Toronto local politics, we kicked out the left in a 51-37% Mayoral election, which Mayor Rob Ford won, practically a landslide.

But keep talking, guys.

Your level of class is becoming apparent.

1argoholic, you are a disappointment.

Kozak blood? Not a chance.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Bloody Ti-Cat fan. Eat any good books lately?"

T-Bone
05-28-2013, 02:34 PM
In the entire history of civilization, a left-winger has never, not once won a political argument
against a right-winger.

Hence the natural response of lefties, for name-calling, and making fun of an opponents appearance.

For those unfamiliar with Toronto local politics, we kicked out the left in a 51-37% Mayoral election, which Mayor Rob Ford won, practically a landslide.

But keep talking, guys.

http://torontoist.com/attachments/toronto_david/2010ElectionResults.gif

I live in the purple part. I couldn't care less if Ford is smoking crack or not, what has he actually done as mayor? Cut the vehicle tax and found out that all that "gravy" he was going on about, didn't exist. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Will
05-28-2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2013/02/22/the-flip-side-of-ford-philip-preville/

I (http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2013/02/22/the-flip-side-of-ford-philip-preville/) found this article to be interesting.

Problem is he has no idea how to handle it whenever one of these scandals pops up.

Midnight Blue
05-28-2013, 03:17 PM
The gravy train doesn't exist anymore.

Mayor Ford restored fiscal (monetary) sanity to City Hall, and the budget eventually had a surplus, instead of a deficit. Ford kept Toronto from approaching bankruptcy. He got rid of the vehicle registration tax, and the home transfer tax, and will be here to prevent the left from imposing new taxes and road tolls. He got rid of the Jarvis bike-lanes, which along with Dundas East and Dupont (which still exist) were simply meant to make it harder for cars to get around. Ford suggested that bike lanes should be built where they make sense (like Sherbourne, which was already planned, and now implimented). He ended the "war on the car". This war has been going on since the Eighties, when City Hall decided not to add an off-on ramp directly to the Skydome, since in their words, "it would encourage more cars."

We live in a democracy. Rob Ford is our point-man for sanity, funny as that may sound.

Sure, he looks, and sometimes acts goofy.

Personally, I wouldn't care if he was a cross-dressing transvestite, as long as he got the job done.

And there has been no evidence yet, of crack-smoking, only allegations.

The "group" responsible for get donations, has now well over the $200,000.- asked by the owners of the supposed video. But the sellers seem to have disappeared. If the video is real, then Mayor Ford should resign. Though if the video is real, he was probably just sharing some pot with some locals.

Oh and I live Downtown too.

Ka' Pla !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T-Bone
05-28-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2013/02/22/the-flip-side-of-ford-philip-preville/

I (http://www.torontolife.com/informer/features/2013/02/22/the-flip-side-of-ford-philip-preville/) found this article to be interesting.

Problem is he has no idea how to handle it whenever one of these scandals pops up.
Thank you. It was nice to read something relevant instead of the sideshow circus that has been going on at city hall the last two weeks. That crap is getting quite tiresome.

He got rid of the home transfer tax.
Not yet.

Midnight Blue
05-28-2013, 03:25 PM

Just read that. Thanks, Argofan87. And good luck with your studies!

EDIT : I was wondering about the Home/Land Transfer Tax, T-Bone. I knew it was delayed, but thought it was eliminated. Hopefully soon.

--------------------------------------------------------

Midnight Blue
05-28-2013, 03:54 PM
By the way, 1argoholic :

I may have been severe in the last line of my previous comment toward you.

While I considered for a split-second deleting it, I decided to let it stand,

since it came out of my mouth.

At the very least, you owe me a shot or boot to my head, for questioning your blood/lineage;

If you prefer (since dueling has been outlawed in Canada for quite some time), I have a pair

of foam-covered Japanese practice swords (as well as several real bokken), or can get a pair

of Kendo bamboo-swords.

(By the way, a famous Japanese Swordsman, once won a real duel against a real opponent
wielding a real sword, by using only a bokken, which he carved out of an oar, on his way across
a lake, to the fight.)

And one can always call a duel, a "friendly sword-practise." If someone gets hurt - oh well.

This is the way they got around the law before.

In any case, since I opened my mouth, I am prepared to face to consequences.

Ka' Pla !

argolio
05-28-2013, 11:01 PM
against a right-winger.

For those unfamiliar with Toronto local politics, we kicked out the left in a 51-37% Mayoral election, which Mayor Rob Ford won, practically a landslide.That depends on if you think Ford really is a conservative. I think he's a populist, and just tells people what they want to hear using simple soundbites. Not unlike PC leader Tim Hudak and NDP leader Andrea Horwath provincially.

And for the record, it was Ford 47.1%, Smitherman 35.6%, and Panatalone 11.7%, which may be a landslide (no clear definition exists), but the only definitively left candidate was Pantalone.

The gravy train doesn't exist anymore.

Mayor Ford restored fiscal (monetary) sanity to City Hall, and the budget eventually had a surplus, instead of a deficit. Ford kept Toronto from approaching bankruptcy. He got rid of the vehicle registration tax, and the home transfer tax, and will be here to prevent the left from imposing new taxes and road tolls. He got rid of the Jarvis bike-lanes, which along with Dundas East and Dupont (which still exist) were simply meant to make it harder for cars to get around. Ford suggested that bike lanes should be built where they make sense (like Sherbourne, which was already planned, and now implimented). He ended the "war on the car". This war has been going on since the Eighties, when City Hall decided not to add an off-on ramp directly to the Skydome, since in their words, "it would encourage more cars."

We live in a democracy. Rob Ford is our point-man for sanity, funny as that may sound.

Sure, he looks, and sometimes acts goofy.

Personally, I wouldn't care if he was a cross-dressing transvestite, as long as he got the job done.

And there has been no evidence yet, of crack-smoking, only allegations.

The "group" responsible for get donations, has now well over the $200,000.- asked by the owners of the supposed video. But the sellers seem to have disappeared. If the video is real, then Mayor Ford should resign. Though if the video is real, he was probably just sharing some pot with some locals.

Oh and I live Downtown too.By law the operating budget must be balanced. You can argue Ford slowed down the rate of increase in spending, but he hasn't kept Toronto from bankruptcy for the simple reason that we were never even close to approaching bankruptcy.

Yeah, we live in a democracy, which means Council is the ultimate arbiter. Ford tried to bypass Council and rule through his executive committee too many times, and in the end democracy revolted and bit Ford on his derriere. Ford's failure as mayor has been his inability to create a winning coalition in Council, or to even try and do that. And he really mishandled the transit issue.

The problem with the video is Ford's known stance on drug users is diametrically opposed to what is alleged to be on the video. It's also not "some locals" on the video but, allegedly, hardcore drug dealers.

Though I bet Ford will not resign even if the video turns up and is proven to be legit.

Midnight Blue
05-28-2013, 11:42 PM
That depends on if you think Ford really is a conservative. I think he's a populist, and just tells people what they want to hear using simple soundbites. Not unlike PC leader Tim Hudak and NDP leader Andrea Horwath provincially.

And for the record, it was Ford 47.1%, Smitherman 35.6%, and Panatalone 11.7%, which may be a landslide (no clear definition exists), but the only definitively left candidate was Pantalone.

By law the operating budget must be balanced. You can argue Ford slowed down the rate of increase in spending, but he hasn't kept Toronto from bankruptcy for the simple reason that we were never even close to approaching bankruptcy.

Yeah, we live in a democracy, which means Council is the ultimate arbiter. Ford tried to bypass Council and rule through his executive committee too many times, and in the end democracy revolted and bit Ford on his derriere. Ford's failure as mayor has been his inability to create a winning coalition in Council, or to even try and do that. And he really mishandled the transit issue.

The problem with the video is Ford's known stance on drug users is diametrically opposed to what is alleged to be on the video. It's also not "some locals" on the video but, allegedly, hardcore drug dealers.

Though I bet Ford will not resign even if the video turns up and is proven to be legit.

Mayor Rob Ford won at 51%, unless the numbers were subsequently revised downward, after the election. I'll look into it, not that it really matters.

As for being a Conservative, if Rob Ford isn't a Conservative, then I don't know who is.

And it is great the the budget must be balanced by law, for if that is true, then this is the first time that the budget has been balanced by law, for a small eternity.

As for creating a "winning coalition" on Council, Mayor Ford would do a lot better without a bunch of disruptive, vengeful, self-entitled, obstructive lefty councillors, opposing him at every move.

The people of Toronto are not unaware of this. I suspect he will be re-elected with an even greater percentage of the vote. We Conservatives do not answer telephone polls. Most of us work for a living, or run businesses.

Bring on the next election !

Ka' Pla !

Mulder
05-29-2013, 09:29 AM
http://torontoist.com/attachments/toronto_david/2010ElectionResults.gif

I live in the purple part. I couldn't care less if Ford is smoking crack or not, what has he actually done as mayor? Cut the vehicle tax and found out that all that "gravy" he was going on about, didn't exist. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Argofan87's post and article outline it pretty clear. The stuff you don't see published anywhere has saved the City tens of millions of not more. There was no single source of gravy.
Beside's IMO,I think more people voted for Rob Ford for his Subway's platform, which was voted down by council, not the mayor.

Will
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
The part I agree with the most in that article is that the last thing Toronto needs is the other extreme (Olivia Chow); she might not come with the baggage that Ford did, but the map that T-Bone posted is very telling and very truthful. The suburbs won't be fond of Chow just as the inner city isn't fond about Ford.

argolio
05-30-2013, 12:11 AM
And it is great the the budget must be balanced by law, for if that is true, then this is the first time that the budget has been balanced by law, for a small eternity.

As for creating a "winning coalition" on Council, Mayor Ford would do a lot better without a bunch of disruptive, vengeful, self-entitled, obstructive lefty councillors, opposing him at every move.

The people of Toronto are not unaware of this. I suspect he will be re-elected with an even greater percentage of the vote. We Conservatives do not answer telephone polls. Most of us work for a living, or run businesses.All municipal operating (and school) budgets are balanced everywhere in Ontario. They were under Miller, and they were under Lastman. How they get balanced at the end of the fiscal year might differ -- at times Lastman, Miller, and even Ford got advances from Queen's Park to balance the books.

Ford, like any mayor, only gets one of 45 votes in Council. His obligation as mayor is to create coalitions on Council no matter who is there. There isn't the party politics of Ottawa or Queen's Park where you can get your entire agenda passed with a majority government. Municipal government is different. Mayors have to be able to work the room and twist some arms.

As for the next election, let's see who runs first.

Argofan87's post and article outline it pretty clear. The stuff you don't see published anywhere has saved the City tens of millions of not more. There was no single source of gravy.
Beside's IMO,I think more people voted for Rob Ford for his Subway's platform, which was voted down by council, not the mayor.Transit was a factor, but by far the "gravy" issue and the backlash from the garbage strike were the main reasons Ford won.

Ford signed an M.O.U. (Memorandum of Understanding) transit agreement with the province in 2011. It specified that Council had to vote on it but Ford never brought it to Council. He foolishly thought he could run transit from his executive committee. And in 2011 Ford was actually winning votes.

By the time 2012 came, Council was worried the province would pull $8.4 billion of transit funding, so they voted to revive the plan that was approved by the previous Council. Rob Ford has been in a tailspin ever since.

Ron
05-30-2013, 01:32 AM
I may have been severe in the last line of my previous comment toward you.

While I considered for a split-second deleting it, I decided to let it stand,

since it came out of my mouth.

I always assumed you typed with your tongue.

1argoholic
05-30-2013, 03:14 PM
For anyone's interest who wants to believe what they believe about my political background. I voted PC for years and years until my party started to lean the wrong way. Since moving west I've voted Consevative once until I realized what religious bumpkin Harper was all about and then I tossed my vote Green.
Provincially we basically have NDP and Liberal. I'll never vote NDP so I vote Liberal. A vote for the Greens as in our last election of a few weeks back would have helped the communist NDP. My views.
I'm basically a guy without a party. If the PC's stayed around rather than going so Conservative I'd still be a big PC supporter.

I just think Rob Ford is a joke and can't understand how this guy is mayor of the biggest city in Canada.

Midnight can you honestly say by looking at the photo that Ford isn't hopped up on drugs or booze. Look at that cartoon character. I may have been born in TO but I lived the forst 40 years of my life in Mississauga with
the majority of that having a great major in Hazel, once she got off the bottle years ago. I don't care what Fords political affiliations are, He's a DICK!

