PDA

View Full Version : Argo Transactions May 31

gilthethrill
05-31-2013, 04:22 PM
ARGONAUTS.CA STAFF
MISSISSAUGA- The Toronto Argonauts Football Club announced the following transactions today.
The following players have been RELEASED:

<TBODY>

POS

NAME

STATUS

COLLEGE

RB

Shawnbrey McNeal

IMP

Southern Methodist

OL

Josh Prinsen

NIP

Queen's

WR

Michael Williams

IMP

Southern California

</TBODY>

dmont
05-31-2013, 04:45 PM
Didn't see that coming. Coach spoke highly of him an d he seemed to have a good attitude. By "him" I mean williams of course

AaronInToronto
05-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Surpirsed Williams is out so quickly. Perhaps his conditioning is off, or he simply doesn't fit the Argos' style of play. Likely the latter.

ArgoRavi
05-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Milanovich seemed happy with Mike Williams on Wednesday but I guess that the last two days did not go as well. Reggie Williams is still around though.

ArgoGabe22
05-31-2013, 07:48 PM
There's probably more to the Williams decision then just under performing. Maybe another NFL shot?

KCargosfan
05-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Surpirsed Williams is out so quickly. Perhaps his conditioning is off, or he simply doesn't fit the Argos' style of play. Likely the latter.

Agreed, thought he would have at least made team camp.

argos1873
05-31-2013, 10:10 PM
Maybe he's just like countless others before him, who thought his prior credentials would easily secure himself a job in the "lesser" CFL. If so, good riddance to him. Plenty more behind him with less credentials who will WORK for a job. That's if that's the case.

1argoholic
05-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Don't know him and don't care. He obviously wasn't good enough. He can go work at Walmart.

ArgoRavi
06-01-2013, 01:03 AM
There's probably more to the Williams decision then just under performing. Maybe another NFL shot?

I doubt there is much of a market in the NFL for a 29 year-old receiver who hasn't played in that league in three years. He simply wasn't good enough to make it in Toronto is my guess.

Nob
06-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Don't discount that he could have been injured too. If that was the case then there is the possibility he could have been released to meet league-mandated numbers, or something like that. If this is the case then he could be back later.

Or, he could have just been released. Who knows.

Rich
06-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Maybe he's just like countless others before him, who thought his prior credentials would easily secure himself a job in the "lesser" CFL. If so, good riddance to him. Plenty more behind him with less credentials who will WORK for a job. That's if that's the case.

Definitely not the case with Mike Williams. In the video from the first workout, http://argonauts.ca/video/index/id/84183, he says all the right things and shows a great attitude, an eagerness to work with "Coach Scott" and to work on the waggle.

But TSN's Scianitti said that Williams simply didn't look that good in the workouts. Surprising. Judging from the videos I thought Iglesias looked like a beautiful route runner with nice hands, and I loved the way Reggie Williams bowled over a DB on initial contact. I'll be watching these 2 guys closely.

Rich
06-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Don't know him and don't care. He obviously wasn't good enough. He can go work at Walmart.

What kind of person would crap on a guy who got cut at rookie camp?

AngeloV
06-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Don't discount that he could have been injured too. If that was the case then there is the possibility he could have been released to meet league-mandated numbers, or something like that. If this is the case then he could be back later.

I was thinking the same thing. From everything I heard, he looked really good the first 2 days of rookie camp. ArgoGabe22 speculated in his rookie camp report that Williams may have hurt himself in the 1 on 1 drills on Thursday.

Will
06-01-2013, 10:15 AM

That's pretty harsh. You don't know the reason he was released.

ArgoRavi
06-01-2013, 11:37 AM
I was thinking the same thing. From everything I heard, he looked really good the first 2 days of rookie camp. ArgoGabe22 speculated in his rookie camp report that Williams may have hurt himself in the 1 on 1 drills on Thursday.

I had forgotten about that. That would certainly explain his early release. Hopefully someone in the media can get an explanation.

Will
06-01-2013, 11:51 AM
I just don't understand the mindset of some people when they automatically attribute a higher profile player's release to the old "I'm to good for the CFL" line.

ArgoRavi
06-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I just don't understand the mindset of some people when they automatically attribute a higher profile player's release to the old "I'm to good for the CFL" line.

I believe that player is a rare case. In the case of the two Williams, they are likely desperate to resurrect their careers and were humbled long ago. Mike Williams, from interviews he did, seemed to have the right attitude.

doubleblue
06-01-2013, 05:54 PM
I heard on one of the sports reports that Williams may have had an injured knee. If that is the case he would be released until he could pass a physical. He looked good in the Day 1 video.

argotom
06-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Not only did he look pretty good on the brief video clip, when interviewed he appeared very sincere about making the team and playing?

BATKINSON001
06-01-2013, 10:22 PM

NO! We don't want him either. :p

argolio
06-02-2013, 07:11 PM
I heard on one of the sports reports that Williams may have had an injured knee. If that is the case he would be released until he could pass a physical. He looked good in the Day 1 video.So it's possible he's hanging around to heal up and we'll him again. Or not.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8