PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Mister Alexander

Wobbler
07-26-2013, 06:37 PM
We released him today. I assume that we want to bring Lindsey or one of the LBs off the PR and Alexander balked at going back there.

1argoholic
07-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Here a cut, there a cut, everywhere a cut cut. How many guys will end up wearing double blue in a game this year?

Ron
07-27-2013, 03:25 AM
Here a cut, there a cut, everywhere a cut cut. How many guys will end up wearing double blue in a game this year?

If they win ... who cares.

paulwoods13
07-27-2013, 07:33 AM
I have to say I'm not overly impressed with the recruiting on defence this season. A number of guys who made the team out of camp have subsequently been found wanting. I still have faith in Jones as a player personnel guy and a DC, but events to date are disappointing in both areas.

Argo57
07-27-2013, 09:37 AM
I have to say I'm not overly impressed with the recruiting on defence this season. A number of guys who made the team out of camp have subsequently been found wanting. I still have faith in Jones as a player personnel guy and a DC, but events to date are disappointing in both areas.

I was thinking the same thing at the last home game. Signed a lot of guys (Marah, Horsley, Leak, Alexander) and more, some as free agents or from the evaluation camps that immediately either didn't look good enough or well suited to the Canadian game and were early cuts.
Quite often it looks like quantity over quality in the recruiting process.
A lot of us (myself included) took some shots at Winnipeg before the season started but a couple of the D linemen they have recruited in the last couple of years would look good in the Double Blue lineup!!

ArgoGabe22
07-27-2013, 12:09 PM
I think in the Milanovich + Barker era we have had the most transactions in the whole league. I don't have any proof but it seems guys come cand go so often. It also seems we activate guys on and off of the PR all the time too. Tonye-Tonye gets signed to the PR but plays the first the week on specials.

AngeloV
07-27-2013, 05:00 PM
A lot of us (myself included) took some shots at Winnipeg before the season started but a couple of the D linemen they have recruited in the last couple of years would look good in the Double Blue lineup!!

Winnipeg's D-line puts up great stats, but that can be so overrated at times. The way Calgary, with a QB making his first pro start, beat them over and over with the screen pass last night also says something about that d-line.

Tonye-Tonye gets signed to the PR but plays the first the week on specials.

Maybe another team tried to sign him and the Argos had to activate or lose him?

Wobbler
07-27-2013, 05:54 PM
As I've said before, I'm a big fan of giving the PR guys shots as frequently as possible. And - heartless robot that I am - I'm glad that our staff has little reluctance to make changes when they see an opportunity to improve the team. Players are much closer to commodities than family.

Argo57
07-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Winnipeg's D-line puts up great stats, but that can be so overrated at times. The way Calgary, with a QB making his first pro start, beat them over and over with the screen pass last night also says something about that d-line.

Maybe another team tried to sign him and the Argos had to activate or lose him?

Or perhaps it says more about their linebackers.

doubleblue
07-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Mister Alexander didn't get to the QB and neither did Niko Brown so they keep looking. Maybe this Lindsey guy will be the one. It has been a while since the Argos have had a real dominating RE. Jonathan Brown wasn't bad, but I would like to see another Ed Harrington type.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8