I HATE ALL POLITITIANS!! DORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Canadian!

No shortage of boozers on both my Ukrainian and Belorussian sides. I can see a piss tank from a mile away. Ford is that! Along with a crackhead!

Midnight Blue
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
I always assumed you typed with your tongue.

Ron,

I appreciate your response, Sir.

I have always considered this to be a conversational forum,

And have always responded as such, as opposed to thinking out a thesis.

Cheers !

For anyone's interest who wants to believe what they believe about my political background. I voted PC for years and years until my party started to lean the wrong way. Since moving west I've voted Consevative once until I realized what religious bumpkin Harper was all about and then I tossed my vote Green.
Provincially we basically have NDP and Liberal. I'll never vote NDP so I vote Liberal. A vote for the Greens as in our last election of a few weeks back would have helped the communist NDP. My views.
I'm basically a guy without a party. If the PC's stayed around rather than going so Conservative I'd still be a big PC supporter.

I just think Rob Ford is a joke and can't understand how this guy is mayor of the biggest city in Canada.

Midnight can you honestly say by looking at the photo that Ford isn't hopped up on drugs or booze. Look at that cartoon character. I may have been born in TO but I lived the forst 40 years of my life in Mississauga with
the majority of that having a great major in Hazel, once she got off the bottle years ago. I don't care what Fords political affiliations are, He's a DICK!

I HATE ALL POLITITIANS!! DORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Canadian!

No shortage of boozers on both my Ukrainian and Belorussian sides. I can see a piss tank from a mile away. Ford is that! Along with a crackhead!

Thank you for your gracious response, Sir.

I know from your previous posts, that you were a former PC (Progressive Conservative).

Perhaps this is why I am so hard on you.

In fact, while there are many elements in our/my party that exhibit religious elements,

the party is not composed of this. Maybe 20-25%.

Harper, in fact is an economist.

While we (Conservatives) need all aspects of our party to vote for us to succeed (as do the Left),

we are still moderated by common sense.

And by our respect for our Military.

And by our commitment to keep taxes low, and to have less government in our lives.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
06-03-2013, 06:08 AM
I just wanted to add, that if I was a Rob Ford adviser, I would discourage him from many things.

First, do not itch, or scratch your ass in public.

This is the purvue of the Left .

And they don't want others to be as silly as them .

Don't ever fart. Ever. Nor burp , or especially vomit in public .

Just be yourself , and enjoy your brilliance .

While we realize that fat phukers and midgets/dwarfs should be radically exterminated at birth,

we are prepared to make an exception .

The people of Toronto voted for you , because you deliver .

Don't let us down .

1argoholic
06-05-2013, 12:27 AM
I thought that his brother delivered and Rob just smoked it.

argolio
06-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Now there's a song about Rob. Even if you're not fond of the lyrics, the tune is kind of catchy.
http://shitfromhell.bandcamp.com/track/mayor-on-crack

Produced by Martin Deller, the drummer for 70s/80s band FM, who I once saw opening for Rush.

1argoholic
06-06-2013, 12:56 AM
I love punk. The words could be better but hell it's old school kinda punk. Now I'll be singing We've Got A Major On Crack all day tomorrow.

Midnight Blue
06-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I thought that his brother delivered and Rob just smoked it.

Now that's funny !!

You'd think these shenanigans would at least give the brothers some instant "street cred".

Just like when former Conservative MP Rahim Jaffer got caught with a bag of coke in his pocket ... probably helped us get our Majority.

In any case, the left has yet to crack the armour of our heroes....

Ka' Pla !

I love punk. The words could be better but hell it's old school kinda punk. Now I'll be singing We've Got A Major On Crack all day tomorrow.

That is a catchy tune !

Though they got at least a few of the lyrics wrong :

Our Mayor (or Major, which are both appropriate -- Major sings betterly) protects, not steals,

taxpayers' funds!

As a closet Punk, and closet Goth (Gothic Punk), and Kick Ass Rock 'n' Roller, I love the music !

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
06-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Eric Clapton, Cocaine : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYS732zyYfU

Hell on Wheels : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z08zZ1xW9Yw

Field Trip !!

Cool : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OCm7vRSRg

1argoholic
06-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Classic! I love to laugh and those two always delivered. Brings back tons of memories.

Midnight Blue
06-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Classic! I love to laugh and those two always delivered. Brings back tons of memories.

I agree. Memories of tomorrow, are made of what we say today.

This applies to both Cheech and Chong, and, well, our favourite bros, the Fords !

I think the more the media puts them down, the stronger their base becomes.

Ka' Pla !

ArgoRavi
10-31-2013, 01:27 PM
It looks like the police have the infamous tape of Rob Ford engaging in some drug-taking behaviour. If he has drug/alcohol problems, I do hope that he gets the help that he needs.

1argoholic
10-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Glad I don't live in Toronto to have Rob 'The Pipe' Ford as my mayor. He'll fight to the end until he's getting it up the end. Feel sorry for his future cell mate.

argolio
10-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Advice? Be a man and quit! Because it's over.

LLB997
10-31-2013, 05:03 PM
against a right-winger.

But keep talking, guys.

Cool story bro

1argoholic
10-31-2013, 05:22 PM
It doesn't matter if one is PC, P, Lib, Pot Party, NDP, Green or whatever other party exsists. They're all polititians and all suck. Rob Ford just likes to suck the pipe. You know what they say, where's there's smoke there's fire but in this case, where's there's smoke, there's Ford and his glass pipe.
I don't have any repect for those who play the political game. They are all out for one thing and that's a few years of slinging bs to the masses followed by a nice pension.

ArgoRavi
10-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Rob Ford really does need to resign immediately. He is not doing anyone, including himself, any good by trying to carry on as mayor as though all is fine.

Argo57
11-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Rob Ford really does need to resign immediately. He is not doing anyone, including himself, any good by trying to carry on as mayor as though all is fine.

"Tommy Boy" got caught and should move on!

T-Bone
11-01-2013, 09:07 AM
He's not going to because he is far too stubborn for that. I honestly think he believed that he could make the video disappear and everything would work out for him because he is that arrogant. I also highly doubt he will be going to jail because the video alone is not enough to convict him on. He appears to have been smart enough to leave only circumstantial evidence around that his lawyers would be able to raise enough reasonable doubt around, that Ford would be found legally not guilty if he does get charged with anything. Unfortunately he is probably going to finish his term. I just hope to hell the people that voted for him now realize his incompetence to lead the City of Toronto and don't vote for him again. If he gets re-elected I may have to move out of this city.

1argoholic
11-01-2013, 09:43 AM
T bone your bang on. I just hope that the city gets to see the video one day just to hear his racial and homophobic comments that were also on the tape. If people have no issue with him obviously smoking crack then perhaps the comments alone could sink him. Toronto just happens to be the most multicultural city in the world as well as having one of the largest gay populations. So the mayor gets all doped up and tells how he really feels. This isn't one political belief against another as some make it out to be. It doesn't matter what your political views are, if you can't see that Ford is a mess and needs to go then somethings wrong.
Just as in the days of Ben Johnson and so many others that try to deny obvious misgivings this will all come out in the wash one day. I think the story will get bigger before long it goes away. How can this guy show up for work daily and put his mug infront of the people.
He'd be further ahead if he owned up to everything.

AngeloV
11-01-2013, 10:44 AM
He's not going to because he is far too stubborn for that. I honestly think he believed that he could make the video disappear and everything would work out for him because he is that arrogant. I also highly doubt he will be going to jail because the video alone is not enough to convict him on. He appears to have been smart enough to leave only circumstantial evidence around that his lawyers would be able to raise enough reasonable doubt around, that Ford would be found legally not guilty if he does get charged with anything. Unfortunately he is probably going to finish his term. I just hope to hell the people that voted for him now realize his incompetence to lead the City of Toronto and don't vote for him again. If he gets re-elected I may have to move out of this city.

I totally agree with you. When you think about it, it's pretty sad that a few on here supported him because of his admiration of football. Personally, I think he should step down. The worst thing is not even the fact that he may have smoked crack, but the really shady people he seems to have ties with. I have a feeling that when he is eventually out of city hall, you will see him and his brother (whom I consider to be even worse than him) move down to the city they are in love with (Chicago) and just run their family business never to be heard from in these parts again. To quote Andrew Harris, "good riddance".

And for all the "left wing" vs "right wing" BS, a good person is a good person no matter what his political affiliations are. The Ford brothers are not good people.

T-Bone
11-01-2013, 11:20 AM
This isn't one political belief against another as some make it out to be. It doesn't matter what your political views are, if you can't see that Ford is a mess and needs to go then somethings wrong.

And for all the "left wing" vs "right wing" BS, a good person is a good person no matter what his political affiliations are. The Ford brothers are not good people.
I agree with you both on this. Politically there are some things Ford has done that I agree with and some (probably most) that I don't. Being a mayor is not just about politics, it's also about representing the city you work for and in that regard he has done nothing but make us look like a joke. Leiweke's "Tommy Boy" comment wasn't far off. Rob Ford is the George W. Bush of mayors. I also agree with you AngeloV that the Ford brothers are not good people and that Doug is even worse than Rob. I think Doug actually believes he was elected co-mayor and pretty much is. I'm sure we are going to hear a lot more incriminating stuff about these two before all is said and done. I find this article interesting (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/clayton-ruby-toronto-police-botched-rob-ford-probe-1.2304315) and I'm not a big fan of Chief Blair after the way he handled the G20 and the after math of that in this city. Also this is interesting for other reasons: Did Mayor Rob Ford call a radio show claiming to be "Ian from Etobicoke?" (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/did-mayor-rob-ford-call-radio-show-claiming-131527399.html)

Will
11-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I think he should resign. It doesn't really matter to me anymore if he's done certain good things as mayor. As T-Bone says he's done some good things and some bad things. It's not much different from an athlete like Robert Baker, for example, who was a descent enough as a player, but his off-field position made things untenable. But, he has no concept of dealing with the media. Yes, I would grant him that the Toronto Star probably has an agenda as far as he is concerned, but the way he has dealt with them doesn't help him either.

If he should resign it is really interesting as to what the aftermath would be. The city is very divided in terms of what the old City of Toronto wants versus what Scarborough, North York and Etobicoke want. For Ford to depart only to be replaced by Vaughn or Chow wouldn't help either but that's a different topic I guess.

1argoholic
11-01-2013, 10:30 PM
The news just keeps coming daily. City Hall security e-mail was made public today noting an incident where a heavily intoxicated Rob Ford ended up back at City Hall on St. Patty's Day very late at night. He was swearing a blue streak, pretty much the usual when it comes to this very messed up man and his family. Between him and his brother it's like they never left grade 9 behind. His lawyer was mad that the tape wasn't just shown to the public. I'd love to see it and hear it. That would and should be the final nail for this right off.

ArgoRavi
11-02-2013, 03:56 AM
The news just keeps coming daily. City Hall security e-mail was made public today noting an incident where a heavily intoxicated Rob Ford ended up back at City Hall on St. Patty's Day very late at night. He was swearing a blue streak, pretty much the usual when it comes to this very messed up man and his family. Between him and his brother it's like they never left grade 9 behind. His lawyer was mad that the tape wasn't just shown to the public. I'd love to see it and hear it. That would and should be the final nail for this right off.

How often has Ford been spotted out in public in an inebriated state? This guy so obviously has drug/alcohol problems that it isn't even funny anymore. How he can't see that he needs to resign or at least take a leave of absence is absolutely baffling. If the Argos win the Grey Cup again this year, this guy will be presiding over another victory celebration at which I am sure will be many catcalls.

ArgoZ
11-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Just curious. How can anyone give actual proof that it's crack in the pipe? Sure, dope is not good either, but in a few years when it becomes legal, we could look back and think it was all not a big deal.

1argoholic
11-02-2013, 12:54 PM
This is the mayor of the forth largest city in North America. Dude shouldn't be pissed or boned on drugs in public, let alone caught in video footage partying with known drug dealers and the like. Having only seen footage of crack pipes on Cops and numerous other similar shows I'm sure police officers know exactly what type of drug pipe and drug was in the pipe. Doubt pot can even be smoked by crack pipe methods.

ArgoRavi
11-02-2013, 02:20 PM
This is the mayor of the forth largest city in North America. Dude shouldn't be pissed or boned on drugs in public, let alone caught in video footage partying with known drug dealers and the like. Having only seen footage of crack pipes on Cops and numerous other similar shows I'm sure police officers know exactly what type of drug pipe and drug was in the pipe. Doubt pot can even be smoked by crack pipe methods.

