PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! Listed our house Friday and it's sold pending an inspection.

1argoholic
06-17-2013, 12:50 PM
HOLY CRAP! We kept hearing the real estate market sucked and things weren't selling. We listed late Friday night and by Sat morn our agent called to tell us of a showing on Sunday morning. Took the dogs for a drive and walk and an hour and a half later had a call saying "Well Your Moving." WOOW! Guy gave us the exact listing price but wanted it on July 25th. We asked for two more weeks and got it. Now we wait for the inspection which I believe will go very good. Then it's scramble..scrambe to Peterborough to find a home.
Strange that a single older welder guy bought a four bedroom family home with extensive bird and butterfly gardens. Plus the guy travels all over BC to weld.

Could be at an Argo game at the dome this fall. HEEEELL YAAAH!!

No stress here at all. haha.

Oh to top it off, the guy looked at the house on a beautiful Sunday morning with the sounds of birds everywhere. By the afternoon my neighbours were cutting their lawn and burning a pile of brush. Real nice and burning isn't allowed now.

All in the timing.

Mulder
06-17-2013, 01:03 PM
HOLY CRAP! We kept hearing the real estate market sucked and things weren't selling. We listed late Friday night and by Sat morn our agent called to tell us of a showing on Sunday morning. Took the dogs for a drive and walk and an hour and a half later had a call saying "Well Your Moving." WOOW! Guy gave us the exact listing price but wanted it on July 25th. We asked for two more weeks and got it. Now we wait for the inspection which I believe will go very good. Then it's scramble..scrambe to Peterborough to find a home.
Strange that a single older welder guy bought a four bedroom family home with extensive bird and butterfly gardens. Plus the guy travels all over BC to weld.

Could be at an Argo game at the dome this fall. HEEEELL YAAAH!!

No stress here at all. haha.

Oh to top it off, the guy looked at the house on a beautiful Sunday morning with the sounds of birds everywhere. By the afternoon my neighbours were cutting their lawn and burning a pile of brush. Real nice and burning isn't allowed now.

All in the timing.

Id be worried about the inspection. Especially with all the shoddy B.C. Construction practices. :)

argonaut11xx
06-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Congrat's Mark..!!!!!!!!!!!

Im happy for you, but jealous that you are moving back to Ontario....i have 8-9 more years of "time" here in backwards BC...haha..

Becca and I hope to meet up with you and your wife at the July 4th game at BC Place...

Good luck with the inspection....im sure everything will be fine....

1argoholic
06-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Good chancenow that we'll be in Peterborough looking for a home then. My wife got the time off work for that game and now we're going to be scrambling. We thought we'd have until into Sept but wow things are happening fast.

Mulder it's no joke. There are plenty, luckily enough we've fixed our smaller crappy construction issues. Actually once we finalize I could care less about the fly by the seat of your pants BC attitude about everything. Just the way it is.

We've heard so many horror stories and added one more to our list yesterday. Our good friend Savannah who pet sits for us lost her nephew as he took off from police in Victoria and slammed drivers side into a pole and died the other day. About four years ago her nieces best from from murdered and burnt in Victoria by two young pieces of crap.

We need a clean break from here.

Midnight Blue
06-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Good Luck, 1argoholic,

and,

Ka' Pla !

1argoholic
06-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Great idea to sell and move back to Ontario until you hit the process. Had the septic pumped as per their inspection and home inspection both done yesterday. Talk about feeling in LIMBO! His agent said to me that the inspection looks good but until we here that the conditions are off and sale is a go you sit in limbo. He's got until June 28th so we can't pack or do squat. I have no idea how people jump around and move from province to province or to the states or over seas all the time for work. THIS SUCKS! Plus people yapping in our ears about when are you going to look for a house, pack, get a moving company etc..etc..etc.. You can't do squat until it's official. I keep thinking short tern pain for long term gain.

1argoholic
06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Official this morning, SOOOLD!!! Hopefully on a planr to Pearson on Sat and onto Peterborough to get a home. Ontario I'm coming home baby. Fall colours I can't wait to see yah, it'll bring a tear to my eyes. haha.

argolio
06-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Official this morning, SOOOLD!!! Hopefully on a planr to Pearson on Sat and onto Peterborough to get a home. Ontario I'm coming home baby. Fall colours I can't wait to see yah, it'll bring a tear to my eyes. haha.Glad to see things are working out.

