PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow Cut By Patriots

flafson
08-31-2013, 06:54 PM
I know that there is an NFL cuts thread in the other subsection but i thought ill start his own thread.
Anyway, Tebow was cut from their 53 men cut. I don't recall who has his rights but i'm pretty sure someone has it.

What do you guys think the chances of him coming to the CFL? He obviously wants to play...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/31/new-england-patriots-release-tim-tebow/

ArgoRavi
08-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Montreal owns his CFL rights. If he wants to give it a try, I am sure that Popp would have him. Can he succeed at this level?

argos1873
08-31-2013, 08:28 PM
I sort of see this situation paralleling the Doug Flutie situation in his first stint in the NFL. Great college career, then in the NFL he was too this, not enough that, to all the so-called experts, and was let go by the Pats. If I recall, Flutie had a pretty good career in the CFL.

But I'm only parelling the situation. I don't think Tebow will be as successful up here as Flutie, but I think with his mobility, he has a chance of being at least decent. With this probably being AC's last year, I think both the Als and TT, don't have much to lose by trying each other out.

newbieargosfan85
08-31-2013, 09:06 PM
hey,
I'm new here, this is my first post but I think Tebow would be great for the CFL. The Als should be scrambling to get his services. Tebow can only bring good to the CFL, when was the last time we've had a football player with this kind of following on either side of the border? For some reason people are just drawn to this guy, he's a huge draw. That's why I don't understand why NFL team's don't give him a shot. What do the Patriots have to lose by having him as a third string QB and putting him in for some short yardage plays now and then? I think sometimes everyone get's way too caught up in the stats and the x's and o's rather than the entertainment value. In terms of marketing, Tebow is up there with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. It would be awesome if he came to the CFL, imagine the crowd at the Rogers Centre if Tebow were a possible opponent. We love our short yardage guys here in Canada so he would have the potential to see a fair amount of action. I really hope we can get him up to Canada.

doubleblue
08-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Tebow would be a great FB/TE with some direct snaps or wildcat options thrown in. But I imagine he has already turned down those type of suggestions from NFL people. Could he succeed in the CFL at QB? His passing is questionable that's for sure. Some players just have a knack for getting the job done even if they don't score high in the tests they do nowadays. You never know until you play the games that count. He would be a good draw for a while, and then if he didn't perform it would quickly grow old. If Trestman had stayed in Montreal I think he would have given Tebow a chance, Popp doesn't seem as eager to try.

flafson
08-31-2013, 11:50 PM
It's a double edged sword for Tebow. On one hand, if he does well, it could be a short drive back to the NFL. If he doesn't, his pro career could be over in a heart beat.

LLB997
08-31-2013, 11:58 PM
According to Warren Moon , Tebow does not have the arm for the CFL. I am inclined to agree and I don't think he would come up to be anything but a starter.

argos1873
09-01-2013, 12:07 AM
It's a double edged sword for Tebow. On one hand, if he does well, it could be a short drive back to the NFL. If he doesn't, his pro career could be over in a heart beat.

How is that a double edged sword for anyone?

argos1873
09-01-2013, 12:13 AM
According to Warren Moon , Tebow does not have the arm for the CFL. I am inclined to agree and I don't think he would come up to be anything but a starter.

Michael Bishop had way more than enough arm strength to make it in any league, but never really made it anywhere. Arm strength, while important, is but only one attribute of a QB. Does he really have less arm strength than Doug Flutie had, just for example.

LLB997
09-01-2013, 01:09 AM
Michael Bishop had way more than enough arm strength to make it in any league, but never really made it anywhere. Arm strength, while important, is but only one attribute of a QB. Does he really have less arm strength than Doug Flutie had, just for example. Pretty important attribute. I think Mr. Moon knows of what he speaks. You are kind of arguing a different poin twith Bishop. You are saying a strong arm will not guarantee success in the CFL where Warren Moon was saying his weak throwing arm will guarantee he will be a failure in the CFL. In reality nobody can guarantee anything but I would lean towards him coming up short and certainly could not imagine him lighting it up. MTL should give him a shot , lets see what transpires. Tebow failing immediately while having 1 decent season in the NFL should provide fuel for the CFL fans in the all too certain internet cfl/nfl troll wars that will follow.

