PDA

View Full Version : Argos Survey & Free Tix

herrington2828
07-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Anyone else see the Free tickets survey sent out by the argos? Answer the survey (which I hate to say, is completely flawed) and they will give ya 2 free tickets to one of the next 3 home games. Give them full credit for giving away tix, filling the lower level and getting vital data all at once. Survey flaw is that so many questions say things like: Which Argos mechandise do you own? And instead of clicking all that apply, it lets you make one selection. Sorry, but I own a jersey a hat and a flag ... so which do I pick .. other than that the idea seems legit ......

matchuk
07-13-2013, 08:17 PM
yea, i found that strange with the survey...you cant select multiple options...also, i dont understand what information they are trying to get, the need to ask people who dont normally go for their feedback, as opposed to season ticket holders...

argofandave
07-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Was this survey emailed to season ticket holders? I'm one but I didn't get this email.

matchuk
07-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Was this survey emailed to season ticket holders? I'm one but I didn't get this email.

i think you actually have to sign up for the emails...do you get them every week for the argos? they usually send one out a week before the game...

ArgoGabe22
07-14-2013, 10:46 AM
i think you actually have to sign up for the emails...do you get them every week for the argos? they usually send one out a week before the game...

I think this is correct. My dad has the ST account while I'm signed up on the Argonauts mailing list and I got the survey and he didn't.

Ballstothewall
07-14-2013, 02:10 PM
I never got one either

AaronInToronto
07-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Got it, and completed. and yes, I had the same thought about the flaws.

marcwagz
07-15-2013, 07:33 PM
anyone know when we get our free tix?

matthew
07-16-2013, 09:33 AM
I got surveyed with similar questions at the game. Regardless I did this one too. Not sure what this survey is going to tell them they don't already know. I mean how is it helping the team to know I come with friends, eat wings and have a beer before the game and own a jersey to boot?

294life
07-16-2013, 10:24 AM
there was the following question in the survey: 'who is your favorite poster on argofans?'.

swear to god. ;)

Rocket
07-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Does anyone here know when or where we pick up the free tickets for completing the survey?

LLB997
07-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Does anyone here know when or where we pick up the free tickets for completing the survey?

I am thinking you will receive an email this week. If not hit them up on facebook.

herrington2828
07-22-2013, 10:35 AM
I am thinking you will receive an email this week. If not hit them up on facebook.

when you started the survey in the fine print it said tickets will be emailed a few days before the game subject to availability.

well subject to availability of 15,000 empy seats, I would assume I will be getting free tix

T-Bone
07-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Got my tickets for Tuesday's game via e-mail today.

flafson
07-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Really, i was under the impression that it was too good to be true, so never bothered to ask for tickets even though i filled that survey.

Any idea where/what to do to get tickets for Tuesday?

BATKINSON001
07-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Really, i was under the impression that it was too good to be true, so never bothered to ask for tickets even though i filled that survey.

Any idea where/what to do to get tickets for Tuesday?

check your email folders (inbox spam etc) my friend got his (for the tuesday game) yesterday and had me print them for him...

Mine wont come until the middle of August for the Sunday home game.

flafson
07-27-2013, 10:58 AM
check your email folders (inbox spam etc) my friend got his (for the tuesday game) yesterday and had me print them for him...

You were right, i did get an email with the tickets, looks like section 134C is all reserved for the people who filled the survey.

argomANIA
07-29-2013, 08:46 AM

I got my email Friday for the August 18th game.

BATKINSON001
07-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I got my email Friday for the August 18th game.
I got mine as well, I stand corrected in my earlier statements.

herrington2828
07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
got mine in 127 and a few friends in 134 ... at least will hopefully fill up some of the seats on that side plus, lord knows 25% of people will move to better seats, so hopefully doesn't appear as empty!

flafson
07-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Is it common to move around? I'm always afraid the people there won't let me change my seat, they stand pretty much at every section.

Will
07-29-2013, 02:39 PM
At the quarter and halftime the ushers will usually make their way down to the bottom of the section. That would be the best time to move if you are worried about that sort of thing. You could also mix yourself in with a group of people heading into a particular section or just look like you know what you're doing. I don't know how many ushers will still "insist" on seeing your ticket, but in my recent experience it hasn't been too many.

ArgoGabe22
07-29-2013, 03:18 PM
I don't know how many ushers will still "insist" on seeing your ticket, but in my recent experience it hasn't been too many.

I sit in the same 3 seats in the same section for the past 3 years but the "Team Rogers" ushers are always different each game. Last game I didn't have my ticket on me and told the usher I was with those other two who were at their seats but they still asked to see my ticket which I had to dig out of my bag. Maybe it's just my section which tends to have a lot of ST holders.

Also last game 2 sections away there was this Jewish youth group (20-30 boys) and there were 3 ushers checking all of their tickets. Yeah as if a huge group will just sit anywhere that has enough empty seats to accompany them.

Mulder
07-29-2013, 04:02 PM
I sit in the same 3 seats in the same section for the past 3 years but the "Team Rogers" ushers are always different each game. Last game I didn't have my ticket on me and told the usher I was with those other two who were at their seats but they still asked to see my ticket which I had to dig out of my bag. Maybe it's just my section which tends to have a lot of ST holders.

Also last game 2 sections away there was this Jewish youth group (20-30 boys) and there were 3 ushers checking all of their tickets. Yeah as if a huge group will just sit anywhere that has enough empty seats to accompany them.

Only happened a few times, coming down to my section seeing people in my seat, see where they end up next. Row 1 is pretty popular to try and snag.

"Umm Your in my seat"
"No I'm not!"
"I'm a season ticket holder and sat here the last 4 seasons, your in my seat"

294life
07-31-2013, 08:30 AM
just got my free tix in 134c for the august 23rd game. hope to have 25,000 for that special one.

flafson
07-31-2013, 09:13 AM
I must say that i really enjoyed the game last night, i was also in 134C, row 7 which is the second lowest row and it was really cool sitting that close to the ground. The downside, it was very hard to get any kind or reading of what happened in the play without looking at the monitor.
After the half i went to stand at the windows balcony and it was amazing, wasn't all the packed with people and you can actually see everything. Maybe next time i should just buy some cheap seats and go to the windows.

herrington2828
07-31-2013, 09:47 AM
After the half i went to stand at the windows balcony and it was amazing, wasn't all the packed with people and you can actually see everything. Maybe next time i should just buy some cheap seats and go to the windows.

I had a buddy who does that and he loves it ... says best view and a great, relaxed atmosphere up there ... that may be the only thing Rogers has ever done that has benefitted our boys

Hewie Louie
07-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Sweet! Thanks to your suggestions, I checked my junk mail and sure enough, there was my pair of tix to the game on the 23rd, section 117! Love the idea of a 30th anniversary tribute to the '83 team, but would have loved it more if they had paid tribute last night against BC... just to add a bit more animosity into that game :D

Like 294life, I'm hoping for a good crowd, and a ton of noise!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8