PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2013 thread-Trestman watch

294life
08-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh dear, a 24-17 loss at his first pre-season game. Just fire him already and send him back to Mtl. ;)

Argocister
08-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Oh dear, a 24-17 loss at his first pre-season game. Just fire him already and send him back to Mtl. ;)
I was listening to Mike Hogan Sat afternoon and caught the conversation with an ESPN person regarding the various preseason games. When discussing this game, it was noted there may be a bit of a power struggle over the play calling. Cutler wants to be able to call his own... And we all know Trestman likes to have his fingers in the pie...er.... Play calling.

ArgoRavi
08-11-2013, 07:45 PM
I was listening to Mike Hogan Sat afternoon and caught the conversation with an ESPN person regarding the various preseason games. When discussing this game, it was noted there may be a bit of a power struggle over the play calling. Cutler wants to be able to call his own... And we all know Trestman likes to have his fingers in the pie...er.... Play calling.

That is surprising to hear as I didn't think that any NFL QB called their own plays.

AngeloV
08-11-2013, 10:42 PM

Actually in that interview it was said that Cutler wants to be able to audible out of a play...something that any vet QB should be able to do. Hogan's guest (Lee Hamilton--a regular on Hogan's shows) said that Trestman has no problem with that, but the QB better make the right call.

294life
08-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Not much different from Calvillo. Except AC usually made the right call. Cutler's a head case.

294life
08-16-2013, 10:30 AM
a few brain farts from Cutler but overall impressive with the 'A' team on the field.

some free publicity for the Alouettes on ESPN thanks to Marc. Not once was the word 'Argonaut' shown or mentioned. :D

Will
08-16-2013, 10:36 AM
a few brain farts from Cutler but overall impressive with the 'A' team on the field.

some free publicity for the Alouettes on ESPN thanks to Marc. Not once was the word 'Argonaut' shown or mentioned. :D

Why would it have been?

294life
08-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Why would it have been?

exactly my point.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8