PDA

View Full Version : Question about Argos VHS I have

Will
08-28-2013, 05:25 PM
It is a 1987 Argos yearbook done in NFL films style I guess you can say with a summary of the 1987 season, profile of important players and recaps of the playoff games as well as a preview of some domed stadium they were building at the time. Is anyone else familiar with this and did the Argos do any other videos similar?

ArgoFan1
08-28-2013, 06:09 PM
The Argos put out a great dvd after the 1991 season. I still have it. That was the year of the Rocket and the Grey Cup win.

ArgoZ
08-28-2013, 07:27 PM
The Argos put out a great dvd after the 1991 season. I still have it. That was the year of the Rocket and the Grey Cup win.

Glory Days was the title. It's a great recap of that 91 year. The excitement, the crowds and Argo Legends. Cool stuff, except for what sounds like a cat meowing throughout the whole video. Listen for it, drives me nuts.

argofandave
09-02-2013, 09:56 PM
It is a 1987 Argos yearbook done in NFL films style I guess you can say with a summary of the 1987 season, profile of important players and recaps of the playoff games as well as a preview of some domed stadium they were building at the time. Is anyone else familiar with this and did the Argos do any other videos similar?
I have this VHS tape as well. I think that it was a promotional item to encourage season ticket sales. I got mine when I ordered season tickets for the first time in 1988 but I'm not sure if it was just for new season ticket holders or for all season ticket holders. I also have the Glory Days tape from 1991, the Flutieball tape from 1996, and the Double Blue! Double Grey! tape from 1997. There were CFL tapes covering the entire league as well. There was the Year of the Lions from 1985, the Spirit of '88 from 1988, and CFL Spectacular from 1990. I'm sure there are other as well.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8