PDA

View Full Version : Anybody notice the CFL took my advice with scheduling?

KCargosfan
06-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Some time ago I suggested that Sask open the season at Edmonton on a Saturday afternoon/night to take advantage of getting the biggest crowds possible for that game because of Edmonton's stadium size and Sask's fanbase. The rationale was to have this game to start the season when both fanbases would be rabid, therefore getting a solid 40K+ crowd. If you wait until later in the season, the Riders might suck and their fans may not travel as well. You could gamble and hope both teams are good and get a 60K crowd like in '09, but that's a role of the dice. Am I brilliant or what? :D

Of course, if the crowd is only 35K then I will say the CFL schedule-makers should not be reading message boards. haha.

Rocket
06-20-2013, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=KCargosfan;31038]Some time ago I suggested that Sask open the season at Edmonton on a Saturday afternoon/night to take advantage of getting the biggest crowds possible for that game because of Edmonton's stadium size and Sask's fanbase. The rationale was to have this game to start the season when both fanbases would be rabid, therefore getting a solid 40K+ crowd. If you wait until later in the season, the Riders might suck and their fans may not travel as well. You could gamble and hope both teams are good and get a 60K crowd like in '09, but that's a role of the dice. Am I brilliant or what? :D

Yeah I agree sounds like a good idea! Or even opening up at the new investors field would be just as good!

KCargosfan
06-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Yeah I agree sounds like a good idea! Or even opening up at the new investors field would be just as good!

Since the Investors Group Field opening will be an automatic sellout no matter who the opponent is, I would hope the CFL looked at whom is actually the Bombers' worst attendance draw, saw that it was the Als, and scheduled that.

Putting Sask there obviously would screw up Banjo Bowl/Labor Day, but you wouldn't want to waste what would be an automatic sellout anyway with the Riders on the grand opening.

paulwoods13
06-21-2013, 09:26 AM
I sure wish the schedule-maker hadn't given the Alouettes back-to-back games against the Bombers to open the season. We can pretty well count on Montreal being 2-0 after two weeks, so we better beat Hamilton since our second game is at B.C. -- not impossible to win, but certainly not easy.

ArgoRavi
06-21-2013, 11:04 AM
I sure wish the schedule-maker hadn't given the Alouettes back-to-back games against the Bombers to open the season. We can pretty well count on Montreal being 2-0 after two weeks, so we better beat Hamilton since our second game is at B.C. -- not impossible to win, but certainly not easy.

There are certainly going to be challenges once again with the schedule as we play four consecutive road games (Montreal, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton) in September.

KCargosfan
07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Well, wrong on that one. Either Sask. fans didn't travel as well as I expected, or ticket sales in Edmonton are going to be really bad this year.

294life
07-03-2013, 12:31 PM
There are certainly going to be challenges once again with the schedule as we play four consecutive road games (Montreal, Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton) in September. It does make one wonder about putting the Rogers Centre on the 100th grey cup ring.

294life
07-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Well, wrong on that one. Either Sask. fans didn't travel as well as I expected, or ticket sales in Edmonton are going to be really bad this year. There is little joy among the minions of the Evil Empire.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8