It's almost as if you're coming here as a refugee the way you have described living in B.C.

Mulder
06-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Official this morning, SOOOLD!!! Hopefully on a planr to Pearson on Sat and onto Peterborough to get a home. Ontario I'm coming home baby. Fall colours I can't wait to see yah, it'll bring a tear to my eyes. haha.

Too bad you can come a day or so early :P

1argoholic
06-27-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't want to be down on all of BC. I love Victoria bigtime and will miss the great people we've met there while seeing live music. I've grown to love downtown Vancouver on our trips over. I guess the over the top laid back attitude comes across like not giving a crap to me. It's a different place moving from Mississauga to Duncan area. I'll try to not slag it at this point. After all all of our pets (kids) are BCers. haha.

I'll be missing the Argos here next week. We'll be in Ontario so they should finally win here. Guess I'll catch our game on the tube tomorrow.

WOW, I've gone on about this four years.

ticatfan
06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Congrats Mark!

Mulder
06-28-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't want to be down on all of BC. I love Victoria bigtime and will miss the great people we've met there while seeing live music. I've grown to love downtown Vancouver on our trips over. I guess the over the top laid back attitude comes across like not giving a crap to me. It's a different place moving from Mississauga to Duncan area. I'll try to not slag it at this point. After all all of our pets (kids) are BCers. haha.

I'll be missing the Argos here next week. We'll be in Ontario so they should finally win here. Guess I'll catch our game on the tube tomorrow.

WOW, I've gone on about this four years.

Oddly enough, I'll be in the peterborough/lindsey area this weekend :P

1argoholic
06-28-2013, 10:25 AM
We have a redeye into TO at 6am Sunday. Already have our first showing right in town Sunday at noon. Let the rush begin. Looking forward to seeing some summer. Our June has really been no different than the whole winter just a tad warmer. Cloud and rain all month. I won't miss this climate. Already looking forward to fall colours.

LLB997
06-29-2013, 12:31 AM
. Strange that a single older welder guy bought a four bedroom family home with extensive bird and butterfly gardens. Plus the guy travels all over BC to weld.

Congrats Mark. Hope the serial killer is very happy there. ;] . Finally you are coming home, Awesome!!!

1argoholic
07-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Man that is way too funny, Sitting in the Super 8 in Peterborough on my wife's iPad. We hit seven homes on Monday and 14 on Tues. Put an offer on a place yesterday and we got it. Sweet one owner bungalow in Douro Dummer near Rotten Lake. Hahaha,seriously, Sweet place on 2.29 acres of which plenty is forest. Sweet newer all metal garage and the home has been well loved and so clean with very little to do other than changing a few colours and bedroom floors. Ugly colours now. Inspection is at noon Thursday. Drinking a Barley Days Brewery Wind and Sail dark ale now. Knew to me and not bad.

Go Argos Go!

Midnight Blue
07-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Man that is way too funny, Sitting in the Super 8 in Peterborough on my wife's iPad. We hit seven homes on Monday and 14 on Tues. Put an offer on a place yesterday and we got it. Sweet one owner bungalow in Douro Dummer near Rotten Lake. Hahaha,seriously, Sweet place on 2.29 acres of which plenty is forest. Sweet newer all metal garage and the home has been well loved and so clean with very little to do other than changing a few colours and bedroom floors. Ugly colours now. Inspection is at noon Thursday. Drinking a Barley Days Brewery Wind and Sail dark ale now. Knew to me and not bad.

Go Argos Go!

Welcome back to Eastern Hoserville !

Ka' Pla !

LLB997
07-04-2013, 02:16 AM

Go Argos Go!

i love it when things go as planned. congrats big guy.

1argoholic
07-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Can't wait as we love our new place and we should have a great home with a few tweaks here and there. Neither of us wants to go back to BC but hey we have to pack and bring all the fur kids out.

Will
07-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Are you going to stay in the same line of work?

1argoholic
07-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Yah I'm going to be starting my landscape company up from scratch again but I'm sure it'll do much better here. Duncan Bc was too hard of a nut to crack. We're pretty close to Stoney Lake so I can hopefully get some work from folks around that beautiful spot. Hope things work out for my wife who's got a background as an accountant assistant and tech person from the job she's at now for a non profit in Duncan. Have I mentioned that We love it here.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8