And as you allude to, even if Ford wasn't smoking crack, does anyone really want their mayor hanging around with known drug dealers and criminals? And why is he doing that? Because they are such great company?

argolio
11-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Just curious. How can anyone give actual proof that it's crack in the pipe? Sure, dope is not good either, but in a few years when it becomes legal, we could look back and think it was all not a big deal.Apparently he was lighting it from underneath rather than the top, which means he was either smoking crack or meth.

LLB997
11-02-2013, 09:33 PM

sadly I know too many people in Toronto who enjoy the gong show that is Rob Ford. Their mentality being that they are all the same (which they are) so might as well have a few laughs at his expense which I admit I have been guilty of.
But now, if and when a choice is offered to give his job to someone who will spend their time serving the city and not defending personal choices day in and day out. I hope these people realize enough is enough, thanks for the laughs but its time to take Toronto's best interest to heart.

ArgoZ
11-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Apparently he was lighting it from underneath rather than the top, which means he was either smoking crack or meth.

Thanks for the extra info. I will wait to see how everything plays out. It is interesting how some people react, sometimes hypocritical. They love to kick and trash someone when there down. I am not defending anyone, but people think this is the first politician to try cocaine, LOL. My own experiences with media, especially print, has taught me never to fully believe what you are told. I saw the movie Blackfish and I will still go to SeaWorld.

1argoholic
11-03-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm not a fan of politians in general but Ford is just a total jackass who I wouldn't let hold one of my shovels let alone run the forth largest city in North America. How does this huge dork think that's he's so untouchable and can get stoned and hammered in public all of the time. They have footage of him smoking crack, swearing at media, pissing beside his SUV in public. Come ON! This tool needs to go and I'm not sure who's voting for this fool but I'm glad I don't call Toronto home. He will eventually crash his SUV into someone and kill them while driving hammered. Will that finally open peoples eyes.

paulwoods13
11-03-2013, 01:26 PM
My own experiences with media, especially print, has taught me never to fully believe what you are told.

Do you apply that same standard to what politicians tell you?

AngeloV
11-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Apparently he was lighting it from underneath rather than the top, which means he was either smoking crack or meth.

Ummm....personal experience there Argolio? I for one would know nothing about such things.

argolio
11-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Ummm....personal experience there Argolio? I for one would know nothing about such things.Do you want your regular monthly shipment or not?

T-Bone
11-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Just curious. How can anyone give actual proof that it's crack in the pipe? Sure, dope is not good either, but in a few years when it becomes legal, we could look back and think it was all not a big deal.
That's exactly why he won't be charged because the video evidence alone is not good enough. All his lawyer has to do is create reasonable doubt which you have just done. Just because he is legally not guilty though doesn't mean he is not guilty. Do you believe O.J. is innocent?

Thanks for the extra info. I will wait to see how everything plays out. It is interesting how some people react, sometimes hypocritical. They love to kick and trash someone when there down. I am not defending anyone, but people think this is the first politician to try cocaine, LOL. My own experiences with media, especially print, has taught me never to fully believe what you are told. I saw the movie Blackfish and I will still go to SeaWorld.
How is holding the mayor of the City of Toronto to a standard hypocritical? I'm sure other politicians have done drugs and the drugs are just one aspect of the Mayor Ford gong show. I'm a little confused as to what Ford apologized for on Sunday. According to him the tape doesn't exist, no? Like I said before I'm sure more information about these Ford clowns is going to come out before all is said and done. Looks like Doug Ford is on the offensive again making himself look like the idiot he is. Doug Ford says Toronto police chief Blair should resign (http://www.citynews.ca/2013/11/05/doug-ford-says-toronto-police-chief-blair-should-resign/).

1argoholic
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
I like the fact that the Fords are all over Chief Blair for doing his job. Blair isn't the one doing drugs and acting like a huge fool in the public eye day by day. Rob Ford was blowing smoke and had to hide behind a mike in a studio to give some very lame apology. He won't admit crap. It'll all come out and both Fords will look even more foolish than they do now.

T-Bone
11-05-2013, 10:19 AM
I like the fact that the Fords are all over Chief Blair for doing his job. Blair isn't the one doing drugs and acting like a huge fool in the public eye day by day. Rob Ford was blowing smoke and had to hide behind a mike in a studio to give some very lame apology. He won't admit crap. It'll all come out and both Fords will look even more foolish than they do now.
They also know Blair can't release the tape at this time as it is evidence in a case before the courts. Unfortunately the case probably won't be before the courts until after the next election. I can only conclude that they believe by calling Blair out on releasing the tape and he not being able to do so, they think people may believe that the tape doesn't exist again. That's probably why Ford wasn't very specific in his "apology" to the people of Toronto.

Update: Breaking News: Mayor Ford admits he's smoked crack cocaine (http://www.citynews.ca/2013/11/05/mayor-ford-admits-hes-smoked-crack-cocaine/). Wow. I bet an adviser (other than his brother) told him that his "apology" on Sunday was weak and probably doing more harm than good. Confess and it might go away but that weak apology will just keep people questioning. Like I keep saying, I'm sure there are more "revelations" to come about Ford's credibility of character. Stay tuned. Same Ford time. Same Ford channel!

AngeloV
11-05-2013, 01:43 PM
They also know Blair can't release the tape at this time as it is evidence in a case before the courts. Unfortunately the case probably won't be before the courts until after the next election. I can only conclude that they believe by calling Blair out on releasing the tape and he not being able to do so, they think people may believe that the tape doesn't exist again. That's probably why Ford wasn't very specific in his "apology" to the people of Toronto.

Update: Breaking News: Mayor Ford admits he's smoked crack cocaine (http://www.citynews.ca/2013/11/05/mayor-ford-admits-hes-smoked-crack-cocaine/). Wow. I bet an adviser (other than his brother) told him that his "apology" on Sunday was weak and probably doing more harm than good. Confess and it might go away but that weak apology will just keep people questioning. Like I keep saying, I'm sure there are more "revelations" to come about Ford's credibility of character. Stay tuned. Same Ford time. Same Ford channel!

And of course Doug has gone on the offensive today calling Chief Blair bias in the investigation. As I said before, these are 2 really bad people, and it wouldn't surprise me if something even more serious comes out of this...perhaps how one of the guys in the crack video is no longer with us?

Ron
11-05-2013, 01:43 PM
It's hard to be a politician. They have to deal with a public that demands honesty ... but whenever you are honest with them they throw stones at you. So politicians learn that the public truly wants to be ... and deserve to be ... lied to.

And now we have a situation where Ford finally went against his advisers and told the truth (That he has some personal demons) as he probably wanted to from day one. And the stones will fly.

AngeloV
11-05-2013, 01:45 PM
It's hard to be a politician. They have to deal with a public that demands honesty ... but whenever you are honest with them they throw stones at you. So politicians learn that the public truly wants to be ... and deserve to be ... lied to.

And now we have a situation where Ford finally went against his advisers and told the truth (That he has some personal demons) as he probably wanted to from day one. And the stones will fly.

Wow..do you really believe what you just typed?

ArgoRavi
11-05-2013, 01:48 PM
He admitted to smoking crack while in a drunken stupor. I think that says it all.

paulwoods13
11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
It is amazing how people will defend the indefensible. Ford, a "law-and-order politician," has admitted to smoking crack cocaine in "one of" his drunken stupors. He had previously called allegations he used crack cocaine ridiculous, and said journalists who reported evidence to the contrary were lying maggots. He has been spotted by police urinating in public, and throwing away vodka bottles before getting into his car and driving. He has a history of lying about his behaviour, from being arrested for pot possession in Florida to a drunken tirade at a Leafs game. He shows up at the office for an hour or so many days, or not at all, and leaves important meetings to coach football. And on and on. And yet his supporters still rush to his defence. Amazing.

Wobbler
11-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Everyone who knows I used to live in Toronto has been asking me about the city and its "interesting" mayor this week. My impression is that this story is comparable to the Vancouver hockey riot, in terms of challenging the common perception of a city's merits.

paulwoods13
11-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Everyone who knows I used to live in Toronto has been asking me about the city and its "interesting" mayor this week. My impression is that this story is comparable to the Vancouver hockey riot, in terms of challenging the common perception of a city's merits.

Probably worse, because while the riot could be chalked up to a few hundred drunken idiots, the election of -- and increasing support for! -- one drunken idiot has to be chalked up to tens of thousands of citizens.

ArgoRavi
11-05-2013, 08:16 PM
It is amazing how people will defend the indefensible. Ford, a "law-and-order politician," has admitted to smoking crack cocaine in "one of" his drunken stupors. He had previously called allegations he used crack cocaine ridiculous, and said journalists who reported evidence to the contrary were lying maggots. He has been spotted by police urinating in public, and throwing away vodka bottles before getting into his car and driving. He has a history of lying about his behaviour, from being arrested for pot possession in Florida to a drunken tirade at a Leafs game. He shows up at the office for an hour or so many days, or not at all, and leaves important meetings to coach football. And on and on. And yet his supporters still rush to his defence. Amazing.

Yikes! That is quite the summation of Ford's antics, Paul. One thing that has been lost a little in all of this is the outstanding investigative journalism done by the Toronto Star and other outlets which turned out to be correct. The Fords owe the media, especially The Star, an apology but, when Rob won't even resign or take a leave of absence (which should be a "no-brainer"), I don't think that anyone will be holding their breath waiting for such an apology.

Wobbler
11-06-2013, 02:19 AM
the election of -- and increasing support for! -- one drunken idiot has to be chalked up to tens of thousands of citizens.
I'd like to believe that his popular support will quickly collapse in the face of the latest news, and that most of his influential/wealthy supporters will make it clear to Ford that they'll be backing someone else next year.

D-Gap-Willie
11-06-2013, 05:23 AM
I seldom enter into discussions like this, since I am now only a part-time resident of Canada, am politically inactive and don't live in a city, BUT ..............
For the second time recently Canada has made headline news on international television in Asia, alongside Syria, Congo, Iran and Egypt. Why ? Rob Ford's public admission of being a crackhead, and his refusal to resign. People here are appalled, keeping in mind that drugs are a very big deal in Asia. In most countries here, his admission would get him at least 10 to 15 years of being a prison 'boyfriend', in prisons that are truly nasty places.
The first time was a France 24 featurette on the plan by Trudeau's son to legalize marijuana.
Can't we get these idiots out of the limelight. I really don't enjoy the ridicule, and Canada deserves better in the world's view.

PS I am very happy though at Rob Ford's choice of attire for the pres conference. I'm so glad he wore his NFL logo tie instead of some Argo gear.

AngeloV
11-06-2013, 12:43 PM
PS I am very happy though at Rob Ford's choice of attire for the pres conference. I'm so glad he wore his NFL logo tie instead of some Argo gear.

True, but while the press was waiting for him to show up, his framed Argo jersey (#12 with his name on it) was there for everyone to see for what seemed like an eternity. I for one was embarassed as everyone in the office knows how big an Argo fan I am.

T-Bone
11-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm sure there are more "revelations" to come about Ford's credibility of character.
"I need f---in 10 minutes to make sure he's dead': New Rob Ford video surfaces. (http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/07/i-need-f---in-10-minutes-to-make-sure-hes-dead-new-rob-ford-video-surfaces)"

AngeloV
11-07-2013, 01:10 PM
"I need f---in 10 minutes to make sure he's dead': New Rob Ford video surfaces. (http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/07/i-need-f---in-10-minutes-to-make-sure-hes-dead-new-rob-ford-video-surfaces)"

We've played it in the office for the last 20 minutes or so. Can't help but wonder when this was filmed. Was it before his 2 crack "buddies" were shot (one of which is dead)?

ArgoRavi
11-07-2013, 01:25 PM
We've played it in the office for the last 20 minutes or so. Can't help but wonder when this was filmed. Was it before his 2 crack "buddies" were shot (one of which is dead)?

How can that be, AV? Ford is the "law and order" mayor, isn't he? I wonder if his biggest fan, Don Cherry, will devote any time to Ford on Saturday's Coach's Corner.

