PDA

View Full Version : Price comparisin

ArgoRedneck
09-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Just throw this out there but at the NASCAR event at Canadian Tire Sports park this weekend and here are some of the prices.

3 day ticket $80. Cars are on track for different races most of the day all 3 days.
12 and under free with parent
500ml drink/pop $2
Hotdog $3
Burger $4
Beer $5

You can bring in all your own, but if you don't that's the prices you will pay. A little more down to earth prices, and that is buying directly from the track. No outside operators. Saw a few guys with Argo gear on.

Love the idea of 12 and under free with a parent. What would it it hurt if the Argos tried this in gold section on visitor side and all other seats in the lower bowl? After season tickets are sold then they can release like they do now for people to buy.

Here is the way I look at it, an empty seat does not buy a hotdog, popcorn, pop, pizza, ect... and most important does not buy a ticket for the next game.

ArgoZ
09-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Good ideas, but some things too consider. Promotions are great, but there is always the carefull balance not too upset the paying customer and not to undermine the value of your own tickets. Basically, if you give away too many freebies, the actual paying customers will drop, and your trying to increase those.

A paying adult with a free child does not bother many and is a good idea. If you feed your kids lots if goodies from Rogers Centre, you are not supporting the Argos, as they get zero from concessions.

1argoholic
09-01-2013, 06:10 PM
Argos need their own stadium and it will happen and most likely with RRogers wanting the Argos out it will be the best thing for football in the GTA. Oh and Rogers can go pound it.

jerrym
09-01-2013, 09:54 PM
The BC Lions do offer free tickets for a child (12 or under) accompanying an adult to a game for their first five regular season games. They distribute coupons for these games to students in grade 7 and lower at the end of the school year in June. These games are all before Labour Day when general interest in football is lowest. It helps increase attendance and develop team attachment among kids - something the Argos need to improve. I think the Argos should imitate the Lions on this.

Argo57
09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
The BC Lions do offer free tickets for a child (12 or under) accompanying an adult to a game for their first five regular season games. They distribute coupons for these games to students in grade 7 and lower at the end of the school year in June. These games are all before Labour Day when general interest in football is lowest. It helps increase attendance and develop team attachment among kids - something the Argos need to improve. I think the Argos should imitate the Lions on this.

Pretty smart strategy, get the young fans engaged with the league and our exciting brand of football, will pay off for years to come, the league is still struggling from the lost generation that wasn't exposed to the CFL because of the local TV blackout rule of years gone by.

flafson
09-01-2013, 10:43 PM

Aren't we and them under the same owner?

jerrym
09-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Aren't we and them under the same owner?

Having the same owner does not mean that management does everything the same way.

flafson
09-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Having the same owner does not mean that management does everything the same way.

True but i would push management towards similar standards.

Rocket
09-02-2013, 02:54 AM
True but i would push management towards similar standards.

But how when the Argos CEO is usually just worrying about picking up his pay cheque and sleeping while he is at work!

Skinny G
09-03-2013, 08:30 AM
I think it would be good for the Argos to make a joint partnership again with a grocery store/dept store/food vendor... to create the "Family Zone" again. This section is typically under the Jumbotron... where there is usually an issue selling tickets because of it not being a great spot and we don't see that section filled that much anyway. In the past, I believe they've had the agreement to buy tickets through Metro, and Pizza Pizza. I think it would be a smart deal...could even look to Wendys or a company like Target who's trying to stretch their brand. Pushes families to get out, provides some value for a section that's typically empty and is a great area for "newbies" to check out a game... and hopefully get them to latch on to the Double Blue!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8