PDA

View Full Version : Four Thousand Hits....

argonaut11xx
08-22-2013, 12:55 PM
So Ichiro gets 4000 career hits ....a pretty impressive accomplishment.

The sports radio guys in BC (which as an aside are the most brutal i have ever heard)..are blasting Pete Rose and some others for saying that they shouldnt count the hits that he had in Japan. (roughly 2800 in MLB, and the balance in Japan)

Made me think...

1- I kinda agree with Pete Rose,

2- Im pissed that the idiot DJ's didnt relate to Warren Moon (for example), to further their point (His yardage totals in both PRO leagues were at one time the highest ever)

So as im driving along, im argueing with myself.....

The CFL is a Pro league, as is Japanesse Baseball, so its PRO stats...for sure...but because im ignorant to the talent level of the Japan League, im siding with Pete Rose et all, as Ichiro didnt get 4000 hits in MLB....

AARRGGHHH.....your thoughts?

ArgoGabe22
08-22-2013, 01:18 PM
It should count. Those pitching in the Japanese league are probably no worse than the 3,4,5 pitchers in an MLB rotation. Some are former major leaguers, Japanese all-stars, or young Asian prospects. It's league is also very strong, different but it's still a great league. If he recorded most of his hits in the Mongolian baseball league then ok maybe it shouldn't count but because the Japanese league is strong I say it should count.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8