T-Bone
11-07-2013, 01:31 PM
The article does say:

A source close to the mayor confirmed it is Ford in the video and that it "looks a lot worse than it really is" since "he sometimes goes off on tangents" and a few minutes later everything is fine.
So, it could just be a typical day in the Ford office. Unfortunately there are CEO's of companies that go off in similar fashion. There are many people that have said Steve Jobs could be quite the tyrant in the office. Either way it should not be acceptable behavior from anyone in a place of business.

1argoholic
11-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Come on guys he was really really drunk. This stumbling gong show is a disgrace for everyone in Toronto. Who are the brain deads who still support this arse? He's so drunk that a skinny little dork could knock him over with a feather. Not exactly dropping fists of fury in that clip. What BS claim will his bro come up with now. How does his family stick by his side? His wife should be filing for divorce anytime now. It'll take something really special for any other future North American mayor to look so friggin messed up.
My uncle made it to Deputy Chief Of Police in the 70's and he's got to be rolling around in his grave to see how messed up Toronto has become.
I'm still floored that people would vote for Mr Crack Head.

AngeloV
11-07-2013, 02:48 PM
How can that be, AV? Ford is the "law and order" mayor, isn't he? I wonder if his biggest fan, Don Cherry, will devote any time to Ford on Saturday's Coach's Corner.

Oh RAvi..Now I can't wait for Saturday night at around 8.

My question is this? Who is more incoherent? Cherry, or Ford in this video?

I'm still floored that people would vote for Mr Crack Head.

Unfortunately most people seem to vote for political affiliation, rather than the actual candidate. I've heard of people selling the sizzle before, and in this cash it's obvious Ford himself ate the steak....and anything else he can get his hands on.

Deerkeeper
11-07-2013, 03:58 PM
We've played it in the office for the last 20 minutes or so. Can't help but wonder when this was filmed. Was it before his 2 crack "buddies" were shot (one of which is dead)?Before I watch it, please tell me that its not a sex video.

AngeloV
11-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Before I watch it, please tell me that its not a sex video.

No, It seems like a cross between a Hulk Hogan promo and a Joe Pesci (enter mob character here) rant.

D-Gap-Willie
11-08-2013, 03:21 AM
This man has done more harm to Canada, not just Toronto, than I could imagine one man doing. Yesterday, it was the presser admitting being a crackhead, across the world on television. Today, I endured about 40 seconds of video, running with the tag " Toronto Mayor's Drunken Rant" - this was on NewsAsia - Singapore. I don't knpw if it is the same video as others saw; Ford carrying on in the midst of some chairs, with a torontostar.com overlay.

The man is totally embarrassing. The announcer was having a hay day with it, talking about this " obese " drunken clown, with the "bleached blond white supremist haircut ". Ive had teasing phone calls from Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong and China about it - can't some one make him disappear.

Midnight Blue
11-08-2013, 04:56 AM
Well, on the bright side, I think that Toronto has finally become, a World Class City !

Welcome to the World, Toronto !

And all it took was one, slightly less-than-anorexic, Party Animal !

I wonder how many of those politicians, and media-politicians, who are calling for Mayor Ford to step down, ever had a toot/line (of coke/cocaine) at a party?

The hypocrisy is amusing.

Continue to keep our taxes down, Robbie; don't let bicycle lanes clog up this city, and keep your opponents' frivolous spending under control, Sir ... you will get my vote every time!

Just a regular Dude, who happens to be Mayor.

You were right, when you said we live in a Democracy, Sir.

The voters, not, the media, will decide.

Ka' Pla !

AngeloV
11-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Well, on the bright side, I think that Toronto has finally become, a World Class City !

Welcome to the World, Toronto !

And all it took was one, slightly less-than-anorexic, Party Animal !

I wonder how many of those politicians, and media-politicians, who are calling for Mayor Ford to step down, ever had a toot/line (of coke/cocaine) at a party?

The hypocrisy is amusing.

Continue to keep our taxes down, Robbie; don't let bicycle lanes clog up this city, and keep your opponents' frivolous spending under control, Sir ... you will get my vote every time!

Just a regular Dude, who happens to be Mayor.

You were right, when you said we live in a Democracy, Sir.

The voters, not, the media, will decide.

Ka' Pla !

Welcome back Midnight...although I disagree with your views on Jackass Ford, good to have you back.

Midnight Blue
11-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Welcome back Midnight...although I disagree with your views on Jackass Ford, good to have you back.

Thank you, Angelo.

Cheers !

Midnight Blue
11-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Actually, it is all our own fault (meaning Robbie and I, and other fellow and laddies, Conservatives).

Sure, being Conservatives, we share a heavy responsibility --- having to protect the World from Liberals and Socialists (not to mention, Communists) --- but why can't we have fun on weekends too?

Sure, we set a higher standard, but why does everyone get ticked off when we let our hair down?

As far as I'm con-cerned, the weekends are our own time.

As long as we show up for work on Monday, then what we do in our social life (yes, we have social lives), is nobody's freaking business.

Besides, Robbie, and I, are Football fans. Don't expect us to have the same resilience from stupidity, that, say, a Badminton, or Tiddly-Winks fan, would have.

Charge the net, Sir ! If you take down the whole front row of Titties, then others will step up to take their place.

Ka' Pla !

paulwoods13
11-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Sure, being Conservatives, we share a heavy responsibility --- having to protect the World from Liberals and Socialists (not to mention, Communists) --- but why can't we have fun on weekends too?

Sure, we set a higher standard, but why does everyone get ticked off when we let our hair down?

As long as we show up for work on Monday, then what we do in our social life (yes, we have social lives), is nobody's freaking business.

But here's the thing -- Ford has been doing this on taxpayers' time, not his own time. He has been out of city hall running around for clandestine meetings with a drug dealer on weekdays when he is listed in his itinerary as on "constit visits." He has left city council meetings to attend high school football games, and furthermore he has required some of his employees -- paid by taxpayers -- to stop doing work for the city and instead do work for his high school team. He has had at least one massive drinking binge in his office at city hall. Forget the crack, forget the consorting with gang members and drug dealers, forget the death threats, forget the admission of an out-of-control drinking problem -- he has not been doing what you and many others thought you were electing him to do. He has not even been going to work much of the time. "As long as we show up for work on Monday" -- Ford more often than not either does not show up for work at all or rolls in for an hour or two around noon hour.

Midnight Blue
11-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Hmmm. I had never heard before that his drinking was causing him to lose time from work.

If this is the case, then he should definitely take some time off from work.

To catch up on sleep. This is what I would do for 7-8 hrs., a day, if I had the chance, and no immediate felines (real or imagined), requiring constant and immediate servicing. At least she and they have intangibles, that probably can, not be even imaginded, by anyone below level 47.

Ka' Pla !

1argoholic
11-08-2013, 07:32 PM
You are a unique guy to say the least Midnight.
We agree on one thing and that's The Toronto Argonauts.
I wouldn't care what political party Ford is a member of he's SCUM! Keeping taxes down makes him the best mayor ever? Pretty simplistic and very narrow minded views held not only by Midnight but all of the rest of the fools who vote for Mr. Buttplug. The Conservative Party hit the Crapper with they tied asses with The Reformers and ditched the Progressive end of things.

AngeloV
11-08-2013, 08:22 PM
You are a unique guy to say the least Midnight.
We agree on one thing and that's The Toronto Argonauts.
I wouldn't care what political party Ford is a member of he's SCUM! Keeping taxes down makes him the best mayor ever? Pretty simplistic and very narrow minded views held not only by Midnight but all of the rest of the fools who vote for Mr. Buttplug. The Conservative Party hit the Crapper with they tied asses with The Reformers and ditched the Progressive end of things.

I read that he was saving the taxpayers somewhere to the tune of 100 million over 5 years. Let's take a very conservative estimate that there are 2 million taxpayers in Toronto. That works out to about $10 a year per person. Don't spend your $1 a month all in one place people. I'm sure user fees on many things lost by making a lot of things that were once government funded now private, will more than make up for the buck a month savings his great visionary saved the people of Toronto.

Of course, if his family business was to somehow benefit from scratching the backs of the private companies he has contracted, then I guess it was all worth while.

1argoholic
11-09-2013, 02:57 PM
The Fords should prepare to fell some huge cedars for his casket as Rob has one or two years left on that heart.

OV Argo
11-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Actually, it is all our own fault (meaning Robbie and I, and other fellow and laddies, Conservatives).

Besides, Robbie, and I, are Football fans. Don't expect us to have the same resilience from stupidity, that, say, a Badminton, or Tiddly-Winks fan, would have.

Charge the net, Sir ! If you take down the whole front row of Titties, then others will step up to take their place.

Ka' Pla !

LOL !!! - and here i wuz, thinking from all your posts here, that you were some sort of cool partying dude who happens to like football; but your're a conservative (small or big C - don't matter = same basic thing) ??? Wow - just wow !, and LOL again. Whatever.

ArgoRavi
11-10-2013, 01:57 AM
LOL !!! - and here i wuz, thinking from all your posts here, that you were some sort of cool partying dude who happens to like football; but your're a conservative (small or big C - don't matter = same basic thing) ??? Wow - just wow !, and LOL again. Whatever.

Midnight as a conservative surprises me too, OV! I can't agree with you on the Ford issue, Midnight, but you never cease to entertain.

Argo57
11-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Throw Rob Ford out, i have just put my "Midnight Blue for Mayor" sticker on my car!!
Give em shit Dude!!!!!

AngeloV
11-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Throw Rob Ford out, i have just put my "Midnight Blue for Mayor" sticker on my car!!
Give em shit Dude!!!!!

LOL...The only problem I have with that is the misconception on his part that if you're not a conservative than you must be a communist. Isn't that in a way communist type thinking? "If you're not with me, than you are against me". No democracy whatsoever in that type of thinking. For a man that seems well spoken as Midnight does, that reeks of the illiterate ramblings of a Don Cherry.

1argoholic
11-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I'd swear that Midnight Blue and Ping where the same guy but Ping isn't a Ukrainian. They both are unique dudes who like the non stop party, heavy rock and chicks. Midnight have you ever tossed Mr Freezes at an Argo game?

ArgoRavi
11-10-2013, 12:28 PM
LOL...The only problem I have with that is the misconception on his part that if you're not a conservative than you must be a communist. Isn't that in a way communist type thinking? "If you're not with me, than you are against me". No democracy whatsoever in that type of thinking. For a man that seems well spoken as Midnight does, that reeks of the illiterate ramblings of a Don Cherry.

Speaking of Don Cherry, I watched him for the first time this season last night hoping that he would say something about his hero Rob Ford but, unfortunately, he did not.

Midnight Blue
11-10-2013, 04:22 PM

Always a pleasure to surprise you OV, Sir.

Yes, we Conservatives (and conservatives) like to party!

The tradition goes way back to Sir John Alexander MacDonald.

The first Prime Minister of Canada. A Conservative, of course.

Cheers !

Midnight as a conservative surprises me too, OV! I can't agree with you on the Ford issue, Midnight, but you never cease to entertain.

Thank you, Ravi !

Give em shit Dude!!!!!

Thanks, Argo57 !

Though I think I would be better suited as a drinking advisor, to Mayor Ford.

Actually, he has done all of his boozing (and smoking) in his private life and moments.

My advice to him would be, to not allow phone cameras, into his parties.

Or at least to try to remember, that they can always be there.

Best to seriously drink at home, in a dark closet.

Ka' Pla !

I didn't say or imply that, Angelo.

More importantly, I honestly don't think that way.

We live in a Democracy. We have our solid right-wingers, and your solid left-wingers.

But elections are usually decided by the "swing-voters" in the middle.

Our ability to humanize, or de-humanize others and ourselves, may swing a few extremists in either direction, but in the end, common sense will always win out.

But all is fair in Love, War, and Politics.

And I happen to truly admire, Mr. Don Cherry, and what he has to say.

Ka' Pla !

I'd swear that Midnight Blue and Ping where the same guy but Ping isn't a Ukrainian. They both are unique dudes who like the non stop party, heavy rock and chicks. Midnight have you ever tossed Mr Freezes at an Argo game?

I am truly honoured with the comparison to Ping, 1Argoholic. Thank you.

And yes, I did once try to toss Mr. Freezes at an Argo game. It was at the old Exhibition Stadium, but the dude must've weighed over 300 lbs., so I only tossed him about three feet.

Ka' Pla !

paulwoods13
11-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Actually, he has done all of his boozing (and smoking) in his private life and moments.

Drinking or smoking in private offers no protection from scrutiny if you then go to a gala ball/street festival/bar on St. Patrick's Day/Leafs game/etc., completely out of it.

