PDA

View Full Version : List of Argonauts Friendly Bars in the GTA

Mulder
02-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Looking to start a list of Argo Friendly bars out in the GTA. Either a bar that you know will throw the game on, with or without sound. Or a bar that you know other Argo fans already go to.

Maybe we could all get together during the season at one of the bars for an away game as well.

Any thoughts? Ideas? Bars?

The Rovers Pub - 570 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON M6G 1K1

Map of Argo Friendly Bars (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=203575846944852292271.0004b8751ec09e09ad95 b&msa=0&ll=43.660079,-79.405489&spn=0.026794,0.038581)

T-Bone
02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
The Rovers Pub (http://www.dine.to/rovers) had a Grey Cup event in November and quite a few people showed up. I'm not sure if they show all the Argo away games but I got the impression they were a CFL friendly bar.

argonaut11xx
02-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Hmmmm..... I have always wanted to find a place where Argo/CFL fans would gather, watch the games etc....it would be great, especially for the away games.

I would suggest that MAKING a pub, ARGO-FRIENDLY would be much easier than finding one. If you could consistantly bring a group of 8 or more, that establishment would be very forthcoming. (My hockey team gets free stuff when we show up with 8 or more after games at our sponsors bar).

The biggest issue is geography....looks as if most of the fans who post here are not concentrated in one area, but rather spread out all over the place.

If enough folks in the east end are willing to give it a shot...im in for sure...

Will
02-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Joe Badali's is a pretty Argo friendly bar/restaurant, but it's not a sports bar. Jack Astors (at least on Front) does the Argo after-party after the games as many here know so I'd classify that as an Argo-friendly bar.

argonaut11xx
02-08-2012, 10:09 AM
would be nice if there was a "Double Blue Lounge"

Mulder
02-08-2012, 10:09 AM
Hmmmm..... I have always wanted to find a place where Argo/CFL fans would gather, watch the games etc....it would be great, especially for the away games.

I would suggest that MAKING a pub, ARGO-FRIENDLY would be much easier than finding one. If you could consistantly bring a group of 8 or more, that establishment would be very forthcoming. (My hockey team gets free stuff when we show up with 8 or more after games at our sponsors bar).

The biggest issue is geography....looks as if most of the fans who post here are not concentrated in one area, but rather spread out all over the place.

If enough folks in the east end are willing to give it a shot...im in for sure...

I agree as well, we will play our first game on the road so maybe we should try and get together then also? Throw out suggestions, and we'll see if we can come to a place

I've added a map as well and we'll start a list.

argonaut11xx
02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Well....MAYBE the first attempt at building an Argo Friendly bar could be meeting up for the CFL draft in May...sounds crazy...but might be a blast.20

Kramer watched it....

Mulder
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Well....MAYBE the first attempt at building an Argo Friendly bar could be meeting up for the CFL draft in May...sounds crazy...but might be a blast.20

Kramer watched it....

My wife hated that I put him above my fireplace. But he just fit!

http://www.argofans.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21&d=1328714980

argonaut11xx
02-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Thats AWESOME.......

ticatfan
02-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Most places will put the game on. Sound is another thing though. Philty's at Yonge and Eg has sort of separate rooms and they used to do it. (was owned by O'Shea at the time).

The Rover did have a GC party. Link: (no guarantee on it working)
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.253567928036099.63041.199364650123094&type=3

R.J
02-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Even though its primarily a restaurant, I've gone to Shoeless Joes at Courtney Park to watch a few games, they seem relatively CFL/Argo friendly.

Skinny G
02-17-2012, 10:01 AM
WEGZ up in Vaughan used to be... I've caught a game there before... that was a long time ago. I know they used to have Grey Cup showings... and had a Pinball mural prior.

Also, Archibalds in Richmond Hill used to have a Pinball mural on the side wall and St. Louis in Richmond Hill used to have the Argos flag waving (along with Leafs, Raps, Jays) before... but have never been to either.

We should take over the Football Factory at Bathurst and Richmond... the name of the pub fits! lol

llb9977
02-19-2012, 04:00 PM
went to wacky wings in Mississauga for the western final in november. i wouldnt go as far as saying they were CFL friendly but they did show the game although not on any big screen.

ArgoGabe22
02-19-2012, 10:02 PM
went to wacky wings in Mississauga for the western final in november. i wouldnt go as far as saying they were CFL friendly but they did show the game although not on any big screen.

surprised to hear that. Never went but they had a banner saying they were your CFL headquarters

T-Bone
02-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Toronto's 20 greatest sports bars (http://www.thegridto.com/city/sports/torontos-20-greatest-sports-bars/)

ticatfan
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Toronto's 20 greatest sports bars (http://www.thegridto.com/city/sports/torontos-20-greatest-sports-bars/)

I have been to 13!

