PDA

View Full Version : Leafs vs. Red Wings in the "Big House" for Next Years Winter "Classic"

R.J
02-08-2012, 01:12 PM
The NHL will officially announce the deal tomorrow afternoon. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387219

R.J
02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Deal was officially announced today. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387317

matchuk
02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
110,000 seat stadium....that'll be great to watch specks of dust moving aroung on the ice....i think a place that size is a joke for hockey

1argoholic
02-09-2012, 11:42 PM
As a big Wolverine football fan I've been to Ann Arbor ten times for games and it would be a great place to have a game like this. It's a huge bowl with great site lines. Even from the top you'd be able to see just fine. It's more about saying you were there. For hockey they should be able to fit 115 thou. They should do it half for Leaf fans and half Red Wing fans.
By the way I love the fact that the Leafs went back to the strictly blue and white uni's. The only two teams in the league with two colours are the Leafs and Wings.

I can't wait until we move back to Ontario to take my wife to Ann Arbor for a Wolverine game. If your a football fan it's a cool place to take in a game.

ArgoRavi
02-10-2012, 12:13 AM
110,000 seat stadium....that'll be great to watch specks of dust moving aroung on the ice....i think a place that size is a joke for hockey

I am with you on this one. I hope that the novelty of these outdoor games wears off soon.

DanTheFan
02-10-2012, 09:03 AM
More tickets for more money for what usually amounts to an inferior hockey game. It's cool the Leafs get to participate in one of these, but I have mixed reaction about this. I think more than anything, it will be cool seeing the alumni game, which will feature plenty of members of the Wings when they ruled in the 90s as well as Clark, Gilmour, and the Leafs that first got me into hockey.

paulwoods13
02-10-2012, 09:17 AM
By the way I love the fact that the Leafs went back to the strictly blue and white uni's. The only two teams in the league with two colours are the Leafs and Wings.

I agree 100%. Blue and white vs. white and red (and vice versa) always looks fantastic. Wonder what retros they will wear. I hope the Wings bust out the reverse winged wheel. They used to have reversible logos like the Leafs do, but dropped the second one around 1983 or '84.

Will
02-10-2012, 11:31 AM
I am with you on this one. I hope that the novelty of these outdoor games wears off soon.

I think I remember McCown mentioning on Prime Time Sports one day that the NHL is pretty big on this outdoor game. He says he doesn't mind it happening every couple of years and I agree with him. I personally haven't watched one of the outdoor games since the first one in 2003 in Edmonton and that was mostly to see the alumni game between Gretzky, Messier, etc. versus Lafleur, etc. But, the Leafs playing in this one next year will likely get me to watch.

argolio
02-11-2012, 01:48 PM
I hope that the novelty of these outdoor games wears off soon.Only if they stop making the league money.

AngeloV
02-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I enjoy the outdoor game, as long is it stays to one or two times per year. Love the Leafs, and happy they are taking part.

1argoholic
02-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I'd like to see the NHL move every game outdoors. That'll squash the southern teams fast. haha.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8