PDA

View Full Version : Welcome the future King George....

argonaut11xx
07-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Nice to be in a country with such rich tradition....

Welcome to the world, the future KING of Canada, George, born of William and Kate....

Most Canadians will have only known a Queen as our Monarch, now however, the future Canadians will only know a King.( Charles, then William, then George)

Myself being born in 1965, will probably not be alive to see Prince George ascend to the thrown, but it is still a remarkable time to be alive, to be a Canadian, God Save the Queen....

Canada is great

ArgoGabe22
07-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Just curious has the Queen (or any of the royal family) ever been to a CFL game? I prosposed that the current Earl of Grey should have been invited to the 100th GC but that never happened but I do know last year her majesty wrote this message...

It is with great pleasure that I extend my sincere best wishes to all Canadians as they prepare to mark the 100th Grey Cup – a trophy first donated by The Earl of Grey in 1909 who served with distinction and pride as Governor-General of Canada from 1909 to 1911.
I note with some interest that, on the same weekend that the championship game of the Canadian Football League is being played in Toronto, the city will also play host to the Canadian inter-university sport football contest. The winning team will be the recipient of the Vanier Cup, which is named after another distinguished Governor-General – Major-General Georges Vanier. In this way, the link between the Canadian Crown and Canadian football is particularly meaningful – especially in this year when the 100th Grey Cup coincides with my Diamond Jubilee as Queen of Canada.
I wish all teams, players and fans a most enjoyable weekend.

294life
07-25-2013, 02:38 PM
I'd like to see her in Regina considering that the city bears a royal name. But maybe a tad too chilly for the mum.

ArgoRavi
07-25-2013, 03:00 PM
Just curious has the Queen (or any of the royal family) ever been to a CFL game? I prosposed that the current Earl of Grey should have been invited to the 100th GC but that never happened but I do know last year her majesty wrote this message...

The Queen attended a Hamilton/Ottawa game at Lansdowne Park back in the late 1970s IIRC.

1argoholic
07-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Maybe the Queen could sell off a few jewels and put a stadium in TO for the Argos. Maybe off The Queensway somewhere. Perhaps on Queen or even King. Hell we'll even call it The Queen Dome. All Brits welcome.

Argocister
07-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Maybe the Queen could sell off a few jewels and put a stadium in TO for the Argos. Maybe off The Queensway somewhere. Perhaps on Queen or even King. Hell we'll even call it The Queen Dome. All Brits welcome.

I like this idea.... Do you think Rob Ford can negotiate that? .... Love to be the fly on the wall during that discussion.

The Argos have a King, and a Mister Alexander..... We just need a Louis now

ArgoRavi
07-25-2013, 06:46 PM
I just saw Harry on TV. There is no way that he is Charles's son as he is the spitting image of Diana's lover. Will that scandal ever break?

1argoholic
07-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Harry can't be Charles's son as he's too cool and would be the only royal worth hanging out with. Actually I should reword that after his Vegas trip. haha. I don't hang out with guys like that. haha.

AngeloV
07-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Isn't it about time that the world stopped recognizing royalty?

Wobbler
07-27-2013, 06:26 PM
And go without Whoppers? That would be awful!

Will
07-28-2013, 10:19 AM

I think we as Canadians should have that conversation once the current Queen passes away.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8