Midnight Blue
11-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Drinking or smoking in private offers no protection from scrutiny if you then go to a gala ball/street festival/bar on St. Patrick's Day/Leafs game/etc., completely out of it.

I totally agree.

1argoholic
11-10-2013, 05:58 PM
How about last year at Taste Of The Danforth when Robbie was as drunk as a college dude at Spring Break in a huge packed street festival.

Midnight Blue
11-10-2013, 06:08 PM
How about last year at Taste Of The Danforth when Robbie was as drunk as a college dude at Spring Break in a huge packed street festival.

Heh heh. Just one of the boys, who happens to be Mayor.

Cheers !

1argoholic
11-15-2013, 07:42 AM
I guess I've always hated that type of crap. I cut a buddy loose years ago because he'd talk like Rob Ford about our other buddies girlfriend. I can swear like a landscaper but I do have some class. Ford is a flat out loser. I've lost much respect for the former boroughs who are the ones who obviously vote nummy in.

paulwoods13
11-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Heh heh. Just one of the boys, who happens to be Mayor.

Cheers !

Still feel that way, Midnight? Do "the boys" speak in public about sex acts they commit with their wives? Do they admit to driving drunk?

1argoholic
11-15-2013, 12:34 PM
If you're riding with a biker gang they would Paul.

Midnight Blue
11-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Still feel that way, Midnight? Do "the boys" speak in public about sex acts they commit with their wives? Do they admit to driving drunk?

The part of his comments that apparently went unreported, was that the Mayor said (and I paraphrase) that, "when you bring my family into this, insult/hurt my wife and children, 'I see red.'"

He was accused of sexual acts with a lady who is his friend, accused of doing lines of cocaine in a bar, and accused of drinking and driving. Rob Ford should not have used the graphic sex language he used, and he apologized later for it. He will also be suing/taking legal action against those who made those allegations. He said he has driven after a few drinks, but that proves nothing.

What really disgusts me, are the "reporters" following his children around, naming their names, hounding/surrounding his private residence, following his mom around --- heard that there was a helicopter involved in some of this.

The public sees what is going on.

The best way to give "The Left" a middle finger, is to vote for Mayor Rob Ford,

on October 27th, 2014.

The voters will decide.

Ka' Pla !

ArgoRavi
11-15-2013, 04:46 PM
The part of his comments that apparently went unreported, was that the Mayor said (and I paraphrase) that, "when you bring my family into this, insult/hurt my wife and children, 'I see red.'"

He was accused of sexual acts with a lady who is his friend, accused of doing lines of cocaine in a bar, and accused of drinking and driving. Rob Ford should not have used the graphic sex language he used, and he apologized later for it. He will also be suing/taking legal action against those who made those allegations. He said he has driven after a few drinks, but that proves nothing.

What really disgusts me, are the "reporters" following his children around, naming their names, hounding/surrounding his private residence, following his mom around --- heard that there was a helicopter involved in some of this.

The public sees what is going on.

The best way to give "The Left" a middle finger, is to vote for Mayor Rob Ford,

on October 27th, 2014.

The voters will decide.

Ka' Pla !

Good luck to Mr. Ford with suing all of those people who made statements to the police. It is amazing that all of these people except for Mr. Ford are lying. What are the chances? BTW, continuing to drive after drinking shows what poor judgment Mr. Ford has, especially after he has already been convicted of impaired driving. He obviously has not learned his lesson. Furthermore, his antics of yesterday show what poor impulse control that he has. Does anyone really want a mayor with poor judgment and poor impulse control among a host of other problems?

Midnight Blue
11-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Good luck to Mr. Ford with suing all of those people who made statements to the police. It is amazing that all of these people except for Mr. Ford are lying. What are the chances?

"All these people". Could be three, could be more.

Press charges. Take it to court.

Hearsay, is not evidence, unless proven in court.

Everyone is piling on.

But the courts were invented so that people couldn't be accused by "hearsay".

Anyway, I'll be turning off my computer about an hour from now, at around six this Friday evening. Got better things to do on the weekend. Probably back Sunday night, or Monday at least.

The thing is, I like Mayor Ford's policies.

Will be a shame for some of us, if he ends up leaving.

Hang in there, Robbie !

Heh, the thing is, we Conservatives aren't used to being celebrities.

Everyone complains that Prime Minister Stephen Harper is boring.

Be careful what you wish for !

Ka' Pla !

Good luck to Mr. Ford with suing all of those people who made statements to the police. It is amazing that all of these people except for Mr. Ford are lying. What are the chances? BTW, continuing to drive after drinking shows what poor judgment Mr. Ford has, especially after he has already been convicted of impaired driving. He obviously has not learned his lesson. Furthermore, his antics of yesterday show what poor impulse control that he has. Does anyone really want a mayor with poor judgment and poor impulse control among a host of other problems?

I voted for his policies. And he said he will put his council attendance record up against any other member of the council. I think what really bugs many lefties, is that even with all of his foibles, he is still better and more Toronto-future, clear-sighted, than any of the rest of them.

Ka' Pla !

paulwoods13
11-15-2013, 09:13 PM

No one mentioned his wife until Rob Ford mentioned her, in the crudest way possible. The only mention of his kids was in a police report that described his loyal assistants sensibly taking the kids to McDonald's to get them away from their horribly plastered father, after they were driven to a ball by an accused drug dealer. But yeah, I guess there was justification for "seeing red."

And by the way, everything the mayor said, including the quote above, was widely and completely reported.

Press charges. Take it to court.

Hearsay, is not evidence, unless proven in court.

Everyone is piling on.

But the courts were invented so that people couldn't be accused by "hearsay".
[/B]

"Pressing charges" is not a description of filing a civil suit, but I assume that's what you mean. Do you not find it interesting that Mayor Ford never filed suit against any of the media at any point in the past six months? If there was no truth to what was being reported, why didn't he file a libel suit? Perhaps because the truth would in fact be tested in court? We shall see if he follows through with this threat to sue three former aides and a bar server. I know what I'm betting on that.

I voted for his policies. And he said he will put his council attendance record up against any other member of the council. I think what really bugs many lefties, is that even with all of his foibles, he is still better and more Toronto-future, clear-sighted, than any of the rest of them.

Ka' Pla !

Will he also put his work attendance record up against the other councillors? Or are councillors only judged by meeting attendance? I'd like to think a mayor would typically be at work more than 11 to 3 most days, and wouldn't miss important council meetings to coach football. But maybe that's just being all lefty.

Wobbler
11-15-2013, 09:52 PM
I voted for his policies.
There's certainly nothing wrong with that.

At this point, however, Ford is *toxic*. Not only will he be unable to promote any policies going forward, he makes them seem less wise by association. If Toronto elects another "Joe six-pack" mayor in this decade I'll be very surprised.

LLB997
11-16-2013, 01:12 AM
I'll say one thing about Rob Ford. He managed to get New York City DJ's to discuss the Argonauts on the radio today . They basically gave listeners a CFL/Argos 101 because of the Jersey he wore.

1argoholic
11-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Midnight why are you so into politics? Why is it all Right vs. Left? To me politics is one step up from crap. Lowest of the low. I do vote thus giving myself the right to ArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodome and complain because I do it so well but really I don't feel that politians as a whole give a crap about anything but a great pension.
If I voted for Ford or not I would still believe that he's a butt plug. He's a filthy man who has slung so much BS that it floors me that anyone can believe or back this Richard. He can blow smoke about taking people to court but that will go nowhere. He's a waste of air, plain and simple. I'm not into religion as I've mentioned but Karma will come back to kick his huge ass. Poor Karma.

Will
11-18-2013, 03:23 PM
I think the Fords genuinely believe it is still about politics. I've disavowed myself of that notion.

Midnight Blue
11-18-2013, 06:43 PM
No one mentioned his wife until Rob Ford mentioned her, in the crudest way possible. The only mention of his kids was in a police report that described his loyal assistants sensibly taking the kids to McDonald's to get them away from their horribly plastered father, after they were driven to a ball by an accused drug dealer. But yeah, I guess there was justification for "seeing red."

And by the way, everything the mayor said, including the quote above, was widely and completely reported.

Paul ... if someone were to accuse me of hanging out with prostitutes, I would consider it a direct insult to my Girlfriend or Wife.

My Girlfriend would be insulted, and probably hurt, and I would be insulted. And extremely pissed off.

I suspect other men feel the same way.

Midnight why are you so into politics? Why is it all Right vs. Left? To me politics is one step up from crap. Lowest of the low. I do vote thus giving myself the right to ArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodomeArgodome and complain because I do it so well but really I don't feel that politians as a whole give a crap about anything but a great pension.
If I voted for Ford or not I would still believe that he's a butt plug. He's a filthy man who has slung so much BS that it floors me that anyone can believe or back this Richard. He can blow smoke about taking people to court but that will go nowhere. He's a waste of air, plain and simple. I'm not into religion as I've mentioned but Karma will come back to kick his huge ass. Poor Karma.

1Argoholic ... I'm into politics because I like to have a say in my future.

I like the fact that this whole forum generally stays away from politics. Sure, there has been light-hearted kidding and joking in the past, but when people start to attack Mayor Rob Ford in the media, it is mostly all about politics, in my opinion. They can't hold a candle to Mayor Ford's policies, so they go after his personal life. And when this spills over onto this forum, then I will at least speak out in his defence. Yes, he has effed up, but like he said, all he can do is apologize.

And he said he would have stepped down, after all of the embarrassment he has caused, except for all of the voters who elected him for his policies. That would be me. And others.

Anyway, we all only get one vote, and I discovered a long time ago, that it is generally a complete waste of time, trying to argue politics with your opponents.

On election day, the voters will decide.

PS --- Rob and Doug Ford will be on Sun News Network tonight (Monday) at 8:00 PM EST. It will be a regular Monday night show, at least until the election is officially called, which is on Jan.2, with the actual election day being October 27th. Should be fun.

Ka' Pla !

paulwoods13
11-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Paul ... if someone were to accuse me of hanging out with prostitutes, I would consider it a direct insult to my Girlfriend or Wife.

My Girlfriend would be insulted, and probably hurt, and I would be insulted. And extremely pissed off.

I suspect other men feel the same way.

My girlfriend or wife would be insulted and hurt if I told the world what type of sex we engaged in. But I guess that was justified?

1argoholic
11-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Why stick up for a total dick when everything he says comes back as a pack of BS. He now has admitted to sucking on a crack pipe and drinking and driving. Like I believe he hasn't gotten down and dirty with hookers. This states plenty about the folks who voted for him and can't admit in making a huge mistake. A few voters must be much more intelligent than the rest of the world who are all laughing bigtime at the Ford Fools. I hope the guy who tossed beer at Rob yesterday strained it though his kidneys first.

Neely2005
11-19-2013, 11:03 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img443/3745/tdqs.png

1argoholic
11-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Poster of two buttplugs nice.

ArgoRavi
11-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Oh, the great Ford defence: I have done awful things but others have too. BTW, how is it Wynne's fault that her top advisor is charged with possessing child pornography? Ford, on the other hand, spends time with known criminals. He has even fed that criminal behaviour by buying drugs from these people - something that he has admitted to - but that is something that the Sun News ad fails to mention.

1argoholic
11-19-2013, 12:46 PM
When did Toronto become such a classless city. It used to be a city with very low crime rates and great people with a good perspective on life and what is wrong and right. Now it has a total clown as a mayor who is a criminal but continues to have all kinds of support even though all of this news has come out. This is not a sports team that needs support during a tough time. This is a guy who's supposed to be the strong leader of your city. Instead he's a rightoff that's tarnishing Toronto's image all over the world. Do you honestly think those few tax dollars he's saving Torontonians will do anything when tourists pick cities like Vancouver to travel to and spend their hard earned money. I was born in Toronto and at this point have no use for making the 2 hour trip in. I don't care to be in that city and near a bunch of very short sighted people who can't see the forest through the trees. This isn't one party against another it's about doing what is right and having this clown as mayor is a farce. Toronto has become a joke. I have to admit I find the ripping of the Ford Twins to be very funny. I however think the strong supporters of this clown duo need to give their heads a huge shake and that is what really pisses me off.

Neely2005
11-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Oh, the great Ford defence: I have done awful things but others have too. BTW, how is it Wynne's fault that her top advisor is charged with possessing child pornography? Ford, on the other hand, spends time with known criminals. He has even fed that criminal behaviour by buying drugs from these people - something that he has admitted to - but that is something that the Sun News ad fails to mention.

