PDA

View Full Version : Practice rosters increased from 7 to 9

KCargosfan
06-22-2013, 02:44 PM
2 more Canadians, per Drew Edwards. So total roster of 55.

AngeloV
06-22-2013, 05:45 PM
I really do envy the Ti-Cats as far as having a guy like Drew Edwards covering their team. Sure beats the crappy right up Zicarelli had on the Argos game in yesterday's Sun. For starters giving Darvin Adams credit for the TD that Reggie Williams had. Did he even watch the game? Then it was all negativity about the lack of atmosphere in the stadium. What pre-season game in any sport has great atmosphere. IMO, it was a hatchet job.

With Edwards, you just know that he understands what he's talking about.

ArgoRavi
06-22-2013, 06:41 PM
I found it interesting that Zicarelli hated Varsity while Steve Buffery seemed to love it. Those were two very different views about the same event in the Sun yesterday.

It would be nice to have one of the members of the local media blogging about the Argos. Hamilton has Edwards, Montreal has Zurkowsky, B.C. has Ullrich and we have nothing.

KCargosfan
06-22-2013, 07:43 PM
I really do envy the Ti-Cats as far as having a guy like Drew Edwards covering their team. Sure beats the crappy right up Zicarelli had on the Argos game in yesterday's Sun. For starters giving Darvin Adams credit for the TD that Reggie Williams had. Did he even watch the game? Then it was all negativity about the lack of atmosphere in the stadium. What pre-season game in any sport has great atmosphere. IMO, it was a hatchet job.

With Edwards, you just know that he understands what he's talking about.

As far as a pure beat writer, Edwards is one of the best journalists around, for any sport. The Scratching Post is arguably the best one-man blog covering a pro team out there. I'm actually surprised Edwards hasn't been hired away by a bigger paper/media outlet (not that the Spectator is small by any means).

Argocister
06-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Zicerelli's article reminded me of the Tao of Pooh..... Definitely an Eeyore.... Poor guy :)

The game was fun. One has to remember that season ticket holders were given the first chance on tickets.... There is a lot of history in our season ticket holders.... And yes the average age Thurs night was high ( I bet over 50) ..... So maybe not as loud as it could be, but still fun.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8