argos1873
09-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Pretty important attribute. I think Mr. Moon knows of what he speaks. You are kind of arguing a different poin twith Bishop. You are saying a strong arm will not guarantee success in the CFL where Warren Moon was saying his weak throwing arm will guarantee he will be a failure in the CFL. In reality nobody can guarantee anything but I would lean towards him coming up short and certainly could not imagine him lighting it up. MTL should give him a shot , lets see what transpires. Tebow failing immediately while having 1 decent season in the NFL should provide fuel for the CFL fans in the all too certain internet cfl/nfl troll wars that will follow.

It's an important attribute, but are you saying all CFL QBs have a better arm than Tebow's? But then when has a strong arm been a more important attribute than mobility in the CFL? Mobility has always been the key, and Tebow has that in spades. Do you really think his arm strength negates his mobility?

As far as fuel for the troll wars, who cares, I would rather see him make it up here, than to feed the trolls.

flafson
09-01-2013, 02:07 AM

It is for him, he may lose more by trying it in the CFL than maybe sticking as a backup somewhere in the NFL.

AngeloV
09-01-2013, 02:17 AM
I don't know...I was in his corner in the past, but I watched him play this past week. Some of the balls he threw were no where near his receivers. Arm strength is an issue, but I think accuracy, or lack there of, is the real issue.

ArgoZ
09-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Most QB's can throw 70 yards, even Flutie. Can Tebow throw that far? That is all he needs. Even when Flutie looked like he lost some distance, he always had that zip too the ball. This was especially apparent in his NFL days. He would really hit the receiver with a "pop" sound. Does Tebow have no "pop" to his ball? Ricky Ray doesn't have much of this quality and he is successful. Of course, RR is laser accurate and as AngeloV says, that might be the real problem with Tebow. Another thing that puzzles me is that, how can Tebow have no arm strength? His arms are huge! If true, his technique must be horrible, but how do you become a pro QB with that?

AngeloV
09-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Most QB's can throw 70 yards, even Flutie. Can Tebow throw that far? That is all he needs. Even when Flutie looked like he lost some distance, he always had that zip too the ball. This was especially apparent in his NFL days. He would really hit the receiver with a "pop" sound. Does Tebow have no "pop" to his ball? Ricky Ray doesn't have much of this quality and he is successful. Of course, RR is laser accurate and as AngeloV says, that might be the real problem with Tebow. Another thing that puzzles me is that, how can Tebow have no arm strength? His arms are huge! If true, his technique must be horrible, but how do you become a pro QB with that?

I honestly don't think that most QB's can throw 70 yards (close, but not quite) Fultie's Boston College hail mary pass went 65 yards and he was able to take a run up of about 5 yards before releasing the ball. QB's only get that type of luxury on hail mary type plays. I think your looking at maybe 50% of all pro QB's that can throw 70 yards from a typical throwing position in a game situation.

I think Tebow might max out at 55, but it's not distance that really matters. It's quickness of release and how fast the ball can get to the target area that matters as far as arm strength is concerned.

I don't think Ricky Ray can throw much more than 55-60, but it doesn't matter. He is so good at reading the D, and is so accurate, arm strength is not an issue for him.

Argo-Les
09-01-2013, 10:08 AM
montreal can have this guy! GO COLLY!

flafson
09-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Tebow has an awkward left handed throw, i think he has the power just no accuracy.

294life
09-01-2013, 02:26 PM

One edge just happened to be dull.

LLB997
09-01-2013, 03:54 PM
montreal can have this guy! GO COLLY!. Bingo! Speaking of QBs, HEnry BUrris just walked by me at terminal 1 @ Pearson. NIce guy , I see why they call him smilin HAnk.

ArgoRavi
09-01-2013, 03:58 PM
It is for him, he may lose more by trying it in the CFL than maybe sticking as a backup somewhere in the NFL.