If you're referring to me I'm not a Ford supporter. I think that he should step down. However I find the double standard ridiculous. Kathleen Wynne has done much worse things than Rob Ford and she gets a free pass from the media.

ArgoRavi
11-19-2013, 08:38 PM
If you're referring to me I'm not a Ford supporter. I think that he should step down. However I find the double standard ridiculous. Kathleen Wynne has done much worse things than Rob Ford and she gets a free pass from the media.

I wasn't talking about you, Neely, but about Sun News. I do see however that they have already cancelled the Fords' show after only one horrible episode.

Midnight Blue
11-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Not surprisingly, I liked the one-episode show. Was surprised to recently hear that Sun News cancelled it, but in retrospect, the Fords said what they wanted to say. Next week's episode would have been redundant, unless some new "revelations" came out. But I've read they (the Fords) will be guests on other Sun News shows.

Of course, Ezra Levant's show "The Source" (on Sun News) is the best. And no doubt one or two people on this planet, may have recorded the Fords' show, so it should probably be available somewhere on the internet.

And it has just occurred to me, that Mayor Rob Ford may be part Klingon.

This would explain everything.

No, seriously. It would.

Not excusing his eff-ups, but I can certainly understand.

Ka' Pla !

OV Argo
11-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Always a pleasure to surprise you OV, Sir.

Yes, we Conservatives (and conservatives) like to party!

The tradition goes way back to Sir John Alexander MacDonald.

The first Prime Minister of Canada. A Conservative, of course.

Cheers !

Well then - to each his own.

Conservatism (small or big C) is IMO a blight/sickness on our society as it is now run & maintained; a sort of bottom line fascism that worships the dollar sign that colors most decisions; it is the mantra of the silver-spoon fed elites, banks and corporations who call too many shots in their quest for more profit$ and it is maintained/supported by many establishment dupes & sycophants in the media. Bleed & gouge the average person in pursuit of more profit. Rob Ford is a classic conservative representative - a spoiled brat little rich kid who poses as some sort of champion of the "little guy" - I'll cut taxes and take on all the socialists and lefties - what a frickin' joke ! Maybe Stevie-boy Harper can name Mr. Ford to the Senate now?

But - sickness can be cured, sir.

Cheers !:sick:

Midnight Blue
11-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Conservatism (small or big C) is IMO a blight/sickness on our society as it is now run & maintained; a sort of bottom line fascism that worships the dollar sign that colors most decisions; it is the mantra of the silver-spoon fed elites, banks and corporations who call too many shots in their quest for more profit$ and it is maintained/supported by many dupes & sycophants in the media. Rob Ford is a classic conservative representative - a spoiled brat little rich kid who poses as some sort of champion of the "little guy" - I'll cut taxes and take on all the socialists and lefties - what a frickin' joke !

But - sickeness can be cured, sir.

Cheers !

Some of us just want less taxes, less government, and less nanny-statism in our lives.

Most "businesses" are not huge corporations; just regular people, trying to make a living....

Cheers, and Ka' Pla !

OV Argo
11-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Not surprisingly, I liked the one-episode show. Was surprised to recently hear that Sun News cancelled it, but in retrospect, the Fords said what they wanted to say. Next week's episode would have been redundant, unless some new "revelations" came out. But I've read they (the Fords) will be guests on other Sun News shows.

Of course, Ezra Levant's show "The Source" (on Sun News) is the best. And no doubt one or two people on this planet, may have recorded the Fords' show, so it should probably be available somewhere on the internet.

Sorry pal - Sun News and other such ilk - with it's little establishment pukes, puppets & apologists like Lavant & that arsehole Brian Lilly - are again - blights on our society today.

Midnight Blue
11-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Sorry pal - Sun News and other such ilk - with it's little establishment pukes, puppets & apologists like Levant & that arsehole Brian Lilley - are again - blights on our society today.

In your opinion, Sir.

But that's okay; we are not supposed to, take each other seriously:

Otherwise we'd be on the same side....

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
11-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Anyway, I've got to crash soon --- up at 5am tomorrow to run my Corporation.

I have time to absorb (and hopefully reply to) one more broadside from you, Sir.

Otherwise, I look forward to making your (avatarish) acquaintance in the near future.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
11-20-2013, 12:23 AM
[ ... ] Maybe Stevie-boy Harper can name Mr. Ford to the Senate now? [ ... ]

Much too early for such considerations; besides, Senator Ford may prove to be too disruptive for such a staid Chamber. Maybe later. Although this might be a brilliant stroke by PM Harper; it will increase Harper's chances of being PM for the foreseeable future --- getting Ford on-side, and in the Senate. Or at least for the next 8 years.

(Ok. Really gotta crash now.)

Ka' Pla !

argolio
11-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Federal cabinet minster calls for Ford to resign:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rob-ford-should-step-aside-conservative-jason-kenney-says-1.2432492

Midnight Blue
11-20-2013, 05:46 PM
By the way, for any new members/posters, and guests/visitors viewing this Forum,

I just want to say that we're just having a small family squabble, as far as I'm concerned,

which happens to be about politics.

We are all Argo fans !

And we've all managed to remain polite to each other, as someone else observed previously.

Some of us like to have a few wobbly pops after work (and sometimes more,

if we're not working the next weekday), but hopefully we've still managed to retain respect,

for each other.

Ka' Pla !

Which means, Victory !

ArgoRavi
11-20-2013, 08:36 PM
So Rob Ford's personal trainer has a criminal conviction for trafficking steroids: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/20/rob-ford-fitness-consultant-a-convicted-steroid-trafficker-banned-from-coaching-in-canada/

Does Ford know anyone outside of the criminal underworld?

Midnight Blue
11-20-2013, 08:48 PM
So Rob Ford's personal trainer has a criminal conviction for trafficking steroids: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11/20/rob-ford-fitness-consultant-a-convicted-steroid-trafficker-banned-from-coaching-in-canada/

Klingons (ok, part-Klingons) on steroids?

Isn't that redundant ?

Ka' Pla !

argolio
11-20-2013, 09:42 PM
In response to Ford's claim on Monday that he was Kuwait and City Council was Saddam Hussein, someone had fun with the Wikipedia page for Kuwait (see last line):

https://i.imgur.com/Fb0yUk2.jpg

Midnight Blue
11-20-2013, 10:07 PM

Yes. He knows the people. And the people now certainly know him.

The voters will decide.

From a purely philosophical standpoint, it seems that the world swings dramatically from one point to another, where subtleties don't make the headline cut, since the mental finesse required to appreciate said subtleties, is beyond the scope and abilities of the average human being. It would be ironic if the next wave of Conservatism sweeping the planet, was the exaggerated response to the present greatest (if sometimes boring -- even by his own admission) leader of the Free World, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, and it would come from the ultimate Party Animal, presently the greatest celebrity on the face of the planet, Mayor Rob Ford.

This was the humour involved in a previous post above, where I suggested that PM Harper would be wise to put Ford into the Senate. Mayor Ford has suggested in some interview recently, that he has ambitions of being Prime Minister of Canada one day. Heck, he could probably knock off Obama too, if he wanted to. With Ford in the Senate, PM Harper could at least relax and breathe easy for a few years, knowing Ford would probably not challenge him right away, for the leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada.

And no, I haven't had a puff yet (weed); but will soon.

Cheers !

And,

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
11-20-2013, 11:44 PM
In response to Ford's claim on Monday that he was Kuwait and City Council was Saddam Hussein, someone had fun with the Wikipedia page for Kuwait (see last line):

https://i.imgur.com/Fb0yUk2.jpg

That's hilarious !

I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but I believe some links/images are not able to be viewed, unless one is a member of this Forum. I mean, whenever I visit this Forum without logging in, I can't see the JPEG images stuff. Perhaps there is a way to remedy that.

Midnight Blue
11-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Yes, I know President Obama's two terms are up, but my point is that Ford could probably knock off the next Obama, or the next Nixon. Actually, an argument could be made, that Ford is, the next Nixon.

Ka' Pla !

argolio
11-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Advice: stop doing this!

http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2013/11/21/IA09X.gif

paulwoods13
11-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Yes, I know President Obama's two terms are up, but my point is that Ford could probably knock off the next Obama, or the next Nixon. Actually, an argument could be made, that Ford is, the next Nixon.

Ka' Pla !

You of course mean Richard ("I am not a crook") Nixon, not Robert Nixon, the best premier Ontario never had.

Midnight Blue
11-24-2013, 02:12 PM
You of course mean Richard ("I am not a crook") Nixon, not Robert Nixon, the best premier Ontario never had.

You are correct, Sir.

Richard "Tricky Dick" Nixon. The one and only.

At this point in the rise of Mayor Rob Ford's meteoric stardom and career,

only a young Bill Clinton, or better yet, a President Bill "Slick Willy" Clinton in his prime,

may have had a shot at stopping Mayor Rob Ford, the future Prime Minister of Canada.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re-Elect Rob Ford.

Toronto's first , Klingon Mayor.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
11-24-2013, 02:24 PM
For those who missed it previously :

And it has just occurred to me, that Mayor Rob Ford may be part Klingon.

This would explain everything.

No, seriously. It would.

Not excusing his eff-ups, but I can certainly understand.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight

1argoholic
11-24-2013, 02:53 PM
I have no idea what a klingdon is I just know Rob Ford is part nothing but he's all a$$hole. If this buttplug was my friend I'd be calling him former friend at this point but I do have morals. Life isn't about some dirtbag mayor saving me $10 bucks on my tax bill.
Ford fanatics can't see the forest through the trees. Saving a few tax dollars at the expense of turning thousands of tourists off who'll spent their hard earned money in another city. If I was planning a convention I'd be heading anywhere but Crack Mayor Town.

Midnight Blue
11-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Reminiscing about Slick Willy, and Tricky Dick, I find it amusing that apparently no one has come up with a nick-name for Rob Ford. I mean, between Letterman and Leno and the others, you'd think some one would have come up with one. So love him or hate him, we here have a chance to down in history, as the ones who came up with a cool (or uncool) nickname for Ford. Admittedly, I can't think of a good one yet, but will try.

One can always suggest names like 'Dick', or 'Slob', but to get the attention of the World, we need something special. The best I can think of is 'Munchmeister', but that's still kinda lame.

We need some good ones! Have at 'er, boys and girls!

Midnight Blue
11-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Advice: stop doing this!

http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2013/11/21/IA09X.gif

I agree. Former Offensive Linemen were not born to throw a Football.

They usually fall down when they try, and head straight for the Cheesecake (or what's left of it).

BTW, that clip is hilarious!

Perhaps this was one of Ford's football injuries. Though I'm not making excuses for him.

And while we're on the topic of Football injuries, I'd like to shamelessly invite people to visit the "Brag about your Football injuries, here" thread, which is also in this "Sociable" section.

Ka' Pla !

Midnight Blue
11-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Here's a column by Gerry Nicholls, who can be surprisingly funny, for a Conservative:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/opinion/Fear+Fordian+hordes/9206571/story.html

Actually, he's one of my favourite writers.

I will re-print his column here, for those who may not be able to access it online:

Fear not the Fordian hordes

By Gerry Nicholls, Ottawa Citizen November 24, 2013 12:01 PM

Tweet (http://twitter.com/share)

http://www.argofans.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7 (http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ottawacitizen.com%2Fopinion% 2FFear%2BFordian%2Bhordes%2F9206571%2Fstory.html&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ottawacitizen.com%2Fcms%2Fb inary%2F9206572.jpg%3Fsize%3D620x400s&description=Fear%20not%20the%20Fordian%20hordes)

Story
Photos ( 1 )

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/opinion/cms/binary/9206572.jpg

Aaron Lynett/postmedia news

Photograph by: Aaron Lynett , National Post

The recent outrageous antics of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford have forced Canada’s intellectual elite to ponder the political force known as “populism.”

And what they’ve discovered in this pondering exercise scares the heck out of them.

Postmedia columnist Andrew Coyne, for instance, recently concluded that Ford’s brand of populism was the “the same aggressively dumb, harshly divisive message that has become the playbook for the right generally in this country, in all its contempt for learning, its disdain for facts, its disrespect of convention and debasing of standards.”

Meanwhile, his colleague Michael Den Tandt warned of “Ford’s visceral appeal to the under-educated working poor in the city proper” and noted ominously, “add to that the 905 belt’s long-standing, benign neglect of any issue other than the tax bill. It’s a recipe for political influence that extends far beyond the mayoralty of Toronto.”

