PDA

View Full Version : Tony Washington practicing at DT?

Will
08-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Argos lineman sees both sides now. (http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/15/argos-lineman-sees-both-sides-now?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

“Tony is a good enough athlete to fill in there,” head coach Scott Milanovich said. “At this point, it’s nothing more than an emergency type thing. He’s a tackle and a good one and that’s where he’s going to earn his money for the long haul.”

Wobbler
08-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Our DL must be pretty banged up indeed to try something like this. But it would be terrific if he turns out to have a knack for it. With Tyler Holmes probably becoming available in September, Matt Sewell probably joining us next year, and Rogers and King both looking just fine, OL competition will get tougher. A move to DT might be good for Tony's career.

mchesher03
08-16-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm quite surprised by this - the same Tony Washington who basically took over at LT at this point last year and helped solidify our line for the rest of the year. I guess Rogers has really locked down the spot while Washington has been hurt?

Also agree given what wobbler said above - with Sewell, Reinders on the up and up and non-imports - tougher competition at offensive tackle then defensive tackle. Given Khalif is likely gone after next year - it's likely another position that will turnover in the off season too.

gilthethrill
08-16-2013, 11:26 AM
I think the coaching staff are very happy with the play of Rogers & King on the O-line, so Washington has to make a position switch to keep his roster spot.

KCargosfan
08-17-2013, 03:29 AM
Any clue what kind of $$ Washington is making? 65K maybe?

7dj83r8f78t4alf8