I think that Tebow is now radioactive to NFL teams and is done in that league. They don't perceive him to be good enough to play in that league and he is a distraction to have on the roster because of his popularity with some fans and media. Even if he lights it up in the CFL, which I seriously doubt, I don't think that the NFL would take him back.

Regarding his mobility, yes, it is nice to have that in the CFL but Kevin Mason had lots of mobility and how did things turn out for him? Same for Eric Crouch. As AngeloV said, you have to be able to throw an accurate ball and that seems to be where Tebow is lacking. Having said that, Montreal has nothing to lose by looking at him.

Argo57
09-01-2013, 06:44 PM
. Bingo! Speaking of QBs, HEnry BUrris just walked by me at terminal 1 @ Pearson. NIce guy , I see why they call him smilin HAnk.

Met Burris last year at a Ticat open practice last year that I took my sons to, he is a classy guy for sure, very gracious with the kids!!!

matchuk
09-01-2013, 09:23 PM
hey,
For some reason people are just drawn to this guy, he's a huge draw. That's why I don't understand why NFL team's don't give him a shot. What do the Patriots have to lose by having him as a third string QB and putting him in for some short yardage plays now and then? I think sometimes everyone get's way too caught up in the stats and the x's and o's rather than the entertainment value. In terms of marketing, Tebow is up there with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. It would be awesome if he came to the CFL, imagine the crowd at the Rogers Centre if Tebow were a possible opponent. We love our short yardage guys here in Canada so he would have the potential to see a fair amount of action. I really hope we can get him up to Canada.

nfl teams, who sell out 70,000+ seats each game, who make millions upon millions each season, dont need tim tebow to make them money...i do agree that people follow this guy hand over foot (i have no clue why) and he would sell tickets in the cfl for that reason...id like to see him up here strictly for that, cfl success...

paulwoods13
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
I've said before and I'll say it again, I think the novelty factor for Tebow (as far as selling tickets goes) would wear off almost instantly. He might give a team or two a slightly higher gate, but he does not transcend the sport the way, for instance, Gretzky did when he was traded/sold to L.A. Sure, some people who aren't football fans have heard of Tebow, but I don't see many of them suddenly deciding to buy tickets. Some football fans who don't normally go to CFL games might buy tickets for a game to see him, but since he is extremely unlikely to dominate on the field, I can't see that effect lasting.

OV Argo
09-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Not sure if Tebow could be an impact CFL QB, but maybe and it would be interesting to see IMO.

I am kinda amused by all the Tebow haters out there (at least some of the commentators i've heard from on some CFL fan forums); seems to me, their hatred or scoffing or lack of respect comes from 2 basic factors: 1 - they don't like his religious background or personal life or attention he geys; and 2 - these are the types who are inclined to believe/back/be in love with football "expert" sources and are very happy to see Tebow being rejected by the NFL as some sort of "proof" that these expert sources are right - he doesn't have enough "arm strength", has poor throwing "mechanics", can read a defence, only a running QB, etc. And of course - a lot of these experts and their lemmings believed Doug Flutie was not a pro "calibre" QB; and a lot of these lemmings believe a lot of stuff about other QBs or players in general - with often next to little or even zero on field evidence to go by. Tebow was an outstanding QB in college ball, and he had some success in some NFL opportunity - but maybe he should be written off for good as the experts always know best.

:o

ArgoGabe22
09-02-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't get the whole religious thing. There has been many like that before him and there will be many more after. Not sure why he gets the most hate.

ArgoZ
09-02-2013, 11:41 AM
I don't get the whole religious thing. There has been many like that before him and there will be many more after. Not sure why he gets the most hate.

As time goes on, religion becomes less supported, especially in North America. Religion is blamed for wars, terrorism, racism , you name it. It never used to be this way as people would simply go to church and live their lives. There is a lot more hate towards religion now, especially when you throw it in peoples faces, and it will increase.

ArgoGabe22
09-02-2013, 11:50 AM
As time goes on, religion becomes less supported, especially in North America. Religion is blamed for wars, terrorism, racism , you name it. It never used to be this way as people would simply go to church and live their lives. There is a lot more hate towards religion now, especially when you throw it in peoples faces, and it will increase.