Get the picture?

Coyne, Den Tandt and other defenders of urban civilization are terrified at what the emergence of populism, with its Attila the Hun-style messaging, means for the future.

Before long, the teeming hordes of uneducated, bible-thumping, Tim Hortons coffee drinking, non-CBC-watching, suburbanite barbarians, whipped up into a frenzy by the demagogic rantings of Ford and Prime Minister Stephen Harper, will be unleashed to ransack libraries, loot universities and worse — block city bike lanes with their SUVs.

A shocking scenario to be sure, but before anybody panics and spills their lattes, I should point out that populism is by no means a new phenomenon nor is it always associated with the “right.”

In fact, populism, which is a political tactic of appealing to a voter’s sense of resentment, was around back in the days of the ancient Roman Republic.

Roman politicians who sought the votes of the economically disenfranchised mobs were called populares, which means favouring the people. Typically aristocrats, these populares affected lower-class accents and promised things such as cheaper bread, land redistribution and expanded citizenship.

Their political opponents, by the way, were called optimates, which roughly translates as “urban downtown elites.”

At any rate, if you flash forward to today’s Canada, you will find that populism is often employed by “progressives.”

Indeed, anytime a progressive politician echoes the “Occupy movement” and rails against the economic dominance of the famed “one per cent,” they are appealing to a populist sentiment.

We even saw populism rear its head in the by-election in the genteel, urban and sophisticated riding of Toronto Centre. The NDP has accused the Liberal candidate of shipping jobs outside the country, while Liberals have pointed out the NDP candidate lived in a lavish home.

Yup folks, that’s populism.

And yes, both Ford and Harper used populist tactics. But their messages weren’t “dumb” or “harshly divisive,” nor did they promote a “contempt for learning” or a “disdain for facts.”

For his part, Ford’s message of “stopping the gravy train” appealed to voters who were fed up with establishment politicians who put the needs of special interest groups and public sector unions ahead of everybody else.

As for Harper, he promised to keep our streets safe from criminals and our economy safe from former Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff, who was portrayed as an out of touch academic. And today he talks about protecting consumers from cable companies.

My point is, you can disagree with Ford and Harper’s messages, but they are not exactly “grab your torches and pitchforks” sort of appeals. And the people who supported Ford and Harper are not uneducated rabble, but Canadians who care about protecting and enhancing their quality of life and who want governments to exercise fiscal responsibility.

So relax everybody, Ford’s recent behaviour is not a sign of a coming apocalypse. There are no barbarians at the gates; civilization is safe.

Gerry Nicholls is a communications consultant. gerrynicholls.com (http://gerrynicholls.com/)

© Copyright (c) The Ottawa Citizen

Double Dare
11-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Ford, the crack-monkey is one reason why the Argos didn't win against the Ti Cats.They told the freak-show, loser to stay away from the game, and he didn't. The jack-wad is a disgrace to Toronto and the Argo uniform!
I wish they would have booted his wacked-out lard a@@ down the Rogers Centre aisle stairs from his seat!
Screw Ford!</pre>

Midnight Blue
11-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Ford, the crack-monkey is one reason why the Argos didn't win against the Ti Cats.They told the freak-show, loser to stay away from the game, and he didn't. The jack-wad is a disgrace to Toronto and the Argo uniform!
I wish they would have booted his wacked-out lard a@@ down the Rogers Centre aisle stairs from his seat!
Screw Ford!

Welcome to the Forum, Double Dare !

I think you'll fit right in, nicely.

Ka' Pla !

ArgoRavi
11-27-2013, 04:01 PM
It sounds like more of Ford's dirty laundry will air next week.

argolio
11-27-2013, 11:32 PM
It sounds like more of Ford's dirty laundry will air next week.This story may go on for years.

AngeloV
11-29-2013, 01:21 PM
And no, I haven't had a puff yet (weed); but will soon.

[/B]

Ahhh...now I get your views on many things....Your addicitons are obviously causing hallucinations. Far out, man!!

1argoholic
11-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Ponderous man, like really...really ponderous. You can word it anyway who want to sling the BS political writer dude. Ford and Harper are two huge piles of CRAP. Once again this isn't a slamming of one particular party as I have little use for any them.

T-Bone
01-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Is the Mayor back on the sauce? (http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2014/01/21/rob_ford_new_video_shows_mayor_rambling_slurring_h is_words.html)

ArgoRavi
01-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Is the Mayor back on the sauce? (http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2014/01/21/rob_ford_new_video_shows_mayor_rambling_slurring_h is_words.html)

It appears as though he has been lying about no longer drinking alcohol but he is saying today that what he does on his own time does not matter. What happens if a city emergency that the mayor has to take care of happens "on his own time" when he is under the influence?

Argo57
01-23-2014, 12:25 AM

Maybe steak sauce. Are there any clips of this guy without the black suit that is 2 sizes too small, train wreck!!!!

ArgoRavi
04-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Another video has apparently been recorded of Rob Ford smoking something from a pipe this past weekend at his sister's place. There is audio of an apparently inebriated Ford making offensive comments this past Monday. And there is also word of some confrontation between Ford and the illustrious Justin Bieber at some club. But let's not forget that Rob Ford is not perfect just like the rest of us, that he is "real" which is why so many continue to support him and that he has saved the city a billion dollars.

1argoholic
05-01-2014, 12:21 PM
He's going into hiding with a bunch of booze. He won't go to rehab. I don't believe that bs for a second. He picks up and bails only because he was caught doing what he's been doing all along. The guy's 400 lbs of BS.

Double Dare
05-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Won't have to worry ... he's smoked pork.

T-Bone
05-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Could this finally be a breaking point? How can anyone with any moral fiber still support this guy?

Rob Ford: One wild night in March (http://www.thestar.com/news/insight/2014/05/09/rob_ford_one_wild_night_in_march.html)

1argoholic
05-11-2014, 07:23 PM
I knew way back when that this swine wouldn't stop. He's the lowest of the low scum in my books and feels untouchable for some reason. He will one day harm somebody badly while driving drunk or stoned or of a combo of both. His whole family is to blame as they are all enablers. This guy should be rotting in jail not hiding out somewhere. I don't believe for a second that he's in rehab. How could anyone believe a word he or his family say.
We'll see where his support goes when he kills some innocent kid while drunk driving.

argolio
05-16-2014, 12:16 PM
(one year since the crack scandal broke, and someone wrote a poem to commemorate it)

'Twas the night before Crackmas, and on Windsor Drive,
Rob Ford was post-tripping, just barely alive;
The envelopes were stashed in the bathroom with care,
In hopes that St. Dixonblood soon would be there;

The Bassos were cowering under their beds,
While large men with black batons bashed on their heads;
And Sandro in his Escalade, with Rob's phone on his lap,
Had just threatened Dixon Road out of their crap.

When down in the den there arose such a clatter,
Rob rolled off the couch and emptied his bladder.
Away to the bathroom he couldn't stop trippin',
Yanked open the shitter and threw up jerk chicken.

His eyes -- they were glassy! his demeanor how petty!
His teeth were like gravel, his forehead all sweaty!
His thin little mouth was still speaking too slow,
And the coke up his nose was as white as the snow.

He picked up his pipe, lit a flame underneath,
And the crack smoke encircled his head like a wreath;
He had a broad face and a distended gut,
That shook, when he laughed like a Jabba the Hutt.

He crawled to his car, quick mouthwash for a rinse,
And away Robbie drove, pounding back Russian Prince.
But I heard him exclaim, as he ran over some bikes,
Happy Crackmas to all, you wops dagos and kikes!

1argoholic
05-16-2014, 01:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Now that I'm up off the floor from laughing like hell I must say, the was great. Funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Double Dare
10-30-2014, 01:37 PM
Someone get him an Argo jersey and hat ASAP. The old mayor still has a sweaty XXXL jersey and XXXXL hat kicking around that he could lend him.

AngeloV
10-30-2014, 07:02 PM
The old mayor still has a sweaty XXXL jersey and XXXXL hat kicking around that he could lend him.

Pretty sure it still needs to be dusted for finger prints.

Double Dare
10-31-2014, 09:52 AM
Pretty sure it still needs to be dusted for finger prints. ... and swabbed for coke residue.

1argoholic
11-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Perhaps after that they should clean it and donate the fabric to make a tent for the homeless.

Neely2005
11-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Glad to see so much support for someone who suffers from mental illness and is trying to beat cancer.

Very classy.

ArgoRavi
11-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Glad to see so much support for someone who suffers from mental illness and is trying to beat cancer.

What mental illness does he suffer from? Narcissistic Personality Disorder? I feel bad that the guy has cancer but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been a complete jerk for far too long or that he lied to the public that he is supposed to serve on a regular basis.

Neely2005
11-01-2014, 02:07 PM
What mental illness does he suffer from? Narcissistic Personality Disorder? I feel bad that the guy has cancer but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been a complete jerk for far too long or that he lied to the public that he is supposed to serve on a regular basis.

Addiction is a mental illness:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/comorbidity-addiction-other-mental-illnesses/drug-addiction-mental-illness

People complain about Mayor Ford and his negative traits and then they exhibit those same traits when insulting him.

doubleblue
11-01-2014, 02:16 PM

Very classy.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Rob Ford had a mental illness. Anybody can become addicted to something or other. I have known a lot of people over the years who were addicted to nicotine for an example, never thought they had metal illness. Cancer isn't something you would wish on your worse enemy. If the cancer doesn't get you the chemo will, unless one has an extremely strong immune system.
I met Rob Ford one time before he was Mayor and had a good long talk mostly about football at first, as he had noticed the Argo hat I was wearing. Seemed like an ok down to earth guy for a Politician and I have met quite a few over the years. You can't judge a person by what you read in the media, especially ones with an agenda. I hope and pray he beats this cancer.

Neely2005
11-01-2014, 02:24 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say Rob Ford had a mental illness. Anybody can become addicted to something or other. I have known a lot of people over the years who were addicted to nicotine for an example, never thought they had metal illness. Cancer isn't something you would wish on your worse enemy. If the cancer doesn't get you the chemo will, unless one has an extremely strong immune system.
I met Rob Ford one time before he was Mayor and had a good long talk mostly about football at first, as he had noticed the Argo hat I was wearing. Seemed like an ok down to earth guy for a Politician and I have met quite a few over the years. You can't judge a person by what you read in the media, especially ones with an agenda. I hope and pray he beats this cancer.

The medical community classified addiction as a mental illness.

I've never met Mayor Ford (and I've never voted for him) but anyone could see right from the start that he wasn't going to get a fair chance from the media and the establishment. I believe that it was Adam Vaughan who said right after he was elected that they were going to ignore Mayor Ford and he'd be mayor in name only.

Hopefully he can beat cancer and his addiction issues.

AngeloV
11-01-2014, 02:25 PM

Very classy.

OK, Mr. Holier than thou.

Neely2005
11-01-2014, 02:28 PM
OK, Mr. Holier than thou.

Hopefully no one that you care about is ever affected by mental illness or cancer.

Personally I think that it's in poor taste to kick someone when they're down and quite possibly dying.

argonaut11xx
11-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Funny how slamming a "right wing" guy seems ok here....yet anytime a Lefty (like trudeau-lite) gets slammed,

The Mod's get involved almost immediately...hmmmm...

That said, its going to interesting how the mayor elect treats the Argo situation, will his past loyalties shine through?...or will he still be tied to the CFL hating rogers agenda????

I think Mike Clemons should have run for Mayor.

AngeloV
11-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Hopefully no one that you care about is ever affected by mental illness or cancer.

Personally I think that it's in poor taste to kick someone when they're down and quite possibly dying.

I have family members that have or had cancer. I lost my grandmother on my father's side to cancer. I know cancer is nothing to celebrate, but at the same time, I'm not going to feel sorry for someone like Rob Ford. I am of the opinion that he is a very bad person. Even far worse than what has become public. And as for his drug abuses to be a mental illness example, I don't buy that for a second. The only thing he may have a mental illness about is truth telling. This is a man, that as mayor of this city should at least have been doing everything in his power to keep drug dealers off the street, not hanging and partying with them. I realize it is a bit of fantasy world to expect to put an end to the dealers, but at least try, or as Bart Simpson would say, try to try.

Anyways, I also realize that this rant has no place in the Argo room, so I will stop now.

