PDA

View Full Version : Argos' offence spreading around the success

Will
08-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Article about receiving corps. (http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/21/argos-offence-spreading-around-the-success)

Remember a few years ago when we were all complaining here about the lack of talent in our receiving corps? That seems like a far away time doesn't it? Even guys who aren't necessarily getting the ball all the time are contributing like Jason Barnes who has five touchdowns to lead the team. Chiles stepped up nicely in Inman's absence as well. Speaking of Inman looks like he has a personal issue at home he had to go tend to.

ArgoRavi
08-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Article about receiving corps. (http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/21/argos-offence-spreading-around-the-success)

Remember a few years ago when we were all complaining here about the lack of talent in our receiving corps? That seems like a far away time doesn't it? Even guys who aren't necessarily getting the ball all the time are contributing like Jason Barnes who has five touchdowns to lead the team. Chiles stepped up nicely in Inman's absence as well. Speaking of Inman looks like he has a personal issue at home he had to go tend to.

In fact, it was only two years ago that we were bemoaning the seemingly sad state of our receiving corps. This is certainly the deepest receiving corps that the Argos have had in a long time. Great to see the classic helmets in the accompanying photo btw!

Midnight Blue
08-22-2013, 10:10 PM
In fact, it was only two years ago that we were bemoaning the seemingly sad state of our receiving corps. This is certainly the deepest receiving corps that the Argos have had in a long time. Great to see the classic helmets in the accompanying photo btw!

Agreed. In fact, maybe it was even last year, early-mid season, that I recall concern being expressed on this forum about receivers.

Now, all of these great catches are great, but I must admit, that I miss the smash-mouth running game.

Ka' Pla !

Will
08-22-2013, 10:16 PM
You are probably correct on that one Midnight. Much of the criticism probably would have been centered on Jason Barnes lack of production, but I don't remember anything else specifically.

Wobbler
08-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Does anyone remember how worried we were about Owens' ball handling? Both on returns and while seeking YAC, Owens was exposing the ball and having it knocked away far too frequently. This has been fixed. I can't remember the last time I was worried that he would fumble.

There have been a lot of personnel/coaching/technique changes that aren't always noticeable, but have significantly improved this team.

Will
08-22-2013, 10:39 PM
I remember being pretty annoyed with Owens after the loss in Hamilton in July where he fumbled several times. He has seemingly improved in that department so far.

ArgoRavi
08-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Does anyone remember how worried we were about Owens' ball handling? Both on returns and while seeking YAC, Owens was exposing the ball and having it knocked away far too frequently. This has been fixed. I can't remember the last time I was worried that he would fumble.

There have been a lot of personnel/coaching/technique changes that aren't always noticeable, but have significantly improved this team.

IIRC, Owens sustained a thumb or finger injury late last season in Regina but that still doesn't explain his fumbles the rest of the season. He has been outstanding with ball security so far this season (touch wood).

doubleblue
08-23-2013, 11:00 AM
In fact, it was only two years ago that we were bemoaning the seemingly sad state of our receiving corps. This is certainly the deepest receiving corps that the Argos have had in a long time. Great to see the classic helmets in the accompanying photo btw! It does look like the Argos have finally found a deep passing threat in Chiles. The next thing will be now, can we keep him. I thought I read some where that the Argos were going to use the 1983 helmets tonight. If they do I would love to see them keep it. I never have warmed up to that Jason guy on the helmets.

Will
08-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Jason hasn't been on the helmets or logo since 2004.

Will
08-23-2013, 11:40 PM
IIRC, Owens sustained a thumb or finger injury late last season in Regina but that still doesn't explain his fumbles the rest of the season. He has been outstanding with ball security so far this season (touch wood).

Ravi, you jinxed him!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8