Yes but Shaun Alexander was very vocal on his faith and he only recently retired a few years ago. Everyone knew Ben Cahoon was Mormon (though he never flaunted it) and we are not talking about the 1950's here. Does Tebow show off his faith more than anybody else? Yes but that may be because the media doesn't care about the 3rd stringers who pray in the endzone or at half after the game. I understand your point but I don't think it translates to everyone picking on Tebow from 2011-2013.

ArgoRavi
09-02-2013, 06:00 PM

He is strongly against abortion and pre-marital sex as well so he has popularity with a certain group of people who, while their influence is declining, is still significant enough in numbers. I don't want to get too deep into politics here but part of Tebow's appeal is political as well as religious (think the fundamentalist Republicans south of the border). Those who don't agree with his views may have especially strong feelings against him and things are quite polarized politically down there. That is only my take on it anyway.

doubleblue
09-02-2013, 06:50 PM
He is strongly against abortion and pre-marital sex as well so he has popularity with a certain group of people who, while their influence is declining, is still significant enough in numbers. I don't want to get too deep into politics here but part of Tebow's appeal is political as well as religious (think the fundamentalist Republicans south of the border). Those who don't agree with his views may have especially strong feelings against him and things are quite polarized politically down there. That is only my take on it anyway. What is a fundamentalist Republican? You make it sound like they are terrorists. Is there such a thing as a fundamentalist Democrat? (Al Gore)? Tebow's beliefs are no different then PinBall Clemons. I'm not saying you are Ravi but some of these people ragging on Tebow are just plain bigots.

ArgoRavi
09-02-2013, 07:36 PM
What is a fundamentalist Republican? You make it sound like they are terrorists. Is there such a thing as a fundamentalist Democrat? (Al Gore)? Tebow's beliefs are no different then PinBall Clemons. I'm not saying you are Ravi but some of these people ragging on Tebow are just plain bigots.

I should have said Fundamentalist Christian Republican. I wasn't saying anything good or bad about them but I think that Tebow owes much of his popularity to that group which is most influential in the southern U.S. because of his stated beliefs. Personally, I don't care what his beliefs are when it comes to his ability to play football or not but I think that there are people who don't like Tebow as a football player because of his beliefs.

doubleblue
09-02-2013, 07:56 PM
I should have said Fundamentalist Christian Republican. I wasn't saying anything good or bad about them but I think that Tebow owes much of his popularity to that group which is most influential in the southern U.S. because of his stated beliefs. Personally, I don't care what his beliefs are when it comes to his ability to play football or not but I think that there are people who don't like Tebow as a football player because of his beliefs. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Antwon
09-02-2013, 09:11 PM
Wow this is a deep thread! If he has accuracy and mobility he should drop a line to Ray, Burris, Cavillo, Ham or Moon to learn what this great league has and give it a shot. Otherwise he can call college games or move towards religious tv.

argos1873
09-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Not sure if Tebow could be an impact CFL QB, but maybe and it would be interesting to see IMO.

I am kinda amused by all the Tebow haters out there (at least some of the commentators i've heard from on some CFL fan forums); seems to me, their hatred or scoffing or lack of respect comes from 2 basic factors: 1 - they don't like his religious background or personal life or attention he geys; and 2 - these are the types who are inclined to believe/back/be in love with football "expert" sources and are very happy to see Tebow being rejected by the NFL as some sort of "proof" that these expert sources are right - he doesn't have enough "arm strength", has poor throwing "mechanics", can read a defence, only a running QB, etc. And of course - a lot of these experts and their lemmings believed Doug Flutie was not a pro "calibre" QB; and a lot of these lemmings believe a lot of stuff about other QBs or players in general - with often next to little or even zero on field evidence to go by. Tebow was an outstanding QB in college ball, and he had some success in some NFL opportunity - but maybe he should be written off for good as the experts always know best.