ArgoGabe22
02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
You know MLSE owns Real Sports when their wings are $14.49/lb. What a ripoff!

ticatfan
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Hey Mulder, since this originated by Steiner via a reporter, I am not sure we have much more here to report back on. What do you think?

Argoscflguy
03-05-2012, 07:53 PM
hey everyone just wanna say whats up ta all those double blue fans out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about meeting somewhere would be a great idea! but you gotta have the sound on! i dont know about anyone else but thats a huge petpeave of mine! lmaooooooooooo theres a good bar in pickering tudar arms a pretty cool place with (the volume on) lol

argonaut11xx
06-16-2012, 08:00 PM
ok...where do all the ARGO fans in BC hang out?....im in the Fraser Valley...but will travel to drink with any double blue loyalists in the greater Vancouver Area...help??!!???

T-Bone
06-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Season Opener Away Game Viewing Party (http://argonauts.ca/2012-season-opener-viewing-party)

DATE: Saturday, June 30, 2012
TIME:7:00 p.m. kickoff
WHERE: Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill | 276 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario (Downtown)

Let's celebrate the 2012 season opener together! Everyone is invited to come watch the Toronto Argonauts take on the Edmonton Eskimos on June 30. We're inviting fans (that's you), cheerleaders, alumni and staff to watch the game and talk Double Blue football. The game sound will be ON (we made sure) and the big screens will be ready. Here's the best part - there are no tickets required! Put on your jersey, gather your friends and come on up.

Note: This IS an all ages event.

http://adams.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/tor/images/en/general/2012/06/crop_18465635919.jpg

Will
06-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I will be in Montreal that weekend so will not be able to attend the viewing party.

Gill The Thrill
07-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Season Opener Away Game Viewing Party (http://argonauts.ca/2012-season-opener-viewing-party)

DATE: Saturday, June 30, 2012
TIME:7:00 p.m. kickoff
WHERE: Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill | 276 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario (Downtown)

Let's celebrate the 2012 season opener together! Everyone is invited to come watch the Toronto Argonauts take on the Edmonton Eskimos on June 30. We're inviting fans (that's you), cheerleaders, alumni and staff to watch the game and talk Double Blue football. The game sound will be ON (we made sure) and the big screens will be ready. Here's the best part - there are no tickets required! Put on your jersey, gather your friends and come on up.

Note: This IS an all ages event.

http://adams.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/tor/images/en/general/2012/06/crop_18465635919.jpgSo how many people showed up to the event?

LLB997
09-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Ok, In TO for the weekend and got together with a few Mississauga buds at wacky wings for the ticats/bombers game. Well, this time the game was on 1 of the 2 big screens (thanks to me of course). When we walked in LOL the bar had (on 1 big screen ) a 12-0 Blue Jays drubbing at the hands of the Rays. The other screen had......... A curling match?. I thought about it for a few seconds and approached the bartender and asked if i could have the football game on the small screen replace the curling match. The bartender had no problem doing so. For a second i was going to ask them to replace the Jays game but TO fans always love to support the losers so i felt a bit guilty asking them to turn off 80 whopping inches of loserdom that only TO sports fans could truly apreciate and understand.
Aside from that the waitress tried to rip us off on the bill, the draft beer was watery and my buddies girlfriend had a chewed lemon wedge on her beer glass rim believe it or not. I could not recommend the place any less. avoid wacky wings. But if you do go, the nachos were not bad.

matchuk
09-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Ok, In TO for the weekend and got together with a few Mississauga buds at wacky wings for the ticats/bombers game. Well, this time the game was on 1 of the 2 big screens (thanks to me of course). When we walked in LOL the bar had (on 1 big screen ) a 12-0 Blue Jays drubbing at the hands of the Rays. The other screen had......... A curling match?. I thought about it for a few seconds and approached the bartender and asked if i could have the football game on the small screen replace the curling match. The bartender had no problem doing so. For a second i was going to ask them to replace the Jays game but TO fans always love to support the losers so i felt a bit guilty asking them to turn off 80 whopping inches of loserdom that only TO sports fans could truly apreciate and understand.
Aside from that the waitress tried to rip us off on the bill, the draft beer was watery and my buddies girlfriend had a chewed lemon wedge on her beer glass rim believe it or not. I could not recommend the place any less. avoid wacky wings. But if you do go, the nachos were not bad.

damn....hopefully they arent losing it....i was there a few times when they first opened, and had nothing but a great time....they even did have the cfl game (cant remember who was playing but not the argos) on the big screen when i walked in....havent been there in a while, but sounds sad for a place like that to go to the dogs

ArgoGabe22
09-22-2012, 05:13 PM
I mentioned Wacky Wings a long time as CFL friendly only because of the banner they had outside mentioning they show all CFL games but if the food sucks then I'll pass

7dj83r8f78t4alf8