Will
06-19-2013, 11:52 AM
http://instagram.com/p/avoqbVh3Up/

matthew
06-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Nice, welcome back Mr. Watkins!

mchesher03
06-19-2013, 12:04 PM
great for both the Boatmen and Watkins himself. Best thing for him regardless of why he was absent - is to be playing and focussing on football again.

thanks for posting

ArgoGabe22
06-19-2013, 12:05 PM
I wonder what he'll say to the media because you know they'll be all over him.

Will
06-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Matthew Scianitti tweeted that Watkins wouldn't reveal what the issue was, only lamented its timing is now focused on football and looked visibly happy to be back. He apologized to his teammates and received a standing ovation. I'm not sure if some were told what the issue was or not. The Argos will assess his fitness level and figure out a timetable for his return.

gilthethrill
06-19-2013, 01:05 PM
I am sure the db's who were poised to start the season had Watkins not returned are fine fine players..but having said that, having Carter & Watkins man the corners with Black in the middle make the secondary suddenly solid. Having 2 newcomers (any guesses) line up at dhb should be no problem to the unit.

Stevoman
06-19-2013, 03:11 PM
I am happy he is back. However with Pacino losing his job there are never guarantees. Here's hoping he gets up to speed quickly.

Will
06-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Again, I heard that there may have been other issues with Horne beyond what the team "officially" said.

Rocket
06-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Nice, welcome back Mr. Watkins!

Great news so happy to see him back! Can't wait for the start of the season!

ArgoGabe22
06-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Matthew Scianitti tweeted that Watkins wouldn't reveal what the issue was, only lamented its timing is now focused on football and looked visibly happy to be back.

And that's how it should be. I'm tired of the media sticking their noses in and I had thought the media would be a nuisance but then again this isn't the Leafs or the Jays where the media would send a team of mobsters to find out more details.

1argoholic
06-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Oh hell yah this is great news and hopefully being around his buds will help him. Where is that picture from. That isn't a differnt angle from that Oakville highschool is it? Man do things change fast there.

Will
06-19-2013, 05:47 PM
That is Varsity, in case you missed the memo they are playing the pre-season game tomorrow.

1argoholic
06-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Oh Yah, My mind has been everywhere but on Argo football. Listed our house on Friday and we had an offer on Sunday. Once home inspection passes and septic gets pumped we're in a mad scramble to hit Peterborough to find a house. My mind is a bit scrambled. Varsity looks so tiny now.

ArgoRavi
06-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Again, I heard that there may have been other issues with Horne beyond what the team "officially" said.

I have been surprised that the media did not pick up on what was said on here and on Twitter regarding Horne. If you only read what is in the media, you are led to believe that Horne's release was entirely performance-based.

Wobbler
06-19-2013, 11:22 PM
And that's how it should be. I'm tired of the media sticking their noses in and I had thought the media would be a nuisance but then again this isn't the Leafs or the Jays where the media would send a team of mobsters to find out more details.
Well... it's only reasonable to be curious about an all-star player who mysteriously failed to appear, don't you think? I'm content with the explanation that it was a "family thing", but I'd be happier if I knew that it wasn't something that would make me think less of him as a human or as a player.

Argo57
06-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Great to see Watkins back, seems in a good frame of mind. Pretty much says it all when your teammates give you a standing ovation upon your return to camp, completely changes the dynamic of the defence with him back!!

jerrym
06-20-2013, 02:03 AM
Best news of training camp. It's great to have an all-star back, especially when there are so many new dbs.

AngeloV
06-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Well... it's only reasonable to be curious about an all-star player who mysteriously failed to appear, don't you think? I'm content with the explanation that it was a "family thing", but I'd be happier if I knew that it wasn't something that would make me think less of him as a human or as a player.

I think the fact that he is here and had no problem getting into the country can pretty well tell you that. With today's media (especialy being an ex-NFLer) there is no way he can hide doing something bad. I respect his privacy.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8