:o

^^^ This exactly. All I will say about the guy though, is that I believe he has enough talent for the Als, or whomever they decide to trade his rights to, to be given a shot. He has both good and bad attributes, but he knows how to play football. If he proves he can stay based on his ability, great, if he flames out, well too bad for him. I actually believe that it could be good for the CFL either way.

Ok, I will say one more thing...If you hate the guy because of his religious convictions, he is not the first or most religious players there's ever been, and I will bet you dollars to doughnuts, there's more than enough players in both leagues, that personal lives and beliefs will make you shiver in your boots. Give your heads a collective shake, and worry about what he does on tbe field. Blame the American media for giving attention to his religious side. Plenty of players have prayed or made the cross sign on the field.

ArgoRavi
09-03-2013, 09:18 PM
I agree with Chris Schultz about preferring to see Vince Young up here. He has the talent, I think, to play in our league but the larger issue with him, as I recall, has been his maturity.

argos1873
09-03-2013, 10:11 PM
I agree with Chris Schultz about preferring to see Vince Young up here. He has the talent, I think, to play in our league but the larger issue with him, as I recall, has been his maturity.

I agree, except, I see no reason for either of them to show up, besides the fact the Als own both of their rights. Is there anything trade worthy in either of their rights for the Als?

tennyis
09-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Tebow flaunts his religion I think that is a lot of it.

I am surprised though that he was never really given a chance. He did alright in Denver, even one a playoff game. Then all of a sudden he can't do anything. I am sure someone will take a chance on him. I think he will be in th CFL at some point, but I think that point is still a 2-3 years away. I could see him in Oakland, with Pryor winning the starting job and having a similar style.

ArgoRavi
09-03-2013, 11:07 PM
I agree, except, I see no reason for either of them to show up, besides the fact the Als own both of their rights. Is there anything trade worthy in either of their rights for the Als?

I think that it depends, at least in part, on how good the Argos feel about Collaros, Harris, Portis and Gale. If they think that either Young or Tebow could be better, then they might deem it to be worthwhile to trade a draft pick to the Als for the rights to one of those QBs. That is a big "if" though.

tennyis
09-04-2013, 08:37 AM
I cant see the Als trading the rights to either given there current QB situation.

argonaut11xx
09-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Tebow would be a MASSIVE improvement over the bum we played last night....that was embarrassing...

AngeloV
09-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Tebow would be a MASSIVE improvement over the bum we played last night....that was embarrassing...

Idiotic statement of the night...We have a winner.

Rocket
09-04-2013, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=argonaut11xx;36289]Tebow would be a MASSIVE improvement over the bum we played last night....that was embarrassing...[/

Yeah I would agree with you on this one. Why not bring him up here?

Rocket
09-04-2013, 10:02 PM

Hey Angelo! Why you calling that an idiotic statement did you watch that game last night? Or when he took over in that Calgary game. Yeah he had a good outing in the b.c game but this zach colloras needs major improvement to his game if he thinks he's going to stick in this league.

argonaut11xx
09-05-2013, 09:32 AM

Angelo...pi$$ off....what game were you watching?...

think about it this way...Tebow v Collaros, Tebow has a better arm, Tebow is a better runner, Tebow is bigger and stronger, Tebow has a better college resume, Tebow is MORE experienced in the PRO game...

Tebow does has dyslexia, which hurts him, and God forbid he is a Christian (just like Pinball), so in your idiotic eyes, those are his 2 biggest downfalls...

ArgoGabe22
09-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Tebow can't even hit a barn. I believe Angelo is only talking about football, Tebow's arm is his biggest downfall.

mchesher03
09-05-2013, 11:54 AM
tebow has a better arm? Tebow throws one hoppers on screen passes - his passing is erratic at best, hence why he ran the ball so much at florida or did those little jump passes at the goal line.

tebow could not consistently hit the wide side of the CFL field given what i've seen of him.

argonaut11xx
09-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Let me correct myself....

Tebow has a much STRONGER arm than zach...

accuracy, i'm not so sure....

Tebow is a proven winner, every single time he is givin an opportunity as a "starter"...zach, not so much

Sorry, i took offence to angelo's "idiot comment"...