Neely2005
11-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Funny how slamming a "right wing" guy seems ok here....yet anytime a Lefty (like trudeau-lite) gets slammed,

That said, its going to interesting how the mayor elect treats the Argo situation, will his past loyalties shine through?...or will he still be tied to the CFL hating rogers agenda????

It's the Canadian way. Mayor Ford is an easy target because he's right wing and overweight. It seems to be socially acceptable to insult those two groups.

Pinball is to nice to be mayor of that circus. Canadian mayors don't have enough power, they're still only 1 vote.

AngeloV
11-01-2014, 02:44 PM

And what laws has Trudeau broken? The Ford thing has nothing to do with right wing/left wing garbage. I'll leave those expressions to others. He's a bad person. Plain and simple.

Neely2005
11-01-2014, 02:45 PM
I have family members that have or had cancer. I lost my grandmother on my father's side to cancer. I know cancer is nothing to celebrate, but at the same time, I'm not going to feel sorry for someone like Rob Ford. I am of the opinion that he is a very bad person. Even far worse than what has become public. And as for his drug abuses to be a mental illness example, I don't buy that for a second. The only thing he may have a mental illness about is truth telling. This is a man, that as mayor of this city should at least have been doing everything in his power to keep drug dealers off the street, not hanging and partying with them. I realize it is a bit of fantasy world to expect to put an end to the dealers, but at least try, or as Bart Simpson would say, try to try.

Anyways, I also realize that this rant has no place in the Argo room, so I will stop now.

My condolences on your losses.

No offense intended but it doesn't matter what your opinion on addiction is. The medical community has classified addiction as a mental illness.

And what laws has Trudeau broken? The Ford thing has nothing to do with right wing/left wing garbage. I'll leave those expressions to others. He's a bad person. Plain and simple.

For one he has admitted to smoking marijuana, which like smoking crack is illegal.

AngeloV
11-01-2014, 02:54 PM
For one he has admitted to smoking marijuana, which like smoking crack is illegal.

Now you're being funny.

Compare that to: he was convicted of driving drunk, he lied during an investigation, and if you really want to compare smoking pot to smoking crack cocaine with a bunch of drug dealers, then go right ahead.

argonaut11xx
11-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I am of the opinion that he is a very bad person. Even far worse than what has become public.

Hey Angelo, i agree 100% that we need to get the drug dealers off the streets.

IMO, Rob Ford is a good person who has made some very bad choices. Why?, who knows. Whatever your stripe, I do NOT believe you kick a man while he's down.

But back to the topic at hand...what will his (mayor elect Tory) true colours be if pushed on an issue involving the Argo's/CFL??..will he acknowledge and CFL loyalties?, or will he tow the party line from his current "CFL Hating" rogers position?

100% correct...

Neely2005
11-01-2014, 03:01 PM
Now you're being funny.

Compare that to: he was convicted of driving drunk, he lied during an investigation, and if you really want to compare smoking pot to smoking crack cocaine with a bunch of drug dealers, then go right ahead.

You asked.

Well the penalties for smoking marijuana have been decreased over the past few years it doesn't change the fact that it's illegal. Also since Justin Trudeau said that he smoked marijuana in the past had he been caught he would have faced much harsher penalties than today. Either way he would have a criminal record which would disqualify him from traveling to the USA which would likely be a problem for someone who is trying to become Prime Minister.

AngeloV
11-01-2014, 03:06 PM
You asked.

Well the penalties for smoking marijuana have been decreased over the past few years it doesn't change the fact that it's illegal. Also since Justin Trudeau said that he smoked marijuana in the past had he been caught he would have faced much harsher penalties than today. Either way he would have a criminal record which would disqualify him from traveling to the USA which would likely be a problem for someone who is trying to become Prime Minister.

Well, I guess you have educated me.

argolio
11-01-2014, 04:18 PM

Very classy.Allow me to adapt a somewhat famous comment of Rob Ford about people suffering with AIDS: if he did not grossly overeat, drink like a fish, and ingest large amounts of hard drugs, there's a good chance he wouldn't have contracted cancer.

I hope Rob overcomes cancer, but you get what you give, and not everyone will feel compassion towards him.

For one he has admitted to smoking marijuana, which like smoking crack is illegal.Pot has been decriminalized over the years and will very likely be fully legal in the near future. Crack will never be.

T-Bone
11-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Pot has been decriminalized over the years and will very likely be fully legal in the near future. Crack will never be.
I would argue that crack should be decriminalized for personal use along with all drugs and it should be treated as a medical issue and not a crime. They did it in Portugal and a few other countries, the results are fascinating (http://www.tdpf.org.uk/blog/drug-decriminalisation-portugal-setting-record-straight). The "war on drugs" can't be won and it is an outdated approach to the issue.

Anyway, crack being legal or not doesn't exonerate Rob Ford from the many other stupid things he's done while in office and outside of it. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone and I hope he beats it but I'm happy he will no longer be Mayor in title shortly. He hasn't really be Mayor since they striped his powers.

Double Dare
11-01-2014, 07:06 PM
The whole Ford family suffers from delusions of grandeur and an egotistical view of their station in life (that is their mental illness). Add the drug and alcohol abuse, and voila, you have a family that thinks it is hot ----, but is actually a bag o' ----. Blob is already talking about his return to the mayoralty in 2018 ... good luck! I hope he gets REAL help, and gets healthy on all fronts. Glad I moved from the circus called Toronto 8 years ago.

Gill The Thrill
11-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Boy, now I know why I've stayed away from this board, actually it's more because I've been too busy...but to say that someone is a "bad person" and then sing the praises of someone who advocates legalizing Marijuana in an auditorium full of native high school students (who've traditional been terrible victims of substance abuse) is the oxymoron of oxymorons, hey, maybe remove the oxy.

And for all the marijuana advocates like Trudeau who may have not been affected at all by their use (could be debated)...it's extremely important to note that there has been much evidence to show that psychosis and other mental disorders have been associated in adults to a lifestyle of smoking marijuana from a very young age, as in the teen years when most people started using pot. Let's not talk about some of the social effects attached to it's increased use by teens. Usually it leads to decreased productivity in school, work or other interests such as sports and athletics. It can have long term affects, maybe not as pronounced as crack or as quickly as crack, but it's not exactly ice cream either.

I think Neely makes the best points about the establishment being up Ford's ass from day 1 regardless of his questionable activities. It's been the unofficial NDP councillors at City Hall that have been uncompromising and unwilling to work with him from day 1 and they've been led by their ringleaders at the Star, CBC and NOW to sabotage his mayorship. Sure he's done himself no favours but to be threatened with legal action for some of his positive activities like his football foundation was more than petty, it was visceral. This was a clear indication that his every action was being viewed through a much finer microscope than say...Dalton McGuinty's actions or Kathleen Wynne's actions with regards to who they've associated with. For a politician Ford had many friends (if you want to call them that) from untraditional sources for a Toronto politician. He mingled with many visible minorities from many walks of life in many neighborhoods where most of Toronto's established politicians would not even want to drive through...you'd think the Star would have celebrated that, but of course they would not because Ford was not their guy, a la George Smitherman, an admitted drug user whom they lauded as a great civic leader. Talk about hypocrisy at it's highest form.

To Angelo V, that beacon of moral high ground and high culture who quotes from Bart Simpson...(talk about laughable) if you're naive enough to think that any politician at City Hall, let alone anywhere else has never gone through life possibly doing something that could define them as a "bad person", who am I stop you from being naive, but present the full story. If you're going to put down Rob Ford for possibly drinking and driving as a municipal politician, use those same standards for councillors Bailao and Ainslee who have been alleged and charged for the same action. Be careful of the witchhunt that you wish upon others for you don't know how it can come back to bite you. In other words and much eloquently put and written, "May he who is without sin, be the first to cast stones."

AngeloV
11-09-2014, 05:07 PM
To Angelo V, that beacon of moral high ground and high culture who quotes from Bart Simpson...(talk about laughable) if you're naive enough to think that any politician at City Hall, let alone anywhere else has never gone through life possibly doing something that could define them as a "bad person", who am I stop you from being naive, but present the full story. If you're going to put down Rob Ford for possibly drinking and driving as a municipal politician, use those same standards for councillors Bailao and Ainslee who have been alleged and charged for the same action. Be careful of the witchhunt that you wish upon others for you don't know how it can come back to bite you. In other words and much eloquently put and written, "May he who is without sin, be the first to cast stones."

If you believe that Ford's criminal activity doesn't go beyond personal drug use, then you are the one being naive. Ford is a bully, plain and simple. And for any Argo fan that supports the anti-bullying campaign the team has been involved with for quite some time, and then to support Ford to call me a hypocrite is quite humourous. And as far as those other members of council that drink and drive go, they too should be banished. Sorry Dude, I've never stood up for anyone that abuses their power.

Gill The Thrill
11-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Now you use the word "Bully" to describe someone because you don't agree with them...how predictable? So which is it, "a bad person," or a "Bully." Any other new buzz words to stigmatize someone with.:bored:

Funny, don't you think someone could use a vague word like "bully" to describe how his detractors have treated him because he was democratically elected in the last election, let alone mocking him for his weight. Isn't that what 8 and 9 yr olds do to other kids when they can't get their way. Tease them, or bully them if you prefer, endlessly until they get their way.:shhhh::)

AngeloV
11-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Now you use the word "Bully" to describe someone because you don't agree with them...how predictable? So which is it, "a bad person," or a "Bully." Any other new buzz words to stigmatize someone with.:bored:

Funny, don't you think someone could use a vague word like "bully" to describe how his detractors have treated him because he was democratically elected in the last election, let alone mocking him for his weight. Isn't that what 8 and 9 yr olds do to other kids when they can't get their way. Tease them, or bully them if you prefer, endlessly until they get their way.:shhhh::)

OK, you are right. I am wrong. He is the greatest person that ever lived.

argolio
11-11-2014, 01:06 AM
It's been the unofficial NDP councillors at City Hall that have been uncompromising and unwilling to work with him from day 1 and they've been led by their ringleaders at the Star, CBC and NOW to sabotage his mayorship. Sure he's done himself no favours but to be threatened with legal action for some of his positive activities like his football foundation was more than petty, it was visceral. This was a clear indication that his every action was being viewed through a much finer microscope than say...Dalton McGuinty's actions or Kathleen Wynne's actions with regards to who they've associated with. For a politician Ford had many friends (if you want to call them that) from untraditional sources for a Toronto politician. He mingled with many visible minorities from many walks of life in many neighborhoods where most of Toronto's established politicians would not even want to drive through...you'd think the Star would have celebrated that, but of course they would not because Ford was not their guy, a la George Smitherman, an admitted drug user whom they lauded as a great civic leader. Talk about hypocrisy at it's highest form.Yeah, let's talk about it.

As far as anyone knows (unless you know differently), Smitherman's drug troubles happened before he ran for office.

Just about every Star allegation against Ford turned out to be true. The Star was also the first media source to break most of McGuinty's scandals. Were you complaining about the Star back then?

So what if the Star and especially NOW didn't like Ford? The Sun and Post endorsed Ford in 2010. They're all entitled to their viewpoints

Ford definitely went to those (mostly) TCHC neighbourhoods more than any other politician, but the TCHC repair backlog actually went up under Ford. He was obviously there trolling for votes, successfully as it turned out.

As for Ford being under a finer microscope, he was the one dumb enough to say that he had nothing to hide, and then he actually invited the media to follow him. But the media didn't out him with those videos -- it was his own "untraditional" acquaintances, a.k.a. hardcore drug dealers.

Finally, Ford won most of his votes in year one (2011), so whatever NDP or media opposition he had meant little. What killed Ford was when the centre and then the right in council turned on him over the next two years. Ford's own stupidity is to blame for ending up being on the losing end of 40-2 votes.

argonaut11xx
11-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Hey,

Lets not forget about Jack Layton getting caught in a baudy house way back when....

ArgoRavi
11-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Hey,

Lets not forget about Jack Layton getting caught in a baudy house way back when....

So Layton maybe visiting a bawdy house 20 years ago has what to do with Ford lying and lying and lying some more about his numerous criminal activities?

AngeloV
11-17-2014, 09:58 PM
So Layton maybe visiting a bawdy house 20 years ago has what to do with Ford lying and lying and lying some more about his numerous criminal activities?

Oh Ravi...be careful. You may be labeled as a "Pinko" with an attitude like that. :shhhh:

Wobbler
11-18-2014, 12:39 AM
When does Tory officially take office? I'm tired of apologizing for living in Toronto.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8