PDA

View Full Version : Eric Foster brought in... DPM released

bluto
06-07-2013, 01:04 PM
http://argonauts.ca/article/argonauts-add-eric-foster-to-defensive-line

MISSISSAUGA - As first announced this morning by General Manager Jim Barker on TSN Radio 1050, during a live broadcast from the club’s practice facility at the University of Toronto Mississauga, the Toronto Argonauts have signed former NFL standout defensive tackle Eric Foster. (http://argonauts.ca/roster/show/id/6353)Foster grew up in Homestead, Florida and spent four years with the Indianapolis Colts after joining them as an undrafted free agent in 2008. While there, he dressed in 49 games with 16 starts and accumulated 117 tackles and six (6) sacks.
A graduate of Rutgers University, he was voted Second-Team All-American and First-Team Big-East as a senior. Foster finished his five-year college career playing in 39 games and collecting 145 tackles, 15 sacks and one (1) interception.
The Toronto Argonauts also announced today that import DT Donte Paige-Moss has been released.

a bit surprised about Donte Paige-Moss.

welcome to the Argos Eric

ArgoGabe22
06-07-2013, 01:09 PM
DPM looked good vs Ham and SSK last year but I haven't seen anything from him yet in TC and when he was in 2nd or 3rd group then I knew that the coaching staff didn't see him as a starter yet. I'm surprised it was before the preseason game though.

bluto
06-07-2013, 01:10 PM
DPM looked good vs Ham and SSK last year but I haven't seen anything from him yet in TC and when he was in 2nd or 3rd group then I knew that the coaching staff didn't see him as a starter yet. I'm surprised it was before the preseason game though.

yeah... not sure what's up with that... heck, it was even before the Double Blue game tomorrow...

this will surely be a shot across the bow for everyone to shape up or else.

1argoholic
06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Talk about cut throat. Brings me right back to those days as a young teen trying out for MTHL hockey teams. Cut throat stuff.

ArgoRavi
06-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I would say that the release of Paige-Moss is the first surprising one of this training camp but I am sure that more surprises will be on store as is usually the case every year.

jerrym
06-07-2013, 03:31 PM
I am sorry to see the release of Donte Paige-Moss as he impressed me last year. However, as has already been said I doubt if this will be the last cut that surprises me. The good news is that this reflects the high level of competition for many jobs, which is totally unlike the situation when Barker first arrived.

Argo57
06-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Eric Foster
Great credentials, big question is his health (ankle).
Lets wait and see.

argolio
06-07-2013, 08:52 PM
The good news is that this reflects the high level of competition for many jobs, which is totally unlike the situation when Barker first arrived.I'm sure there was just as much competition then, just not as much talent.

Argocister
06-08-2013, 12:21 AM
So did anyone get to TC today, or find out if Foster was in a better position than Paige-Moss during practice?
I too was surprised, and hope that Eric was brought in as a better talent, rather than PM being released for other reasons. ( personal)

7dj83r8f78t4alf8