ArgoGabe22
09-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Micheal Bishop has the strongest arm there ever was. He wasn't bad but I would not say his arm alone is why he should have been the starter.

AngeloV
09-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Angelo...pi$$ off....what game were you watching?...

think about it this way...Tebow v Collaros, Tebow has a better arm, Tebow is a better runner, Tebow is bigger and stronger, Tebow has a better college resume, Tebow is MORE experienced in the PRO game...

Tebow does has dyslexia, which hurts him, and God forbid he is a Christian (just like Pinball), so in your idiotic eyes, those are his 2 biggest downfalls...

I don't know..I watched Tebow in the pre-season game. I've never seen a QB miss his receivers as bad as he was on at leat 50% of the attempts. You really need to keep these religious beliefs out of any discussion involing me. I never have gone there, never will. Judging by some of your posts in the past, maybe you like him because he doesn't where his ball cap in a hip hop type fashion which apparently is offesive to you.

Tebow has a much STRONGER arm than zach...

More proof that you don't have a clue.
A: You are wrong
B: If you allow him 10 seconds to wind up his catapult, then perhaps he does have a pro arm.

AngeloV
09-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Hey Angelo! Why you calling that an idiotic statement did you watch that game last night? Or when he took over in that Calgary game. Yeah he had a good outing in the b.c game but this zach colloras needs major improvement to his game if he thinks he's going to stick in this league.

What part of this do you not understand? Collaros didn't even dress last year becuase he was late coming into camp. That means he has only dressed for about 10 pro games. He obviously passed Harris on the depth chart given an equal amount of reps in training camp.

Some people seem to forget that Doug Flutie didn't exactly tear up the league in 1990 when he first came in. Joe Paopao replaced him on many occassions when he struggled. On one hand people complain that the CFL (Argos in particular) have not been able to develope a yong QB. Then those same people want him yanked immediately when the team struggles. You can't have it both ways.

Argocister
09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
If Tebow comes to the CFL .... and a team gives him time to "adjust" ... Then I will cry major foul .... or should I say Fowl ..... Give the adjust time to Canadian QBs.
There is no way the CFL is a better fit. Thats just medis shooting the breeze.

argonaut11xx
09-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't know..I watched Tebow in the pre-season game. I've never seen a QB miss his receivers as bad as he was on at leat 50% of the attempts. You really need to keep these religious beliefs out of any discussion involing me. I never have gone there, never will. Judging by some of your posts in the past, maybe you like him because he doesn't where his ball cap in a hip hop type fashion which apparently is offesive to you.

More proof that you don't have a clue.
A: You are wrong
B: If you allow him 10 seconds to wind up his catapult, then perhaps he does have a pro arm.

WOW..ok..no point in making a remark that differs with Angelo the Football god....(even if its correct)..or he will call you an idiot, and clueless...strange

I watched the preseason game also...and Tebow won it...imagine that..just like he WINS everywhere he PLAYS...

Tebows arm is stronger than collaro's...i am correct....(again i'd give the accuarcy to collaros, especially when throwing into double coverage).

I have no issues with zach, except that i think Trevor Harris, and Josh Portis are better long term options.

AngeloV
09-05-2013, 03:28 PM
WOW..ok..no point in making a remark that differs with Angelo the Football god.

That's the first smart thing you've said.

argolio
09-05-2013, 03:44 PM
That's the first smart thing you've said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcGQpjCztgA

matchuk
09-05-2013, 10:23 PM

c'mon, tebow has a better arm? give me a break....ill agree that he has better legs..and winning a national championship is a great accomplishment, but thats got him where? 2nd string in denver, dropped from 2nd to 3rd in ny, and cut from 3rd in new england to unemployed

AngeloV
09-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Tebow is a proven winner, every single time he is givin an opportunity as a "starter"...zach, not so much

Wow..Can't believe i missed this gem of a quote earlier. In doing some research, in Tebow's "great season" in which he led the Broncos to an 8-8 record, here are the results of the last 5 games of that season (3 regular season and 2 playoff):

Sun December 18--Lost 41-23 vs New England--11 of 22 for 194 yards

Sat December 24-Lost 40-14 to Buffalo (yes that's right...Ryan Fitzpatrick and Buffalo)--13 of 29 for 185 yards passing

Sun January 1--Lost a 7-3 thriller to KC..had they won, they would have clinched a playoff spot without needing help(Had Oakland beaten SD, they would have been out)--completed 6 of 22 for 60 yards.

