PDA

View Full Version : Argos email is this a scam?

tennyis
07-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Yesterday I got a phone call and an email from "Brian Evans" He also left me a voicemail. Is this legit? It reads a bit like a scam.

"Hi Mike,

Your Argos Account # 1767665

Greta to chat with you today. I just wanted to tell you about how we can SAVE you money the next time you get Argos tickets. I know you were down to the game on June the 28th for our home opener. What a game that was with all the scoring and lead changes. The game went down to the last play and best of all the ARGOS WIN!!!!!! It was almost as fun as last years Grey Cup win..... " it goes on with info about tickets and what not.

Ya never know these days... and I do plan on going to 2 more games so before I go giving out my credit card information I thought I would ask here. Also how the heck did he know I was at the home opener lol. I also never chatted with him (he did leave a voicemail) and there are some spelling mistakes so it's making me think its a scam.

Mulder
07-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Yesterday I got a phone call and an email from "Brian Evans" He also left me a voicemail. Is this legit? It reads a bit like a scam.

"Hi Mike,

Your Argos Account # 1767665

Greta to chat with you today. I just wanted to tell you about how we can SAVE you money the next time you get Argos tickets. I know you were down to the game on June the 28th for our home opener. What a game that was with all the scoring and lead changes. The game went down to the last play and best of all the ARGOS WIN!!!!!! It was almost as fun as last years Grey Cup win..... " it goes on with info about tickets and what not.

Ya never know these days... and I do plan on going to 2 more games so before I go giving out my credit card information I thought I would ask here. Also how the heck did he know I was at the home opener lol. I also never chatted with him (he did leave a voicemail) and there are some spelling mistakes so it's making me think its a scam.

Looks like Brian Evens works for the team. I would call the Argos office. 416-341-2746 (ARGO)

http://argonauts.ca/page/front-office-football-operations

Account Executive, Ticket Sales & Service
Brian Evans

Will
07-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Did you buy your home opener tickets through ticketmaster? Somehow, the teams get your data through that. I have been contacted by the Tiger-Cats and Alouettes directly because I bought tickets through ticketmaster. Mulder is correct that Brian Evans is an employee of the Argos. I think he's the middle-aged gentlemen you see at many Argo community events.

tennyis
07-29-2013, 11:04 AM
yes I did buy from ticketmaster so I guess that all makes sense now haha. Better to be safe then sorry!

Will
07-29-2013, 12:10 PM
yes I did buy from ticketmaster so I guess that all makes sense now haha. Better to be safe then sorry!

When it comes to internet security it never helps to ask!

argonaut11xx
07-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Brian has been with the Argo`s for a long time now...when C&S first bought the team, Brian brought a bunch of Argo Cheerleaders, and a blow up game to a fundraiser for a hockey team that i was coaching in Oshawa. (2004 august)

He is a good guy,

ArgoAnge
07-29-2013, 07:56 PM
I got a similar call a few days ago, but from a Ryan Burgess. I checked as well to be sure, lol, and sure enough he's a ticket exec with the Argos. Of course the call came about a week AFTER I bought tickets for another game, boo! I'll still call, if they save me enough maybe I can afford to go to a third game later in the season!
:D

ticatfan
07-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Brian has been with the Argo`s for a long time now...when C&S first bought the team, Brian brought a bunch of Argo Cheerleaders, and a blow up game to a fundraiser for a hockey team that i was coaching in Oshawa. (2004 august)

He is a good guy,

Brian is a good guy. However, you should always check on those type of things. Anyone could just use his name. I can try to check with him if you like tennyis or is it a non issue now?

T-Bone
07-30-2013, 09:22 AM
It's obvious the Argos are making a push to get people in to the Rogers Centre with e-mails, phone calls, and surveys.

tennyis
07-30-2013, 09:39 AM
It's obvious the Argos are making a push to get people in to the Rogers Centre with e-mails, phone calls, and surveys.

Ya it came across as a bit desperate to me..,. but from what others are saying every team is doing it so I guess it is standard practice.

tennyis
07-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Brian is a good guy. However, you should always check on those type of things. Anyone could just use his name. I can try to check with him if you like tennyis or is it a non issue now?

I am confident that it is legit now, when I go to place my order I will call the Argos head office number and ask for him that way. I am looking at going with bronze level tickets and the 6 pack, any tips for the best section to sit in?

the home opener I got gold seats at about the 30 yard line 1st row but found the people sitting at the sideline seats blocked my view so I'm going to try the cheaper seats.

tennyis
08-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Ordered my tickets today and he was great to deal with! 4 tickets in the bronze level for 100 bucks all taxes and fees in! great deal, if anyone is looking for tickets give him a call!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8