PDA

View Full Version : Lions trim their beard

bluto
08-16-2013, 11:44 AM
http://www.cfl.ca/article/lions-release-canadian-kicker-oneill

Apparently a contract issue... i'd be interested in trying him out.

Wobbler
08-16-2013, 12:32 PM
You've got my vote for thread title of the year (so far), Bluto.

And I agree, we should have a look at him. Waters is a good kicker but he seems a bit injury prone, so having a backup is extra important. Pre is fine for now, but he obviously isn't a long-term solution.

AngeloV
08-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Definitely bring him in for a look.

ArgoRavi
08-16-2013, 02:16 PM
I agree that the Argos should be on the phone with O'Neill's agent a.s.a.p. It would be great to see that beard in Toronto.

Stevoman
08-16-2013, 02:21 PM
I agree with signing him for a tryout.

KCargosfan
08-17-2013, 03:31 AM
Definitely bring him in for a look.

Agreed. The Beard should be in Toronto asap.

D-Gap-Willie
08-17-2013, 10:40 AM
He was in his option year and wanted a better new contract. Buono was down on his kickoff performance and wasn't offering much. Buono shopped him through the league before releasing him.

Worth a look but, who knows what he will want. Probably will not be content with practice roster.

bluto
08-17-2013, 11:11 AM
i expect to see a few players in their final year refusing to extend.

with the new CBA coming next year and likely significantly higher... it's in a player's best interest not to sign prior to that.

The Beard is the second high profile NI we've heard of who has turned down the chance to extend (H Muamba).

ArgoRavi
08-17-2013, 03:54 PM
i expect to see a few players in their final year refusing to extend.

with the new CBA coming next year and likely significantly higher... it's in a player's best interest not to sign prior to that.

The Beard is the second high profile NI we've heard of who has turned down the chance to extend (H Muamba).

Interestingly, one of the Bombers fans on their forum mentioned that Muamba was talking about his pending free agent status after last night's game. Perhaps he can't wait to bail on that rapidly sinking ship.

D-Gap-Willie
08-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Interestingly, one of the Bombers fans on their forum mentioned that Muamba was talking about his pending free agent status after last night's game. Perhaps he can't wait to bail on that rapidly sinking ship.

I don't know why, but your post brought back a flood of memories of the Argos plight not so long ago. The Bombers certainly have all my sympathy in their efforts to get off the slippery slope. For their sake and the league.

bluto
08-18-2013, 11:21 AM

which forum? OB, MBB or TEP? i think it's mentioned on all 3

ArgoRavi
08-18-2013, 04:45 PM
which forum? OB, MBB or TEP? i think it's mentioned on all 3

OB is where I saw it mentioned.

Will
08-19-2013, 12:35 AM
He signed with Edmonton.

ArgoRavi
08-19-2013, 01:28 AM
If the Esks release Grant Shaw in favour of O'Neill, perhaps we should bring Shaw back to Toronto. I wouldn't have him kick field goals but his strong leg would be handy for kickoffs at least in Waters' absence.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8