Sun January 8--won 29-23 in OT over Pittsburgh in wild card game-10-21 for 316 yards--his best passing performance ever (only 236 yards in regulation and a fluke slant pass that went for an 80 yard TD in OT), and still not even 50% completions

Sat January 14--Lost 45-10 to New England in playoff game-9 of 26 for 136 yards

In what universe is he a proven winner in the pros??

argolio
09-05-2013, 11:33 PM
In what universe is he a proven winner in the pros??This universe!
http://liberalvaluesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/tebow-and-girlfriend.jpg

AngeloV
09-05-2013, 11:42 PM
This universe!
http://liberalvaluesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/tebow-and-girlfriend.jpg

LMFAO!!! What can I possibly say to that? Other than PHOTO SHOP.

jerrym
09-06-2013, 05:21 PM
IMO, Vince Young is much more likely to be successful in the CFL than Tebow and even Young is somewhat of a question mark in that regard.

AngeloV
09-06-2013, 09:53 PM
IMO, Vince Young is much more likely to be successful in the CFL than Tebow and even Young is somewhat of a question mark in that regard.

Couldn't agree more.

argos1873
09-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I cant see the Als trading the rights to either given there current QB situation.

I could see them entertaining the idea to trade the rights to ONE of them, but maybe not quite yet.

argos1873
09-06-2013, 10:33 PM
winning a national championship is a great accomplishment, but thats got him where? 2nd string in denver, dropped from 2nd to 3rd in ny, and cut from 3rd in new england to unemployed

Doug Flutie had a similar resume before coming to BC. Now in no way am I saying Tebow is the next Flutie, but if I'm a CFL GM, and Tebow wants to give my team an honest shot, just like Doug did, I think I'm going to entertain him. But I'm only going to judge him solely on how he performs in my training camp, and how he stacks up against my other QBs in that camp. If he stinks it up, he's gone.

And like someone else said, the great Pinball is another devout Christian, and I never heard one person say one negative thing about that. I am by no means religious, but there have been cases for people where faith has been used to overcome great obstacles in life, and Pinball is one example of that. Not sure why people beat down Tebow for having the same convictions. I'd rather have Tebow than a guy like Aaron Hernandez, or Rae Carruth any day. Or even Lawrence Philips for that matter.

1971GreyCup
02-24-2021, 09:56 AM
Tim Tebow is playing D3 football in Texas now. Is the CFL the next step in his progression?

https://twitter.com/coachdancasey/status/1364409297854152706?s=21

argolio
02-24-2021, 01:59 PM
Tim Tebow is playing D3 football in Texas now. Is the CFL the next step in his progression?

https://twitter.com/coachdancasey/status/1364409297854152706?s=21No chance.

Will
02-24-2021, 03:39 PM

No.

AngeloV
02-24-2021, 04:28 PM
I would say he has a better chance of getting back into the NFL in a Taysom Hill like roll. I really believe the NFL evolution of offensive coordinators would have done him well if it happened 10 years earlier and they embraced play making QB's (not just as passers).

gilthethrill
02-24-2021, 04:32 PM

What exactly is D3 football?

gilthethrill
02-24-2021, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=AngeloV;152683]I would say he has a better chance of getting back into the NFL in a Taysom Hill like roll. I really believe the NFL evolution of offensive coordinators would have done him well if it happened 10 years earlier and they embraced play making QB's (not just as passers).[/QUOTE

I hear Tebow retired from pro baseball but no one noticed.

jerrym
02-25-2021, 01:14 AM
The only place Tim Tebow is going to shine is in his bible thumping Tebow's Night to Shine Ministry.

OV Argo
02-25-2021, 08:07 PM

Don't give Murphy any big ideas.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8